British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Oxford Cheetahs vs Poole Pirates BSN 2nd Leg 8/5/24

23 hours ago, lbw said:

If that was the case then Max Perry would've been told to deliberately touch the tapes in heat 14 to allow Sam Hagon to come in.

Even with Cheetahs on a 5-1 in that race Max didn't drop the bike and stay down for a re-run.

Oh dear ur not doing very well today Ratters! :D

Perry needed to take his third ride so no replacement would have been allowed, only to start from -15.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, lbw said:

Is this the thread ur looking for? I came across it as I walked along Sandy Lane :D.......

images.jpeg

Very good, but you know exactly what I meant …

Edited by Toady

On 5/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, Spiderman1 said:

Gp’s in ‘25 bagpuss?

Maybe a bit soon but you look at some of the new riders in the series this year and I'd suggest he has as much potential as some of those. The key is for him to make his mark abroad, ie start making a proper impact in Poland, and qualifying for the SEC would have been a big step forward.

But I feel there is plenty more to come from him.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Boughen cleared the track pretty quickly too.Was that because Sam Masters was in front at the time?

Maybe. Would like to think he would have cleared it anyway. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe. Would like to think he would have cleared it anyway. 

Maybe but Jenkins didnt

On 5/9/2024 at 11:34 AM, Spiderman1 said:

Gp’s in ‘25 bagpuss?

Brennan is a long way from GP standard imo. Plus there plenty of competition with Britain having a strong top 2 or 3. 

Didn't make it through the first qualifier, so don't see him getting a wild card.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Brennan is a long way from GP standard imo. Plus there plenty of competition with Britain having a strong top 2 or 3. 

Didn't make it through the first qualifier, so don't see him getting a wild card.

That was the lower grade SEC qualifyer, which reinforces your point. But he's definitely come on this year. Needs to up his scores for Gdansk though.

35 minutes ago, arnieg said:

That was the lower grade SEC qualifyer, which reinforces your point. But he's definitely come on this year. Needs to up his scores for Gdansk though.

Winning the British Final (or 2nd to Bewley) and getting to the final at Cardiff would make the selectors take notice.

He's really impressed me this year for Poole & Birmingham. But SEC should be his next target before GPs imo.

• Like 1