Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. I found this one: Ernie: Des O' Connor is a self-made man Eric: I think it's very good of him to take the blame reminded me of you for some reason
  2. Eric 'I've just bought Des O'Connor's new album' Ernie 'Where from?' Eric 'Boots the chemist' Ernie 'Did you need a prescription?' Eric 'I had to go to the poison counter' I hear that Newcastle speedway will be playing it throughout 2016
  3. Who rattled your cage? Got anything relevant to add? Because in terms of dross, nothing compares to you (apart from Jenga of course).
  4. Peterborough is an EL set up (although I admit that the EL of today is a millions miles from Elite and the alleged top level still needs to seriously sort itself out) and I still hope that our current owners or new owners will return us from whence we came in the not too distant future. PL speedway amongst Sunday drivers does nothing for me, well PL full stop come to that, and the former is not compatible with that objective. I can take it or leave it which wasn't the case until the last couple of seasons. Perhaps I've done my speedway supporting time all fallen out of love with the sport at domestic level? If where we are is the ambition the club now has then so be it if it balances the finances and works for those concerned, attendance isn't compulsory is it. Living in the past it may be but 2013 isn't exactly ancient history and it's still an open wound which has had salt scattered on it on various occasions since then. It just will not heal. However, you can't move forward if you don't exist so credit to Rathbone & Swales for keeping the show on the road through troubled times. Peterborough Speedway is there for those who want it which is the main thing, and the fact that the sport still has one of its best set ups in operation shouldn't be underestimated. Well you did ask!
  5. "Rathbone also reiterated on a number of occasions that important meetings lie ahead with their East of England Showground landlords and the club owners. The suggestion is that significantly more Sunday meetings could feature in the 2016 schedule" (peterboroughtoday/speedway/speedway-the-weird-world-of-a-peterborough-panthers-fans-forum) Long way between suggestion and reality, hopefully a long long way.
  6. Well he could pay us back for years of dross when the two time EL champions lowered their sights to keep him in work. I'm sure that there will be a mix so you can make up for my likely non attendance and vice versa for Friday.
  7. I feel quite left out and hurt Tel (although I have had one of those on WWoS ) Nobody ever PMs me in that way these days, not since Bratters moved on anyway
  8. Nice to be call a Youf again innit Tel, the memory just about stretches back. The music at the EoES is fine, it's the Ronco mic and the constant interruptions that are the problem
  9. Jeez, with waffle like that Tel you could get a job with a roving mic I've saved the relevant bit that requires action
  10. Jethro Tull What do I win (and don't say a 2016 season ticket)
  11. In a sort of come and see what you could have won sort of way!
  12. Well you better hope that Rathbone, the team manager and the assistant to the team manager can keep Bjerre sweet because team spirit didn't allegedly seem to be a strong point previously. Can't see him dropping down tbh as I'd have thought that he still has ambition, but then again there might be a bigger picture here?
  13. Wouldn't say that it's a big downside but it is a good point. We're only talking small numbers here so perhaps it is time for more flexibilty and thinking outside the box. It might increase sales and, as you say, introduce new supporters?
  14. Great selling point, sounds like you'll be the last one to leave so put the lights out when you go.
  15. Certainly on the maths front: "PETERBOROUGH have hit their survival target to continue racing! The required £40,000 to keep Panthers on track has been raised." - what's 10k between enemies?
  16. You just made his day by assuming that he was bright enough to scroll down Can't believe that the fruitcake has got me to bite
  17. Do you mean that someone actually thought that our looney friend knew something
  18. That's how the news usually gets out so well done for spotting that. I don't know where we'd be without your vigilance
  19. Doesn't matter what he believes. He's got to work with the dates the landlords offer. It'll need to be the usual mix of dates, preferably the majority being not Sunday, if at all!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy