Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. A couple of don't knows on the BSF is hardly representative of the fan base. Any rider signed gets a chance. It's what happens from then that matters.
  2. At least the website has gone sensible. A local journo off the leash in a minor local comic is a dangerous thing. Ged doesn't deserve that! I'm sure that MP is glad that his rockets supremo friend keeps publicising his work or else we'd miss it
  3. Speedway rules: written with the intention of being flexible enough for any given situation or request
  4. Our fixture list has been our fixture aspirations for years. Due to the joys of Sunday speedway you now get the full Peterborough speedway experience. Allegedly the landlords will not let us have the date which they must have previously offered in full knowledge of the dog event? Rumour is that the Panthers mascot is in the doggy high jump competition to confirm that nobody jumps higher at the EoES than we do. Have they? There's jack on the website. True.
  5. Even that doesn't top 29/11/11 when the new look team was announced which was so far removed from virtually every team posted on Panthers forum that everyone is still wondering how did that happen? I light a candle in the back garden every Nov 29. Swindon started their Christmas celebrations in November that year I believe? The celebrations carried on until they won the 2012 EL title with our top 2? Now that was a crime
  6. That's true. Losing to a team that has 3 riders who rode for Panthers in the EL, with the addition of Newman, Holder and T.Kurtz isn't much of a crime . Losing at home to 6 fingers in 2013, now that was a crime
  7. I've just read that, very amusing. Reminded me of this "Let's carry on this way as a united team and ignore the writings and words of the negative, ignorant and frequently anonymous people who are seemingly trying to divide us." (2009 vintage) - the trend was generally downhill from that point despite the good. You need to work with the negatives, not surround yourself entirely with those blowing smoke.
  8. "Faith" was the best when the God botherers hijacked our PA due to a technical hitch. It seemed very amusing at the time but in hindsight was better that much of what comes out these days. I only skimmed through the heats on Sky so didn't hear the kids on that but I'm not that bad a person that I have to punish myself twice. If that's being miserable, as I've seen posted elsewhere, then so be it, I can live with that. I'd have gone £10 and free parking for the night in preference to the kids offer. Anyway it's done now. I don't like Sundays so am looking at Newcastle in the middle of August as next up. You can cover my Sundays' lost admission
  9. It's all guff on the whole, everyone knows that, but it's still good to source your guff rather than post a line of nothing
  10. Certainly is: "The Dane, who was Comets’ fifth confirmed signing in November, lost one of his main sponsors and as a result is unable to ride in the UK this season." Doesn't mention that here
  11. Funnily enough I have got one of those (no really)
  12. I purchased one of those cassette radio walkman things from e-bay. It's a bit bulky, nobody uses cassettes these days, the am radio is a bit in and out and crackly but it was cheap and the sound was better than those two roving mics last night. I'm getting there on the technology front
  13. Unlike our friend, you're not unfortunately in full possession of the facts whereas he's always full of it
  14. If he was sitting near me then the last thing he'd be doing is listening to his phone. In the listening choice section of the stand, the booming inaudible PA wins every time I was listening to England U21s, it was difficult to hear but 8-0 v the Japanese was a great result for the lads!
  15. Air horns are fine but not in the hands of a groups of kids playing who can irritate the adults the most. I've read that some didn't see the problem. The good news is that Specsavers will check you ears as well as your eyes these days.
  16. toot - you missed one! And in red we have, toot, toot, toot, and in blue we have toot, toot, toot, in white we have toot, toot, toot and in yellow it's toot, toot, toot - what could possibly go wrong!
  17. Who's paying for that then? Has he won the Euro Lottery because we're told as a club we're not in the position to help either? Hope it doesn't go bang first meeting. “Rafal had said recently on Facebook that both his bikes needed attention and he didn’t have the money to fix them. “At this level you need to have two good standard bikes, it’s as simple as that. I know some of the supporters have helped him but unfortunately the club isn’t in a position, financially, to help him (gazettelive.co)
  18. No, it'd be better if both adverts were positioned correctly on the boards in the first place. Shocking thing to say, but anyone who stayed away because of hoards of kids, good call I didn't
  19. Can't be any worse than the £5 offer last year under the supremo and then almost closure thereafter.
  20. A plus for the EL or being at Swindon but speedway at the EoES is actually worth the effort, roving mic as it's currently used, apart that is. No, that's correct. Plus if you're a hanger on to the group then you get a concession. The thinking is that the hardcore will turn up regardless on other nights whereas the kids might turn up again and bring a paying adult with them in future, or indeed turn into the future hardcore. It may work but history tells us that it's more likely tomorrow's chip paper. That offer and a tenner all round might have been better for this one but someone always has a gripe over something unfortunately; probably valid on most occasions I might add.
  21. Short of VIPs attending are they, just hand a ticket to anyone walking by. Let's hope FP doesn't walk by, that'd lower the tone considerably
  22. First point makes no difference so still no requirement to investigate part 2. Just try to imagine Edwin trying to tell you the line-up of the heat when the bike are already at tapes, totally pointless. It's probably better audio in the cheap seats?
  23. Firstly you can't hear anything when the PA kicks in (including often making sense of what's coming out of the PA). Secondly, my phone makes and receives calls, that's it. I don't play the can't bloody leave my expensive mobile entertainment centre alone for 2 minutes game Bet Canary Wharf man will not like that
  24. If they didn't turn out in their droves to watch a better show and better riders in the EL then the fact that we're a stepping stone for Lambert is going to make little difference. If he listens to Woffinden then he may not be riding the higher league next season (Higher League, you've got to laugh ) so hopefully some 6 fingered fans will also make the trip on your advice. Although can't people glimpse from elsewhere anyway should they so wish? Not that I'm advocating that of course: better live as I said. If only they could put the Sky feed through the PA during heat results, that'd be a real bonus (did it once in 1999 as we listened to The Knights blow the title (good quiz question) so it's not impossible).
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy