Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. Unless you have plenty of well watered shale from the off, and move it and well water it frequently, you've got no chance of a scary track at 3pm on a Sunday! There's always some excuse for it being slick because it always will be.
  2. That's the danger of posting when you don't know what you're on about. Also, as you find all things Panthers so interesting, I thought you'd have read it on page 2 of the Plymouth v Panthers thread?
  3. Which part of "Palm-Toft appears to have had a change of heart about racing in the UK in 2015" don't you understand?
  4. I don't think you have to wonder. If some put as much effort into putting out the best side possible away from home (as opposed to just putting a side out), compared to the effort which goes into putting out a side at home, then speedway might be more appealing?
  5. Well that's one way of looking at it: "Palm-Toft appears to have had a change of heart about racing in the UK in 2015. He signed for another Premier League club, Workington, during the winter but then pulled out of their line-up due to a lack of sponsorship. " Panthers have run on sentiment for far too long and it's cost them big time over the years. They have to do what's best for the team, and in this case, injury prone riders shouldn't come into the equation (unless there are good options if they're off track); as popular as they might be amongst some fans and management?
  6. They need to cater for the home team and fans and they did that as they said that they would. Track used to be like that, or heavier, week in, week out. If Sam Tesar was watching he'd call that slick, whereas R.Lyon would throw the toys out of the pram and question his involvement in the sport!
  7. Who is? Even if you think you are, there's always an amendment on file to solve whatever issue arises.
  8. I was going to put that this is a general point and not a comment on Friday night's incident but then thought that I'd wait for it to arrive, and there it is! I just said a lifetime ago that for me it wasn't as 100% correct as you seem to think. I seem to be in the minority, I can cope with that. If everything was so clear cut then we wouldn't need a pit phone for riders to swear at and throw down would we.
  9. We all know that in theory that's the mantra, but we also know that it's not as simple as that. Riders often use the term "allowing racing room" - what does that mean? IMO is does not mean they can ride whatever line they like because they are 1/2 bike length in front.
  10. Of course if that was Hans Andersen or Nicki Pedersen defending their position in their Peterborough days you'd be wetting yourself for an exclusion for unfair riding.
  11. What, missing riders and injuries don't apply to that? We can look forward to a full team for the real stuff fixtures?
  12. Simple take on it from centre stand after watching riders fly by and turn into that corner for more years than I care to remember. Allen went where many go week in, week out, but Jakobsen went straight for longer than is normal which gave Allen nowhere to go at high speed. If that happens on turn 3 the Allen gets excluded then nobody is any the wiser. Happening where it did I wouldn't have been surprised to see Jakobsen excluded. If it's a racing incident then why is anyone excluded as both are culpable?
  13. So you are gonna rise to it but in your own time, not that there was any bait, it was just a simple question. I look forward to you clarifyinhg the situation for me later.
  14. Well I could say the same but I did, it must hurt not to be able to explain yourself. It wasn't a particularly difficult question.
  15. So what's your summing up of how he came ride straight on into the fence? I thought that he'd have preferred to turn left if allowed.
  16. "much improved" - think that we're a bit early in the experiment to be making those sort of statements.
  17. No, but he is supposed to turn left. Not saying that I disagree with the decision but wouldn't have disagreed if Jakobsen have been excluded for unfair riding. I suppose if that was going into the 3rd bend then the decision wouldn't have been questioned which perhaps agrees with the ref's decision.
  18. And when was that document published? You missed off 18.6.5 though which states that all BSPA guidelines are open to interpretation, depending on who's asking and what day of the week it is. Also 18.6.5.1 The guidelines should not be taken too literally, we leave that to the boys and girls of the BSF.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy