-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
How true. It's like phoning the track to see if the meeting's on as you're sweeping the water off your drive! Club websites should be up to date and the first port of call for supporters. The fact that they aren't says much about communications within the sport. If you can't give fans even basic information then don't be surprised that they don't turn up (that's not just here but generally throughout the season).
-
They say at meetings though to check the club website for latest news. If you were checking the website now to see whether or not you can go to that Halloween party you'd confirm that you could, when in fact you may wish to be at the EoES.
-
That's the only bit I read so we agree on something.
-
All That Is Wrong With Speedway....
Crump99 replied to le sorcier's topic in Speedway News and Discussions
True -
Of course you're entitled to your opinion but if you're going to post guff (in my opinion) about a club that you don't support then the chances are you'll get a response. If you think that's rude then you should get out more! It wasn't like it is now though when they were watching Panthers in the Elite. They might have given up on the sport anyway as many others from all tracks seem to be doing?
-
It's all about opinions isn't it. I didn't get any of that and after the consistently exciting end to 2013 I can't recall too many races that were great in 2014, although naturally there were some, but apart from a couple by the ostrich, don't expect me to list them. Also the track in 2013 was well prepared, especially towards the latter half of the season with plenty of lines providing exciting racing. I'd also prefer not to have my Sunday broken by speedway unless it's early evening. That's the alternative view. I hope that we end up with some sort of Prem Plus substitute for the EL which might cater to all? Can't see it though with Sky showing Elite League speedway.
-
Jason Crump Mick Poole Richard Greer Ryan Sullivan Hans Andersen Zdenek Tesar Brian Clark
-
Well it's slightly better than picking next year's team in September, leaving out riders who are still riding for the team. That's not aimed at you btw but is just on my bugbear list at no 73
-
I noticed today that Specsavers are offering free eye tests; I think that you should take up the offer! Jeez, and we've got the resident looney posting a team a day and it's only October.
-
Unfortunately that is a valid point.
-
I think it's been proved since 2010 that pigs do fly at the EoES and "Anything Can Happen in the Next Half Hour..." or usually next 4 months in our case.
-
I think the key bit you ignored is "any time but Sunday to Weds" which includes Tuesday! - Frost did as many Fridays as possible.
-
The way forward is consistency of fixtures, and a return to the EL when it sorts itself out, and running any time but Sunday to Weds and Saturday! Which leaves Thurs & Friday so I sort of agree I suppose?
-
Just wants to get into Brandon free while it's still there
-
"outgoing supremo", you've got to admire the comedy element within Plumm's articles - this is a corker!
-
It's consistent fixtures on a regular popular evening that are more of a problem, That's the primary reason Panthers are in this mess IMO, That started when Horton was here first time in 2003 (and wasn't his fault that time around I hasten to add). Being valued and not charged an arm and a leg is helpful though I agree!
-
So do many others.
-
He wasn't doubting it. That's a different subject!
-
He just did that to some extent with product returned severly damaged at half-time, along with, in Rick's words: "The club’s reputation has been damaged and that reflects badly on me and Julie." - so in answer to the question, getting back to a point where he has a saleable asset and can once again say: "we have regained our good name in speedway." That should be enough?
-
I think Batchelor will get one. He's improved over the season and, apart from Iversen, he's better than the other three IMO at this level. Plus they'll want the Melbourne round to be a success with 3 Aussies plus Ward as the 16th man.
-
Supremo
-
It was reported, if my memory serves me right, as a 2 year deal with option to purchase at the end of that. Clearly not the most watertight agreement as most people weren't confident we'd last the season. It was touch and go!
-
I don't know why people keep banging on about regular Fridays. Don't people think that if it could have been done it would? Frost had the financial clout but could still only get some Fridays (which possibly anyone else could also get) and not too much in the way of consistent fixtures, especially during the summer months. Unless the landlords have a major policy change and spoonful of helpful competence then it'll be fragmented fixtures for new owners or Rick & Julie if they have a change of heart? Bratters was also part of Horton's first tenure when Fridays were all but lost, and also a driving force during Colin's tenure, along with Frost's early years. What miracle is he going to perform now that he couldn't then?
-
Because that's why we're here IMO.