Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. I'd imagine that he paid big bucks to some but you seemed to suggest that was some sort of bonus? We won as much under Rick with his chequebook as we'll win this season without, so what's the relevance?
  2. We had cheque book speedway in 2006, possibly 2007 with Rick having the cheque book without the personnel from 2008-2013. So that's approx 7 years since 1970. Seems to indicate that we've hardly had chequebook speedway at all percentage wise? But much like your mate Tsumami, you're not big on detail either
  3. Not fussed really. Never wanted to be here in the first place and after winning the EL live on Sky a couple of times it's all a bit second best anyway isn't it?
  4. Victory is ours (in the senior track debate at least) so the weak wind up continues. Can't you and your Arse just retire gracefully
  5. Do I view it or leave it? Decisions, decisions! Now what would George do? edit - think I'll leave it
  6. Indeed I said that I might have it wrong which is why I asked for clarification oh mighty one. What exactly did good old George do to make us all stand back in amazement? You also clearly didn't realise that the football is Chelsea v Arsenal on Sky so it's unlikely I'll be at it, but then again, attention to detail isn't your strong point is it?
  7. Not sure what you're saying, you may need to clarify if I have it wrong? So because George put a spanner in the works of an already arranged fixture and then backed down he's suddenly some sort of messiah?
  8. Its me, as arthur sleep told you (different names, different places.) I'd rather be elsewhere most weeks but have usually made the effort, which is more than can be said for some, and this Sunday will be no different. In fact with the vibes for 2015 being rather negative I want to unbolt my seat and take it home as a souvenir of happier EL days.
  9. So will anyone else if they've got any brains, it might be the last opportunity they have?
  10. Good old George, what a hero, created and then solved a problem which wasn't there in the first place.
  11. I never get my knickers in a twist, it's usually everyone else, I'll keep going all day. I'm happy with the fooball and the Arc. Would be better for us all though if speedway didn't keep confirming it's guardians couldn't run a bath? We await what Edinburgh riders have been told?
  12. Mainly because you can't answer the question or when you do you have less evidence than those you're discussing it with. Wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but recently having gone through the unwritten March 1 rule we know all too well the workings of the clan BSPA. Doubt this'll last long here but just to clarify although I'm probably looking in the wrong place to suit my argument: Fri 03 Edinburgh Monarchs v Newcastle Diamonds A 7:30pm Premier League Knock Out Cup Sun 05 Reserved H 7:00pm Premier League and on Edinburgh's site: Sun 05 Peterborough Panthers v Edinburgh Monarchs League Cup 2:00pm
  13. Would be nice to see a news article though on the Panthers or BSPA website saying that they are aware of the speculation regarding this fixture but it goes ahead as planned. The Newcastle news item says "It was a great show from us and sets us up nicely for the Monarchs whom we visit on October 3rd with the second leg at our place on Sunday - October 5th at 6.30pm." which is either accurate or it should be removed.
  14. PLEASE NOTE: Fixtures subject to change as and when BSPA Press Office is advised by the staging club. So in: 05-10-14 Peterborough v Edinburgh LC F Peterborough are the staging club and have that down as their next fixture, with no news item saying anything to the contrary? The difference is you seem to be on a different planet. I would appreciate your help on putting the puzzle together oh great one as I'm buggered if I know what you're on about? Now if it said: PLEASE NOTE: Fixtures subject to change as and when BSPA Press Office is advised by the staging club, or if senior track rules (rules ) are enforced, buggering everyone up! then I might have understood.
  15. I have, BSPA fixtures say: 05-10-14 Peterborough v Edinburgh LC F Where should I be looking?
  16. Chaos only reigns if the parties don't communicate and/or negotiate. It's no good throwing out the senior Sunday track cobblers because youv'e got an unforseen (or foreseen in this case) problem all of a sudden.
  17. As has been said, nothing much agrees with you apart from the know it all and news item on the Newcastle website. Even the Newcastle website hasn't got the bottle to agree with: "It was a great show from us and sets us up nicely for the Monarchs whom we visit on October 3rd with the second leg at our place on Sunday - October 5th at 6.30pm." The splash screen says next fixture tbc and the Newcastle fixture list says " Sun 05 Reserved H 6:30pm Premier League If what you say is true then why is everyone crapping themselves rather than confirm what you say the situation is? Travelling 8 miles round the ring road is no skin off my nose with live football and the Arc as the alternative but many of the dwindling speedway public have trickier plans to make. I'm sure that someone relevant looks at this site so how about putting everyone out of their misery. Just confirm what's going on, it's not difficult!
  18. Which haven't worked so they have run on some Sundays and publicly stated that they'd like to run others. Didn't see anyone object to that announcement or this fixture until someone realised that they'd cocked up. We probably could have found a Tuesday date but it's all agreed and organised now, we've gone past the looking for suitable dates phase.
  19. If the someone is you then it's a pleasure although everything is so clear cut and you know it all so it's not easy to ignore you, even with the ignore function on. So nobody at your end had thought that you may make the semi-final, who the opposition might be and what date you might wish to run? If you had the date as provisional in your fixture list and we didn't consider those questions or check then I might have more sympathy.
  20. So we assume that Newcastle objected to our Aug 6 press release saying that we wish to hold more Sunday meetings? Makes you wonder how this fixture was agreed and who agreed it. Even the BSPA have it in upcoming fixtures so they don't recognise your argument or surely it would say provisional http://www.speedwaygb.co/ (I took a full screen snip should it mysteriously change!)
  21. I'd imagine that Newcastle raised their objection when Panthers news (Aug 6) posted: "Panthers bosses are keen to stage further Sunday fixtures following the success of a recent victory over previously unbeaten table-toppers Edinburgh." and everyone agreed this fixture without anything else in the way? Just seems tough unfortunately, we were in there first. Of course being as it's Peterborough they'll side with the opposition.
  22. It is when your business is so influenced by others. In our case our landlords and the great ship BSPA. The only subjects discussed every close season since Mercer arrived (now gone thankfully?) are the difficulties & losses. It's only people like Rick Frost who can buy in to that, otherwise we end up back at your fed up point! I appreciate what your saying though!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy