Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. I doubt that it's a surprise to any long term Panther fans that Chapman isn't making anything if true. The EoES and speedway sucks cash, always has, always will. No way could they close the grandstand and I doubt the EoES would let them charge extra after nearly 50 years, plus it would be difficul to administer and almost impossible to police. Added to that, they'd lose more fans than any charge would make up for IMO.
  2. I've been saying same as everyone else but also adding that it wasn't that bad that it couldn't easily be fixed. A bit drier and lack of regular grading to allow the dirt line to build up was all that was needed tonight, plus Andersen rolling back the years; especially doing a Sayfutdinov in heat 15. I also said that the first couple of meetings were run efficiently and we were off home in very good time so please do keep up. One swallow doesn't make a summer but as long as you're happy scoring a couple bonus points as chair of the Buster fan club then that made the evening doubly worthwhile for those of us present!
  3. Lets face it, what's the point of him riding there? Those days are gone. Has been a great rider but bread and butter on the track that he loves must be the sensible option surely.
  4. I think that it'll improve but with all of the other things going on and a somewhat uninspiring team it's a change that wasn't really helpful at this time. If Holder can pop out the start early doors I could see another track record, that'll go down like a lead balloon
  5. Problem being that at the EoES in 2019 if you're not in the mix after 30 yards then you're giving a 100% in 4th and staying there.
  6. You could say that: Heat 03: King, Bellego, Wright, Barker (1-5) (4-14) 57.4 NEW TRACK RECORD
  7. With the question out there so early I think that what they report will be the reality on this occasion.
  8. Yes. The bloke who has taken over the unwanted pre-meeting mic is somehow worse than the named person. Just like Maybot's boomerang WA (know that you love that reference Rodders ), that's some trick
  9. Which is exactly why we're at the bottom and still falling.
  10. Well it'll please my dog because he'll get a nice walk at Ferry Meadows on Thursday evening.
  11. Losses on and off the track won’t drive away the Panthers owners (edit from P'boro ET Monday 28 October 2013) Owner Rick Frost admits he should have acted sooner to salvage Panthers’ season. Panthers were rock-bottom when team boss Jan Staechmann was sacked to allow all-time great Ryan Sullivan to make a dramatic return to the club. That switch, combined with a triple rider change, sparked a terrific turnaround as Panthers flirted with a top-four spot before having to settle for a seventh-placed finish. Frost said: “We should have made the changes much earlier so I guess the buck stops with me. “Everything turned around after the arrival of Ryan and the alterations to the team. “Crowd levels were disastrous in the first part of the season. They went up as the team began to perform well. And generally at Peterbough they'll drop off just as quickly if the team is bombing at the EoES. I'd also add presentation and atmosphere in with product and the former always needs work although Frost/Mahoney set the standard, albeit as part of the Readypower budget, and as Shovlar pointed out, the latter is terribly flat.
  12. A side glance in the stand seems to indicate not too bad considering but not sure how much of the 2200 seats is not used now for whatever reason. Also though, if it doesn't improve then it will drop off so it probably needs this early season rush for the season average.
  13. I'd agree with that general summing up, although it wasn't decent from a Panthers perspective. As I said before, there's not actually too much wrong that a couple of decent riders wouldn't put right.
  14. I'm not fussed either but my mate has a season ticket so I'll be there, but if he misses in future (which I know he will a couple) then so will I unless something drastic happens. Having said that, even with a reason to attend my enthusiasm was already being tested and I'm not sure that it'll take too much more of that on track.
  15. Well if you can't see how confused that sentence is then we're not going to get anywhere. You're not someone that I'd wish to liaise with either so we'll call it quits here. Suffice to finish though. If I expect my team to win and they get turned over then fair play, that's impressive. I'll still gripe the same but without the grapes. When I turn up just wondering if one of my team will win a race against a competent side with several riders perfectly at home at the EoES then that result was coming and inevitable. Excuse me for not appreciating the impressive nature of it.
  16. If you say so. It could be a long one and one never gets the time back so I'll concede to your delusions
  17. Anyone who thought that had not seen Allen at the EoES. A rider I would have liked to have seen here and one who knocks spots off our two, as was shown. When he did run a last behind Summers the damage was well done by then. If beating that Panthers side is impressive then let's hope that you don't come up against any decent teams.
  18. Careful with that one. NL, strung out follow the leader at the EoES (I say at the big pacey EoES and not NL generally) would only get a few hundred in if you're lucky so would be the final nail IMO.
  19. Shuffling deck chairs. It's about quality, not motivation. When we've tried to single out individuals in the past we've always been told that it's a management team and collective decisions so as the owner doesn't appear to do collective responsibilty, can we now hang someone out to dry
  20. Could cope with that although you can't polish a - and that team, not their fault as they are doing their best although a bit shambolic at times, is certainly a With all those breaks (including a sun break), why a bloody interval
  21. All I know is that this was our named team and everyone seemed happy at that point: PANTHERS 2019 (Team subject to normal BSPA approval): Chris Harris, Hans Andersen (c), Craig Cook, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Charles Wright, Lasse Bjerre, Ben Barker. Who let that be named and then broken up?
  22. I said to my mate beforehand that someone said that we had better reserves but they clearly hadn't seen Jake Allen at the EoES or BWD trying to make a gate. 2 & 3 is bit more than out of position and doesn't factor in the knock on to the balance of the team generally. That result's been coming and wasn't too difficult to predict, averages/paper or anything else you want to justify it with. Chapman can't ride the bikes that's true but he can put a side together which clearly isn't good enough which is why Rathbone came up with something totally different. edit - if as a Panthers fan I became a Lynn fan I think that it would be great to be in a stadium with all my relations at the same time
  23. Andersen is a busted flush but would have been ok in the original side. Bjerre and Barker were reserves but tonight sitting at 2 & 3. It's not rocket science to see that the lack of quality is the problem (6 home race winners ). I'm sure that decent home riders would do justice to the track.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy