Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. Usually they'll wait to see if we can make the play-offs. If it's looking likely then any decision will go against us. If we can't make the play-offs then the decision will go for us. That's how it worked last time anyway.
  2. The major difference is that Frost/Mahoney could run at the expensive unhelpful EoES whereas it's brought everyone else to their knees. It was a golden opportunity wasted, much possibly self inflicted. I hope Rathbone has a kind bank manager and sponsors because enthusiasm doesn't pay the EoES and other bills. You do realise that Tsunami is the BSPA forum representative
  3. Different set of circumstances but fair point and doubt that it'll be the last time that it happens: Hawkins/Oakes & Easter - Horton/Horton - Horton/Frost & Mahoney - Frost & Mahoney/Rathbone, get the drift.
  4. He should have bothered though and he might not have qualified it with "I can only speak for myself, but I had a good conversation with Colin Horton last week and he said nothing but positive things about Peterborough. He told me the club is fine and he is going nowhere." - that was 2007 and in 2008 Horton was history and Frost had to save the club and allegedly sort out what Andersen was owed
  5. As Hans Andersen once said "I've got better things to do than bother about internet forums" - it's not difficult to see why.
  6. Not much happening or mention elsewhere it seems so hot air and programme filler?
  7. I've been equally frustrated many times before when the opposition have blasted around the home team so I get what you say. Trouble is that it's bloody obvious what's going to happen but it just keeps happening Likewise with Bacon, we hear all this guff about motors, who's helping him and what he's doing elsewhere, but then he tops it with a lemon of a ride like heat 14 yesterday, First to last on the inside tram line. He's picking up a few points now with some extra speed but doesn't seem to be learning how to ride the EoES. He just doesn't look aggressive on the bike so I'm not sure that he's up to it anyway, time will tell.
  8. I think that the SWC is an annual pointless toilet that could be sorted out over a weekend, so I think that WC looks spot on
  9. That's the problem with thinking it's one not to miss, it rarely turns out that way. I can't see how your expectations are so high being a Kings Lynn supporter? It wasn't a classic due to Glasgow's heat leaders not turning up but there was plenty of passing and fast action on another well prepared circuit. I don't agree that it was slick, as has been said said by others, and they are clearly trying to reintroduce a more effective inside line. Given Panthers dire position and form, I think this was perhaps one for the home fans, so I enjoyed it but can understand your lack of enthusiasm.
  10. If we decide to give you a Sheffield type healthy start then we'll be in trouble. If we're on the red meat from heat one like today then you might as well stay at home
  11. Sounds a bit lke heat 13 today with Holder doing what Holder does with Harris eventuall joining him Heat 13: Holder,Harris,Summers,Lawson(Retired)...62.8. (5-1). 47-33. Line Up: Harris , Holder , Lawson , Summers Comments: Holder is pure entertainment round the showground and he is so dominant, he gates last but cuts back to go between both Tigers down the back straight lap 1 but Summers gets back up the inside down the home straight so Holder repeats his pass and holds it this time. (speedwayupdates/peterborough-glasgow) along with "Ostergaard was all over the track bouncing off the fence down the straights 2 or 3 times" Standard stuff down our way It was a bit weak and tired, much like myself tbh - thanks for the compliment Golden rule was, when we were able to frequent the highr echelons of the forum before our demise, to never reply to brum under any circumstances, Naturally I did often but it's a big mistake. You have to yield at some point just to get your life back
  12. I don't know why people refer to grey areas within the rule book because the whole thing is a grey area open to interpretation for any given situation. That's how it works, keep it as complicated as possible because something somewhere is bound to contradict with something else so you can just make a decision on the day and do similar next time.
  13. Have a day off mate. Not that interesting. I just checked the website which is the source of news, allegedly, and there's jack on there.
  14. Well after being shat on for many years: 1995 Tractor boys, Jesper B Monberg, events of 2010 etc being prime examples then it's nice to turn that around.
  15. It does if someone is putting an incorrect spin on things. What's happened has happened and it's too late to correct it this time, but let's get the facts straight and try to learn for next time.
  16. I'd agree with that. I said to my mate that we'd heard enough times that track work was needed but all we got was the usual situation of people standing and looking with naff all going on. If they'd done the track work, which took no time at all, but said that they can't continue until the medical situation (and explain what the situation is) is resolved then fans might be a bit more understanding.
  17. I'm sure we did the same until Frost/Manoney bailed out. It's only since then that you dread an accident or air fence going bang because that's an hour you never get back. Medical cover is expensive though so in a cash strapped sport you can see the logic of the basic level care.
  18. Shouldn't bite really 😋 Only got 5 digits on each hand though and not directly related to everyone who attends my local speedway track 🙂
  19. We have someone who can prepare a track but have have a habit over many years of throwing up a lemon for some reason. I think that there would have been a lengty break anyway as anything involving the doctor and another ambulance seem to put a stop on things these days. Breaks of that length are unacceptable but the bigger problem is lack of communication as to what's going on. It really isn't rocket science to give the paying punters meaningful communications during such a period. There's always a possible (genuine) excuse at the EoES, it's a fact of life of running there. If I heard Holder right though he said that the riders had said before a wheel was turned that the track should be bladed as they could see that there was a problem? If that's the case then the Morris incident might not have happened which means that screm has a valid point if I suspect missing the real target. Wyers would be under orders and does as good a job as allowed.
  20. Believe me I could go on all day and eventually you'd agree or give up. But people on here will get sick of it and temperatures will rise. I've been there many times before and on much bigger issues than whether a 60 second race was one one of the best ever seen
  21. Jeez, when will Panthers fans learn to budget. It's the same number of fixtures however they are spaced out and the same old issues of supporting Panthers at the EoES for the last 14 year or more: From 2003 - "CLUB owner Mick Horton has issued a rallying call for Panthers fans to turn out and support his side for their third meeting in five days at the Showground tonight"
  22. More worrying was that we did our best to P off those who were there. Why did it take the best part of an hour for a 10 minute track grade that sorted the problem? Nothing worse than people standing round looking at a fixable problem with no work being started. It was a decent meeting after that. A win always helps although that's not saying much against the basement side, As you say, Sunday is a whole different different kettle of fish.
  23. We'll agree to disagree then. I've got better things to do than get involved with Sheffield's version of Jenga.
  24. Don't worry about that chap, bit of an idiot with his own agenda but plenty of experience of what he's talking about. Didn't he also say: "I don't mind saying that I was wrong on this occasion. Credit where it's due, that was a decent racing track without any dust. Not many places would be able to say that after 2 days of 30 degrees and a 5pm start. Very efficiently run as well, apart from guess the line-up in heat 7. How difficult is it to tell the punters (before riders are sitting at the tapes) that it's Bacon and not Hall coming out in this race "
  25. "Best to stick him at No.2 if he stays at least you know Harris has a good chance of sharing the Heat when Ostergaard runs last places for fun." The way Harris gates from 3 or 4 he'd be lucky to beat Ostrich on a fresh strip when the under fire skipper still isn't slow.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy