-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Sheffield V Peterborough 22/6/2017 7.30 Sgbcl
Crump99 replied to Blackadder's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
With nothing at stake, Holder does what he does regularly on lap 1 and comfortably stays there. Harris finds himself 4th as per usual and does what he has done for all his career, never give up and rides out as wide as the dirt and air fence allows to join his partner. As I said, good but standard stuff for us. Clearly it doesn't happen too often down your way. -
Rathbone wants to win and doesn't like losing money, that's a given I think. It isn't easy to find a successful formula I agree but the failings have been fairly obvious at the EoES for a decade but we never seem to learn the lessons so I wouldn't be quite as confident in the management team as you. Problem is it's not your team more often than not, it's what you can cobble together on the night all too often. It's depressing to be talking like this in June but we're only 15 points from a play-off place and our season is still alive according to Gavan
-
Sheffield V Peterborough 22/6/2017 7.30 Sgbcl
Crump99 replied to Blackadder's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Well it was ok but not jaw dropping as some posts indicated. The EoES regularly serves up those racess. I wonder who chose the gates last night? Get them the right way round when it doesn't matter -
2 days I think you mean.
-
Standard stuff with speedway generally though. Some tracks are not bad but most don't give out accurate or relevant information to their customers until the last minute. It's easier when it's going well but the panic has set in early this season. Panthers already need binoculars to see the play-offs. It's not been this bad since 2008.
-
Sheffield V Peterborough 22/6/2017 7.30 Sgbcl
Crump99 replied to Blackadder's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Who wants one league? I said what's the point of two leagues of similar standard. We clearly have big teams (of which we were one until Frost/Mahoney bailed out was the point) and the rest. -
Sheffield V Peterborough 22/6/2017 7.30 Sgbcl
Crump99 replied to Blackadder's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Perhaps not and who knows where the cost cutting will end? But in terms of status and importance the same still applies, restructure or not. There is no logic to two leagues of equal standard so you will always have an important one and a less important one, or one big league with some form of regionalisation in restructure2, the return of the restructure, -
Sheffield V Peterborough 22/6/2017 7.30 Sgbcl
Crump99 replied to Blackadder's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Oh yes, I remember that, we were in it once. -
Bugger me, never thought that I'd be pleased about that! Good to see that you knew what I was on about
-
Jeez, that means loud bloke on the mic, better bring me ear plugs!
-
With a bit of luck, which as been sadly lacking, and it bit of focus from the off instead of managerial platitudes, I think that they could surprise.
-
Think he said why crowds might be down in future which is due to lack of interest, more entertainment options and an already declining fan base. Panthers crowds have been fairly healthy this year but the calculator is out earlier this year was the point. Yes they have, at the moment, an outside chance of making the play-offs: good luck with selling that one until the cut offs. Yes 4 prizes and better than one but people are not stupid and the reality will be part of their thought process and times have changed from the old method days. As Bratley once said "I will never forget that the 2006 Grand Final, arguably the greatest modern day meeting ever, watched live by over 6000 people and by thousands more at home, was followed by a Craven Shield fixture attended by less than 700 people. If that Grand Final won’t pull people in, then what will?!?!" I didn't realise that the answer was the prospect of making 4th.
-
Peterborough V Scunthorpe Koc Qf 16th June
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
At least you're not shallow -
Same old? Don't know most or where they came from - most of the same old are nowhere to be seen these days. These are a new breed of second tier moaners The hardcore would turn up on the whole to keep the wheels ticking over but there are less of them nowdays, speedway isn't attracting new fans to replace those hardcore who no longer attend for whatever reason and people have many more options to spend there pennies on these days. With an "it was ok in the good old days" philosophy, the decline will continue until we're all NL.
-
I don't mind saying that I was wrong on this occasion. Credit where it's due, that was a decent racing track without any dust. Not many places would be able to say that after 2 days of 30 degrees and a 5pm start. Very efficiently run as well, apart from guess the line-up in heat 7. How difficult is it to tell the punters (before riders are sitting at the tapes) that it's Bacon and not Hall coming out in this race
-
Peterborough V Scunthorpe Koc Qf 16th June
Crump99 replied to bigcatdiary's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Not saying a great deal tbh. Only still in post because the rest of her party are incompetent and the Tories can't risk getting rid of her.