Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Crump99

Members
  • Posts

    6,021
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    18

Everything posted by Crump99

  1. We keep hearing that but anyone decent still wants to get fixed up in Poland on a Sunday each season. Why is that? If I wasn't getting paid or it was common knowledge that I wouldn't be then I'd steer well clear.
  2. And you've just arrived at that conclusion.
  3. The popular choice amongst the punters and management alike, allegedly. The problems were known. And would put numbers on the wage bill.
  4. No reason why he shouldn't and if your going to post concerns about the team riding elsewhere (if that is the point) then you're going to be a very busy boy.
  5. Thought that I was the negative one. Well the honeymoon period is certainly well and truly over, welcome to Peterborough Speedway Mr Rathbone
  6. I guess when they agreed it they thought that they'd be able to cover the problem, not expecting things to go pear shaped before the end of May. Bjerre's ok at the EoES if it is him.
  7. We had a team on our books in 2012. Everyone on the official forum when it was alive picked an EL winning team. The management team somehow contrived to give that team to Swindon, and the rest is history, not ours!! It was obvious that we didn't have any consistency in the 2017 side and everyone had to do a job every time. It only takes a minor problem to throw a supposed strength in depth team into a wobble; and guests, injuries etc etc are certainly problems these days. Panthers seem to have run over their own black cat in recent seasons and speedway generally is a mess.
  8. Apart from saying that we don't owe money and the bills are paid, I don't recall it being put in those terms. If that's the business model then expectations need to be lowered. We were told that that was the team they wanted and that we want to return to the big league under our own steam which is partly why we didn't move up as we could have. If you could afford it then I doubt that that's the team that you would have chosen because you'd really need luck and improvement for it to win any prizes.
  9. At the risk of repeating myself, I make that about 10 seasons. You start off with someone that you can rely on home and away to win races (and preferably 2 or 3 of such riders) and work around them. Fans make me laugh. The problems are obvious from the start everytime but everything's triffic with them until it invariably goes pear shaped and then they want root and branch changes.
  10. He's had to race against 3 in each heat though.
  11. Jeez, things must be bad if we're back to this level of discussion.
  12. Some Panthers followers. The problem is bigger than those two, who, looking at their scores, did more than enough. I'm not sure what people expected with a 6 man team containing r/r and two guests.
  13. "It is quite simply a case of Jason (Attwood) not being comfortable working within our structure where all members of the management team have an input on team affairs."
  14. Given the injury, and anyone who's had damage there knows how painful it can be and how difficult breathing they can be with it, I could have seen him really struggling on a deep heavy EoES circuit last night. I think the wording of being optimistic and KH attempting to ride shows that in an ideal world he'd not have contemplated it at all last night. Fortunately he didn't have to.
  15. Met office was all over the place all day, but initially it was rain until lunch and then fine until about 8pm when there might be some showers. It was not forecast to keep raining as it did on and off all day (in fact late afternoon the met office just somehow showed white cloud). Given the amount of rain on Wednesday and the forecast from late Thursday then it was highly unlikely to be on. You can give out all the dry track and we ain't had no rain messages you want but I can't remember the last time I turned up to a Peterborough rain off.
  16. Tried to give the benefit but never really convinced. Didn't help that they can't forecast the weather for a 12 hour period!
  17. Well if he does ride (as reported that he is) then a grippy track will cetainly test any injury. Forecast clear now so shouldn't be any problems with this meeting completing.
  18. Puddles outside so it'll have had a nice top up from Wednesday. Not too much forecast today but the damage might have been done. Or perhaps not so watch this space. Never use it. It'd help if the official website had up to date news. Thanks anyway. Still not convincedmyself but time will tell.
  19. Where does it say that. I read optimistic, and with speedway news that means anything. Given that he isn't 100% anyway and has a new fracture I'd like it to say what you've posted to come to that conclusion.
  20. It's fine for much of the day. If parking is on the hard standing and they can get on track early enough then it should be ok.
  21. Not really. It's his choice how he runs it and who with. Frost realised too late that he'd been going to a dead end year on year. Hopefully Rathbone doesn't follow suit.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy