-
Posts
6,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
18
Everything posted by Crump99
-
Peterborough don't come up with a date, the EoES do. If it's the whole weekend then I'd not be surprised if that's where the problem could be.
-
Too dull up north, I'm going to do the southern trip - oh hang on
-
Craig Saul been doing it for years at Peterborough. Riders used to be introduced as such and the have their own tune which was used during their victory lap. Always worked well but the presentation is mostly inconsistent and dull these days so it could be worth doing again? Better than telling us what we've just seen as they pass the chequered flag, or another tedious invisible pit interview.
-
Vic Flange lives
-
He's deluded and you've got a season ticket sales keyboard ie. it registers a much bigger number than reality.
-
Being covered by the SNP allegedly: We're on the march wi' Sturgeon's Army We're going tae stay in the Eurozone And we'll really shake them up When we really knacker it up Cause Scotland no longer wants to be part of the GB team.
-
Because even if I assumed that I knew the answer to some extent then it's good to get a confirmation, which never came BTW but some other mind readers jumped on the case to help you out. I don't know what an EL snob is tbh but I'm sure that you know the answer so I'll not ask. It's true that I did like the EL from 1999-2013 and the anticipation of that top level evening action (not always I grant you) show during that time. I no longer get that same buzz from Panthers or domestic speedway these days but it'll no doubt all continue at a sustainable level and bottom out at some future point. You're happy with whatever, I'll pick and choose and mourn for the good old days.
-
And you had to edit that. It must have made sense first time round.
-
Did he? Was running a club on top of Readypower not a massive commitment for Rick and Julie? They probably didn't have the time (in fact did say as much) but put their money where their mouth is which somewhat unfortunately often disengaged them from the paying public and willing volunteers. I'd say that we were very fortunate to have them and it was a shame that they didn't employ someone like Rathbone to bridge the supporter, management gap. Although Swales was on the management team so what input did he have? We then probably wouldn't be having this discussion if Frost & Mahoney had the right people in post (both on and off track) but they got that bit wrong from the start. But we are where we are, too late now. I will agree that Rathbone has steadied the ship and continues to do a good job. Hopefully he'll also get the silverware his efforts deserve.
-
Why?
-
I wouldn't call that a step back or less active roll.
-
Never thought that I'd prefer Peter "in joke" York but at least he was visible and didn't continually pop out of the ether with another pit interview. Some can be interesting but generally it's just a noise. That's not Saul specific tbh because his standins are often worse!
-
I think that's all a bigger ask than my wish list
-
Depends what your definition of year is and what's our future ambition? Success for me would be a return to the more important (as it stands ATM, without the 2017 AGM to take place and knacker things up) and relevant southern section. Looks like a big ask if the title and promotion play-off success is the solution.
-
With the thread about to drop off the page (until now) my guess would be the second option.
-
Championship Teams Comparison Time
Crump99 replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
That was the one of the few upsides of lower level speedway: losing brum from our, or any come to that, threads. He's like my dog, will always come back for the last bark. -
Championship Teams Comparison Time
Crump99 replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Thought that was stevebrum. -
Championship Teams Comparison Time
Crump99 replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
It may have morphed into that in what you saw but the facts are right. As for the spelling, it's not a phrase we use down our way too often due to the brick houses, but you obviously use it a lot getting supplies at your local DIY. I didn't take much notice with a quick c&p at near 11pm. However, the correct facts and spelling: [4th Yorkshireman:] Well, when I say ‘house’ it was only a hole in the ground covered by a sheet of tarpaulin, but it was a house to us. [2nd Yorkshireman:] We were evicted from our hole in the ground; we ‘ad to go and live in a lake. [3rd Yorkshireman:] You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in the shoebox in the middle of the road. [1st Yorkshireman:] Cardboard box? [3rd Yorkshireman:] Aye. [1st Yorkshireman:] You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank (that's Taps' house next to your hole in the ground). And back on topic, can't say that the northern championship interests me too much. I think Panthers made the wrong choice, and given the southern bias and weakening of what was the EL I'd have prefered that re-badged model. However, Rathbone and Swales thought different, so be it! -
Championship Teams Comparison Time
Crump99 replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Oh, and how could we forget you May the Yuletide log slip from your fire and burn your house down (Well when I say 'house' it was only a hole in the ground covered by a piece of tarpolin, but it was a house to baldyman). -
Championship Teams Comparison Time
Crump99 replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
Indeed. And Season's Greetings to you Taps: I trust Christmas brings to you its traditional mix of good food and violent stomach cramp. -
Championship Teams Comparison Time
Crump99 replied to balderdash&piffle's topic in SGB Championship League Speedway
-
Neither has he but in the current climate he should keep his other hobbies to himself.
-
Grab a chair and some popcorn!
-
Depends how long you've been going. If it's 20 years then yes I'm surprised that you're surprised.
-
Or PE7Panther in this case.