Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

RPNY

Members
  • Posts

    1,429
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RPNY

  1. Thank you Shads. Im hoping BMR know what they are doing with the Stadium and the team. The crowds seem to be healthy at the moment, be a crying shame if they let that slip.
  2. Well as we enter the halfway stage I have to say this is as good a GP series as I can Remember. They messed up the track for round 1, a shame as have seen some cracking GPs there in the past. Anyway since then its been unreal racing in the following rounds. I guess it's easy. Put the best riders on well prepared tracks and the racing will be great. Crowds look like they are good at every event thus far, the racing has been out of this world and its so competitive its borderline impossible to pick a winner in a race let alone an entire GP. Even Lindback who's bottom of the pile isn't riding badly. Interesting to see if Dudek can hold out down the stretch. Will Woffinden, Hancock, Holder be able to come good in the 2nd half of the season. Will Lindgren, Vaculik tail off... So many possibilities.. One Gripe, Poland shouldn't have 3 rounds. UK could easily have a 2nd round in Manchester.
  3. Why no A Laguta for Russia, any idea? I cant comment on the GB team, its too painful for me...
  4. It was still a pretty decent crowd I bet they weren't too upset with that at all. Must have been 10k there. Not too shabby. The Danes performing so badly this year certainly would not have helped tho. I for one really hope Horsens stays in the SGP calendar. Cool little stadium, served up 3 belting GPS thus far. Id say with current old guard although off form at moment still all more than capable on their day & Madsen (very underrated IMO) Jepsen Jensen, Thomsen & a few others the Danes are not a spent force just yet.
  5. How do we all asses our first season in the op flight? From looking at the results and watching a fair few clips on youtube looks like its been preety good thus far. Would be better with an outright #1 of course. But on the whole seems ok.
  6. I can only imagine that the GP Challenge was put in Russia with the hope of more Russian presence in the GPs next year. It's a logistical nightmare staging a meeting there!
  7. Still shocked G Laguta wasnt chosen. I assumed this track was picked as a venue for that very reason
  8. Why on earth hasn't G Laguta been given a Wild Card?!!!
  9. I think Hampel knocked out 21 in Stockholm 1 year.
  10. Both Laguta's likely to be given the final 2 spots I guess. On that track could easily finish 1st and 2nd.
  11. My money is on robert72 Just kidding Rob...
  12. Do you not think the BF is weaker without him? Insanity he wasnt seeded.
  13. Ha, I gotta agree with you. I know he takes a lot of stick on here, but I always thought Yorkie was great, I'm guessing like yourself it was youth and associating his voice with the big speedway occasions.
  14. If you are using that argument, you can argue Scunthorpe/Rye shoulda got money from Wolves. But anyway that has nothing to do with Tai and everything to do with how an antiquated system hasnt been adjusted for modern climate. Star Lady I will respectfully disagree with you on this one. It is madness that Lambert isnt in and riders like Schlien, Robbo, Bridger (I am a fan of all 3 by the way) are. Certain riders should be seeded based on form. Better for everyone involved.
  15. I was a happy clapper when Beckham was at Real Madrid too. Oh well. And just to back up my claim that the BSPA are not the sharpest, I see Robert Lambert - by FAR our brightest prospect isn't in the British Final. Rory Schlein is tho. Top work guys...
  16. Ok well he hasn't ridden in UK for a few years now, he didn't ride in the BF last year, hes not representing GB because we are run by amateurs. Just because you don't like him, doesn't mean he wont get a fantastic reception.
  17. He has the last 5 years so why would this be any different.
  18. Hes multiple British & World Champion. He's one of a minority of people in this world who actually loves what he does for a living. He gets cheered on by 10's of thousands every Sunday in Poland and will be given a hero's reception by about 40k people in Cardiff next month. In Short, I don't think he cares about Rob's opinion of him...
  19. Been great GPs every year at that venue, hoping its the same again this year.
  20. By the end of the season I bet there are 2 or 3 riders that haven't been cutting the mustard in this GP series and the thought of 3 new fresh faces coming in will be great. Also, you never know who may have a dip or surge in form. I bet there arent many who thought Hancock and Lindgren would be where they are in the standings right now! Really hope Cook makes it through, its his best chance this year. Tough out in Russia but we live in hope!
  21. I've heard a few stories over the years but just couldn't see it myself. I Remember when Plymouth were at Rye a few years back he was straight over to the fans that had made the Journey up after the meeting, sat and spoke to them for ages, was holding the gate open for the older guys as they left, just seemed a thoroughly decent bloke. But he's obviously put a few noses out of place over the years!
  22. Woffinden dicussions getting boring now lets not let it ruin this thread too. Done Warsaw & couple in Torun, both excellent but for the atmosphere and grandness, Warsaw really does take some beating. The last 2 years there have just been something else. Cardiff will always be special to me, gutted I'm missing it this year. But Warsaw really does rival it now.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy