-
Posts
1,429 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by RPNY
-
Play Offs Should They Be Scrapped.?
RPNY replied to stratton's topic in Speedway News and Discussions
Now living in the states I do see the value of the play offs. It creates a great end to the season. Much better then when a team clinches the league with X amount of matches to go. Yes it can be frustrating if you've topped the league all year but it's all about peaking at the right time. Everyone knows the rules going into the season, there are advantages given as a reward for finishing top, the fans love it (certainly most as shown my live and TV audiences) the riders love it, clubs make money, I really see zero down side to having the play offs. -
I think and very much hope Melbourne is a mega success. ONLY worry is that all the medal positions and top 8 are pretty much sewn up.
-
-
Valid points but not really any solutions or positive ideas on how to move forward. Plus I have never once heard BSI rant and rave or even comment for that matter that the SGP has been this "wonderful success story." They are always upbeat and try to sell any new venue they are headed to but would you expect anything else? Next year I'd like to see 5 'prestige' venues and 5 held at regular speedway tracks. If they can nail Warsaw (that will need some serious PR work) Cardiff, Stockholm, Horsens and Melbourne that would be pretty dam good for riders and fans alike. I do think it is unfair that Poland gets 3 GPs but I guess it comes done to money at the end of the day. Plus Torun and Gorzow are belting tracks. Would personally like to Warsaw, Prague, Mallila, Gorzow, Cardiff, Horsens, Stockholm, Krsko, Torun, Melbourne next year. Latvia, Finland, Italy, pointless having GPs there at the moment IMO.
-
Only thing that worries me in the GPs is track prep and rider power. Otherwise think things are going well. After the first 2 horror show GPs this year, it's been a belting series.
-
2016 Speedway Rumour Mill In Full Swing!
RPNY replied to Shale Searcher's topic in Speedway News and Discussions
Belle Vue Aces Coventry Bees King's Lynn Stars Lakeside Hammers Leicester Lions Poole Pirates Swindon Robins Wolverhampton Wolves With Kent Rye added would be nice! -
Since Warsaw (which I spent a lot of time and money getting to) they have made 3 perfect temp tracks. Warsaw was an almighty **** up and one I still cannot believe was made in Poland of all places. However still say the big city and big stadium GPs are the right way to go. I'v been to Cardiff Stockholm (Olympic and Friends) Copenhagen and also Wroclaw, Krsko, Lonigo and I for one can tell you it's much more enjoyable being in a brand new stadium in a big city. Places like Torun are a perfect medium, but unfortunately there arent so many of them about,
-
Humphrey where do you recommend the GPs are staged then? And I'm not trying to be a smart 4rse, genuine question. And btw, Stockholm GPs have been ok from what I saw and Ive been to all 3. Not Massive but pretty good.
-
Jimmy Nilsen, The Viking from Hell?!!! Never!!! hahaha
-
Well I agree, most will agree. Angry people on here won't agree...
-
The venues are chosen, the fans turn up if they want to, they are not made to go. So what is the gripe people have?
-
The temp tracks have thrown up some brilliant meetings. I can remember Gelsenkirchen (the year it actually run) being boring and some of the Gothenburg GPs have been pretty bland but I can also remember plenty of GPs on revered permanent tracks being mundane. (and plenty of World Final's for that matter) The temp tracks are getting better and better. Cardiff this year there was good racing, Stockholm was good (2nd half in particular) Horsens was excellent. What more do people on here really want?
-
2016 Sgp Swc Calendar & Info's
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Ha thats good enough mate! Phil has there ever been talk of more qualifying spots and less seeds? -
2016 Sgp Swc Calendar & Info's
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Always happy to help out a fellow East Londoner! I actually wish they would go back to the old way of qualifying. Top 8 qualify for the next season, bottom 8 go into GP Challenge with 8 qualifiers, top 7 qualify for the next season. Seems stupidly fair and logical to me! -
2016 Sgp Swc Calendar & Info's
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
I believe in 1995 it was top 10 from 94 World Final, then Havelock, Ermolenko, Smith, Gollob & Mikael Max seeded and Hamill & Peter Karlsson as reseves https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Speedway_Grand_Prix -
2016 Sgp Swc Calendar & Info's
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Only 15 riders plus the wild card in the meeting but 2 Permanent reserves for the series. Rider who came 15th was dropped out and replaced by the 1st reserve in the following GP Billy Hamill was 1st reserve for Wroclaw 1995. Came in after Tommy Knudsen was injured and scored enough points to stay in the series proper. -
Stockholm Gp September 26
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Enough about Tai. Different thread this is about Stockholm GP. -
Stockholm Gp September 26
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Yes they are quite expensive. But at the same time at least they are easier to get to then those GPs that are pretty much in middle of nowhere. Parken was a great stadium, Friends arena certainly is a belting stadium, if they could just get a Swede rider somewhere near the top end of the leader board it'd help out so much. -
Stockholm Gp September 26
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
The Section right on top of the start/finish line (the most expensive or VIP any other GP) was completely empty.Madness in my opinion. Couldn't understand that at all. With regards to the atmosphere/noise, the races the at Aj, Toniho and THJ won it went noticeably (and of course understandably) lively. The simple matter is if there is a Swede doing well the crowd will be bigger and the atmosphere will be better. However on the whole, good GP, lots of fun, slickly presented and I'd def go again. -
Stockholm Gp September 26
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Anyway on a lighter note I went to all 3 Friends Arena Gps 2013 was very good Last year was a bit bland This year was pretty good, got better better after about heat 10 Any news on if there Will be another GP there? -
Stockholm Gp September 26
RPNY replied to DutchGrasstrack's topic in Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup
Decent GP that got better as it went on Great city, great stadium, such a shame TRik was too early to race there. -
Oh my word we have a winner ladies and gentleman Thats a belter hahahaha
-
Correct as was the case with the old British league riders Championship
-
Dont think he will boss, just a pipe dream..
-
1 rider doesnt and that is because he's had his hand forced. What cities dont want to stage a GP (Im not asking that being an arse, genuine question mate)