Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

screm

Members
  • Posts

    13,923
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    57

Everything posted by screm

  1. Newman had x-rays last night that showed no break to his leg, however because of swelling some of the x-rays were unclear so he will have more x-rays today.
  2. I`m sure that's true but my answer was about Mr Doolan and his possible lack of prep for this season.
  3. He has signed for Gniezno in Poland but hasn't yet featured and the Czech league has yet to start, so track time has been limited to this country where of course Berwick have already lost two meetings to the weather. His scoring has not been anything to write home about so far, but he is capable of more, hopefully that will happen soon.
  4. Didn't Glasgow hit the financial buffers after their great season in 2011.
  5. Didn't Worrall asked to be stood down from the Newcastle team, so he could go NL to rebuild his confidence. Looks like that's exactly what's happened, all credit to him for taking one step back to take two forward.
  6. It might come out bit by bit as the respective organisations put forward their riders, if anything is announced at Berwicks home meetings I will post on here.
  7. Giving what Edinburgh did to Workington over last weekend it goes to show our performance against the Monarch`s wasn't that bad. We`ve beaten Glasgow, and Redcar so far, Redcar now sit top of their group, this weekend might be more of a gauge as to where we are with home and away fixtures against Workington.
  8. Water off a ducks back brother. I agree, Hansen would've been a decent signing, especially if he was in the kind of form he has shown for Coventry so far this season. Maybe Berwick held talks, maybe they didn't, truth is Hansen went to Coventry and Berwick moved on to other riders. Maybe a move in the team might produce the goods for Kus, Bellego to two with Kus to four, though traditionally the No2 position hasn't always been the most popular.
  9. Harris has been to Berwick many times, I`m sure he is very happy with the change of venue, I think he will qualify for the next round without to many problems.
  10. Maybe so, and you could probably say the same about Dimitri Berge, but we didn't so lets move on.
  11. He will never be World Champ, that doesn't mean to say he cant or shouldn't be in the GPs.
  12. That's total rubbish, I`m not his biggest fan but even I would admit that Harris is one of the top GB boys, remember Berwick isn't the only qualifier, for example Ritchie Worrall has been nominated for the round at Abensburg and I think Danny King has been nominated for one of the others.
  13. One gets the feeling that the Newcastle promotion have had a word with their riders.
  14. Agree with you that so far Doolan has been poor, but I stick to what I posted earlier. It has to be hoped that you are right and there`s an up turn in his performances once he ups his race fitness.
  15. And you know what they say about men with big feet.........big shoes.
  16. As far as I'm aware Doolan is a professional rider, he doesn't have employment outside speedway, therefore IMO he had all winter to get himself fit with gym work and ample time to get track time at Leicester, Scunthorpe or Northside when they had track days. Take his teammate Mr Vissing, its well known he hired a track to get in the required practice, and it shows with the start he has made to the season.
  17. Meaning as a professional sportsman he was under prepared for the start of the season.
  18. Rain at Ibrox now, and its not tears from the Aberdeen fans.
  19. I was up in Edinburgh this morning picking up a new car, it was raining there so I`m not entirely surprised.
  20. Chris Harris and Craig Cook have been nominated by the BSPA, with Jason Doyle coming in to represent Australia.
  21. Lets face it, this St Johann place is obviously a two bit stadium & track that struggles to hold big meetings, the FIM need a stadium & track they know can comfortably stage big meetings and make a good job of it, Berwick is that place, its a no-brainer really. I don't know why the FIM just didn't go for Shielfield in the first place.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy