Robinh88 Posted Wednesday at 10:38 PM Report Share Posted Wednesday at 10:38 PM 10 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: What would Nagel return on, out of curiosity? He wont so no point! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nagy1 Posted Thursday at 07:47 AM Report Share Posted Thursday at 07:47 AM From my various sources we have already signed 9 riders, inclusive of 5 heat leaders. I am sure there are more to come 😂 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LisaColette Posted Thursday at 08:51 AM Report Share Posted Thursday at 08:51 AM 10 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said: So are they going to scrap fixed race nights? Glasgow and Poole aren't going to move up if it's a Monday or Thursday. Also if Poland say riders can only ride in Poland plus 1 league where does that leave the riders doubling up in the UK? I think thanks to Poland, Poole could get away with riding on Weds in the Prem as all the good Danes will do Poland and Denmark. Not sure if Glasgow would want to change race nights though? They will have to choose between Poland and doubling up or ride in Polish 3rd division and no higher! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
King Jamie Posted Saturday at 07:56 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 07:56 AM On 9/23/2026 at 9:52 AM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: I imagine you’re correct, but from what I recall, Allied Vehicles turnover £350M+ and generate £10M+ profit per annum On 9/23/2026 at 11:24 PM, gmarsbar2 said: Also if Poland say riders can only ride in Poland plus 1 league where does that leave the riders doubling up in the UK? Perhaps Allied Vehicles could take over Polish speedway and bin any such proposed rule changes. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Beirao Posted Saturday at 08:30 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 08:30 AM On 9/23/2026 at 11:24 PM, gmarsbar2 said: So are they going to scrap fixed race nights? Glasgow and Poole aren't going to move up if it's a Monday or Thursday. Also if Poland say riders can only ride in Poland plus 1 league where does that leave the riders doubling up in the UK? Only affects riders racing in the top two Polish divisions with quite a few riding in tier three and not subject to the embargo. Without checking I think only D Thompson, Rowe and McDiarmid are likely to miss out on doubling up next year Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted Saturday at 09:58 AM Author Report Share Posted Saturday at 09:58 AM Last night emphasised the need for big changes next season. A really poor contribution from Flint when we needed him most, but I think he’ll be back alongside Hodder. Don’t rate KJP, or any rider who simply follows the leader (or whoever is ahead of him) when he doesn’t gate. He reminds me of Jason Edwards; you can tell after one lap, he’s never passing whoever is in front of him. Factor in the outlay for bringing him and Hausl over (visa or work permit, transport, accommodation, allowances, etc.) and it’s been nowhere near worth it. If we never see Hagon and Hausl in a Tigers colours again, it’ll be too soon. Not sure about Harris, but I get the feeling his time at Ashfield is up. One too many really poor performances this season IMO. I love him, but I still can’t believe his and Flint’s performances in the first leg. That killed us. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Noelinho Posted Saturday at 10:35 AM Report Share Posted Saturday at 10:35 AM 35 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: Last night emphasised the need for big changes next season. A really poor contribution from Flint when we needed him most, but I think he’ll be back alongside Hodder. Don’t rate KJP, or any rider who simply follows the leader (or whoever is ahead of him) when he doesn’t gate. He reminds me of Jason Edwards; you can tell after one lap, he’s never passing whoever is in front of him. Factor in the outlay for bringing him and Hausl over (visa or work permit, transport, accommodation, allowances, etc.) and it’s been nowhere near worth it. If we never see Hagon and Hausl in a Tigers colours again, it’ll be too soon. Not sure about Harris, but I get the feeling his time at Ashfield is up. One too many really poor performances this season IMO. I love him, but I still can’t believe his and Flint’s performances in the first leg. That killed us. Sounds like you’re basically sacking the whole team, so who do you want? 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted Saturday at 10:47 AM Author Report Share Posted Saturday at 10:47 AM 9 minutes ago, Noelinho said: Sounds like you’re basically sacking the whole team, so who do you want? “Sacking” might be a harsh description, but as I said; I think big changes are needed. The Facenna’s have invested far too much into the club for us to fall short like we did across last night and the first leg. In terms of who I want, I think Zischke and Morris would be good additions. Other than that, I’m not sure. I’d have liked Battye, but he’s committed to Berwick. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stuntdouble Posted Saturday at 09:24 PM Report Share Posted Saturday at 09:24 PM 10 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: “Sacking” might be a harsh description, but as I said; I think big changes are needed. The Facenna’s have invested far too much into the club for us to fall short like we did across last night and the first leg. In terms of who I want, I think Zischke and Morris would be good additions. Other than that, I’m not sure. I’d have liked Battye, but he’s committed to Berwick. Not getting morris either . Announced tonight he has signed for Berwick for next season . 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted yesterday at 02:20 PM Author Report Share Posted yesterday at 02:20 PM 16 hours ago, Stuntdouble said: Not getting morris either . Announced tonight he has signed for Berwick for next season . Just saw that. Gutted, to be honest. A huge scalp for the Bandits, retaining him. Given his performance on Friday night, Rowe might be in the mix. Not sold on that though. Great on Friday night and a Pairs champion, but remember how poor he was at Ashfield for Oxford and in the play-off final last season. Had a look at his scores throughout this season and he’s been okay; nothing special. I wouldn’t be against a big, statement signing, like a Masters or even a Pickering. Creates a challenge with the points limit, but our key riders felt short when it mattered this season; a statement signing addresses that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fromafar Posted yesterday at 02:28 PM Report Share Posted yesterday at 02:28 PM (edited) 12 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: Just saw that. Gutted, to be honest. A huge scalp for the Bandits, retaining him. Given his performance on Friday night, Rowe might be in the mix. Not sold on that though. Great on Friday night and a Pairs champion, but remember how poor he was at Ashfield for Oxford and in the play-off final last season. Had a look at his scores throughout this season and he’s been okay; nothing special. I wouldn’t be against a big, statement signing, like a Masters or even a Pickering. Creates a challenge with the points limit, but our key riders felt short when it mattered this season; a statement signing addresses that. Pickering is about the only rider in League not “looking after “his average.which probably means he’s not doing Championship next season.IMO Edited yesterday at 02:33 PM by Fromafar 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nagy1 Posted 23 hours ago Report Share Posted 23 hours ago Think I am in the minority regarding Mario. If he is at Ashfield every other week he will do very well(2H 2A is a must). I’d have a punt on him next year. If you start the year with Mario and a Vinnie Foord type at reserve you’ll do ok. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fromafar Posted 23 hours ago Report Share Posted 23 hours ago 2 minutes ago, nagy1 said: Think I am in the minority regarding Mario. If he is at Ashfield every other week he will do very well(2H 2A is a must). I’d have a punt on him next year. If you start the year with Mario and a Vinnie Foord type at reserve you’ll do ok. Do think lack off meetings and track time doesn’t help new foreign riders. 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
nagy1 Posted 23 hours ago Report Share Posted 23 hours ago 3 minutes ago, Fromafar said: Do think lack off meetings and track time doesn’t help new foreign riders. It doesn’t help young home grown riders either. the ideal scenario would be Glasgow put out a junior team. When Ace went to Redcar and ride for both teams he improved vastly. I know Mario wouldn’t qualify for this, but if we had a team in that league headed by Hodder and Hagon it would have helped them no end. 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WookieboyDon Posted 7 hours ago Report Share Posted 7 hours ago I think with the way Rowe was auditioning for a team place last Friday, especially with him waving and playing to the crowd after his three wins like he had been there all season, it wouldn't surprise me to see him in red next year. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted 6 hours ago Author Report Share Posted 6 hours ago Does anyone have any idea why he (Rowe) was doing a bit of gardening at the start line after the victory parade? I think it was Harris who was being interviewed while the other riders stood around; meanwhile Rowe is kicking the dirt on the first gate. We passed a guy with a pint in his hand shouting “Anders, the meetings finished mate! We’re out! You can’t stop digging!”😂 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Weeyin Posted 6 hours ago Report Share Posted 6 hours ago (edited) 19 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said: Just saw that. Gutted, to be honest. A huge scalp for the Bandits, retaining him. Given his performance on Friday night, Rowe might be in the mix. Not sold on that though. Great on Friday night and a Pairs champion, but remember how poor he was at Ashfield for Oxford and in the play-off final last season. Had a look at his scores throughout this season and he’s been okay; nothing special. I wouldn’t be against a big, statement signing, like a Masters or even a Pickering. Creates a challenge with the points limit, but our key riders felt short when it mattered this season; a statement signing addresses that. Are you for real ! Pickering and Masters would never ride for us, they still have that Edinburgh attitude against us. Masters has been asked numerous times to guest and refused. First think Pickering did after qualifying for the final was post on Edinburgh thread saying FTW Edited 6 hours ago by Weeyin Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheWellBehavedWorrall Posted 6 hours ago Author Report Share Posted 6 hours ago 1 minute ago, Weeyin said: Are you for real ! Pickering and Masters would never ride for us, they still have that Edinburgh attitude against us. Masters has been asked numerous times to guest and refused 😂 I actually wish you were correct because it would mean speedway had a degree of loyalty and passion, but I’m afraid I very much doubt it. If Pickering or Masters were paid enough, they’d be in Tigers’ colours next season. A speedway riders’ career is far too short and nowhere near remunerative enough to hold fantasy grudges over rivals of former clubs. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Noelinho Posted 5 hours ago Report Share Posted 5 hours ago Which perhaps tells you that Glasgow don't pay the megabucks some people think they do - otherwise they'd be taking it! 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
szkocjasid Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 4 hours ago, Weeyin said: Are you for real ! Pickering and Masters would never ride for us, they still have that Edinburgh attitude against us. Masters has been asked numerous times to guest and refused. First think Pickering did after qualifying for the final was post on Edinburgh thread saying FTW When's the last time Pickering or Masters had an average low enough to guest for Glasgow? 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.