British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

SCB, agree with pretty much all of that, Barker is in the side on merit and is definitely the right choice, and the fact that he is riding PL is neither here nor there for me......he's not missing many Brum meetings because of it and the big scores for Plymouth can only be doing him good. However the last bit about Stead is a little unfair, I don't blame him for turning down his eventual British Final spot after the way he was treated initially. As usual it was shown that if your face fits you're ok.

Tonights commentary was terrible. Almost as bad as the Aussie team managing!

I'm generally quite supportive of the Sky commentary teams but one thing that irritated me last night was that every time Pearson went a bit off topic (Jan O Pedersen's comeback, Bradford's track) Tatum makes one comment and then instead of expanding the discussion says something along the lines of " Bjarne Pedersen has his hands full in this next race". Now it might be that he has a producer telling him to bring the discussion back to the meeting in hand, but I would rather hear them talking about the sport in general than banging on about being in "joker territory".

Typical Vojens fare last night - a smattering of good races interspersed with the normal gating competition. Surprised more wasn't made of the massive bias afforded gate 1.

It's just awful commentary surely there must be better sky could offer us. If we all thought tonight was bad wait until Monday when there banging on and on and I rekon Pearson will give it at least 3 woffy woffy woffy's during the meeting, and of course there be Charlie Webster asking her usaul pointless questions

"I tell you what - there's absolutely no doubt about that!"

Commentary and Sky presentation was as expected, as was the Vojens track and the racing, which would have proved a lot poorer without the Antipodean Tyro.

Evrything will be crossed hoping that the Boys go straight through on Monday night, as I'd really fear for them up against Sweden and Australia in the play off.

Also I trust that no one tampers with Boycies programme in the play offs, underhand Scandinavians!! :nono:

Boycey did leave his joker a bit late - his move in Heat 11 should have been Holder as a joker.

That said had Holder won Heat 23 (which he intially led) and the Aussies won, then everyone would be hailing him as a tactical genius (as when Cieslak almost left it too late in the 2009 final, but then got lucky at the end!). How fickle we are! :lol:

All the best

Rob

Re the SKY commentary, just HOW MANY times did they mention Darcy?? OTT or what!!

Re the aussies, a lil bit of over confidence maybe in joker territory .....

Well done the danes, especially Mads, what a year he is having, everywhere!!

I don't understand why people get so irate with the commentary. I enjoy it, they make mistakes but all commentators do. I'm just happy to watch Speedway on sky.

Boycey did leave his joker a bit late - his move in Heat 11 should have been Holder as a joker.

That said had Holder won Heat 23 (which he intially led) and the Aussies won, then everyone would be hailing him as a tactical genius (as when Cieslak almost left it too late in the 2009 final, but then got lucky at the end!). How fickle we are! :lol:

I don't think so. All you have to do with a joker is get 3 extra points. You can't do any better than that, there's no point in delaying on the off-chance you might get another shot at it. Handed an obvious free gift chance with Holder the first time, he didn't do it.

He is totally clueless.

Well after that , it's onto Kings Lynn . With Russia now badly understrength and the Czechs not really up to it , it's down to either Team GB or Poland . The outcome will really depend on whether the Poles want a run-out at Gorzow on Thursday or not . The race-off is also usually poorly attended without the home country , so that might have a bearing as well .

The outcome will really depend on whether the Poles want a run-out at Gorzow on Thursday or not . The race-off is also usually poorly attended without the home country , so that might have a bearing as well .

It's under a fiver to get into Gorzow on Thursday, so i dont think they're expecting the Poles to be riding.

Agree with the tactical mishaps comments about Boyce. Can anyone tell me though how they work out the gate positions? The Aussies had 4 gate 2s out of the first 5 heats (7 out of the first 15) and then no others after heat 15. Seems a bit strange?

Edited by Ace no.5

If we were all watching last nights world cup 'live' on sky how did Greg Hancock post the result on twitter 30 minutes before sky showed the last heat?

I don't understand why people get so irate with the commentary. I enjoy it, they make mistakes but all commentators do. I'm just happy to watch Speedway on sky.

Agree, chill out guys.

I don't think so. All you have to do with a joker is get 3 extra points. You can't do any better than that, there's no point in delaying on the off-chance you might get another shot at it. Handed an obvious free gift chance with Holder the first time, he didn't do it.

He is totally clueless.

AS, I agree with that you're saying. But remember Cieslak messed things up in 2009, yet was hailed as sort some of tactical genius after he got another lucky chance to use Hampel in Heat 23.

All the best

Rob