British Speedway Forum

I can't see MB putting a team like this out.

This team very good on paper, I would still give Mark Simmons a ride if fit.

Get this coming week over first,See what comes out of the meetings. :rolleyes:

Well Mr Bowden remains at the helm for 2012 and has confirmed that Ben Barker has agreed to return to the club for 2012. Sadly for some unknown reason he's also signed Brent Werner :(

CAnt work out why Brent Werner has decided to ride again

:nono:

I cannot work out why anyone would want to sign him to ride for their club.

'Cos he comes cheap I suppose ? Why drag someone out of retirement when there are lots of riders still available ? More young blood needed, not a shade of ones former self IMO.

Does anyone know what averages Nicki Glanz and Brent Werner line up for Plymouth on?

You better hope Werner is about -5.00 :rofl:

werner was not on a good average the last time he rode so will maybe come in a little lower cant remember who he rode for last maybe somerset

in his day he was a good rider but unless hes got the bug back cant see him setting the speedway world alight

it is possible that he may get a assesed average due to being american but hes got a british wife if im not mistaken so may not need a work permit

may turn out to be a little bit of gold for the devils.

CAnt work out why Brent Werner has decided to ride again

:nono:

IMO this is the signing of this close season,and for all the wrong reasons.I thought Plymouth mightve learned from the Seemond Stephens experience last year,but it appears not.

cant believe nobody has mentioned the disgraceful way gary spiller was pushed aside as team manager yet, honestly who in this day and age writes a letter and sends it by snail mail. is there anyone in plymouth that could teach mike bowden how to send an e-mail or buy him a mobile.

If this is true I feel for the Devils fans, Werner's last good season was in the title winning Rye side in 2005, that's 7 seasons ago come March, since then he has been going downhill. He'll be on a 5 point something figure but I can't see him getting anywhere near that. When is Neil Collins signing up?

Werner last rode in 2010. He only did 4 meetings for Somerset.

In 2009 he rode in 17 meetings for Newport and attained a 5.83 average.

cant believe nobody has mentioned the disgraceful way gary spiller was pushed aside as team manager yet, honestly who in this day and age writes a letter and sends it by snail mail. is there anyone in plymouth that could teach mike bowden how to send an e-mail or buy him a mobile.

Nothing surprises me with what happens at Plymouth, with the exception that MB is still allowed to be the promoter. :shock:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Werner is a bizarre signing. I suppose there is a small possibility that he might actually improve on that six point (or so) average, but the likelihood is anything but. Worse still, it won't inspire a single person down in the south west or create the excitement for the forthcoming season that every fan needs.

The sadness is it almost completely destroys the terrific news about Barker returning.

Edited by Halifaxtiger