British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick V Redcar Koc 13 Apr @ 7pm

Only one meeting... plenty more battles yet. Ricky will get back in amongst them and take us on too greater glories...

Whatever happened to Matej Kus?

The subject of Matej is complicated. It appears to be a psychological issue. All we can do, is hope he can put it behind him and get back to his best. Only time will tell, but I do hope he comes around.

Well done to Redcar fully deserved their win . Berwicks' middle order is looking a bit toothless ATM and is giving up too many soft points .

Edited by millen

I am by no means an expert in track preparation, but I think it is plain to see that it is not in the best of shape at the moment.

After the 1st and 2nd bends, the riders settle in and generally follow each other round for three and a half laps. Overtaking has been at a premium not only at the start of this year but also the end of last year. And no amount of smoke machines, quality burgers or updated music can disguise the fact that the track at Shielfield does not lend itself well to "racing".

Tonight in isolation after the 1st and 2nd bend I think there were two passes (please correct me of I am wrong). Again, purely observational but the riders were trying to make moves but for whatever reason as soon as they left our only racing line, they would get stuck out wide, lose speed with it any chance of making a pass.

I absolutely applaud and support the promotion in all the changes they are making. But without a good racetrack, then it could all end up in vain as there will be fans who decide against coming back.

Am I wide of the mark or does the problems lie with the team as opposed to the track?

• Like 2

berwick lost this match sleeping at the gate and once behind no where to pass well done micky dyer man of the match

• Like 1

I am by no means an expert in track preparation, but I think it is plain to see that it is not in the best of shape at the moment.

After the 1st and 2nd bends, the riders settle in and generally follow each other round for three and a half laps. Overtaking has been at a premium not only at the start of this year but also the end of last year. And no amount of smoke machines, quality burgers or updated music can disguise the fact that the track at Shielfield does not lend itself well to "racing".

Tonight in isolation after the 1st and 2nd bend I think there were two passes (please correct me of I am wrong). Again, purely observational but the riders were trying to make moves but for whatever reason as soon as they left our only racing line, they would get stuck out wide, lose speed with it any chance of making a pass.

I absolutely applaud and support the promotion in all the changes they are making. But without a good racetrack, then it could all end up in vain as there will be fans who decide against coming back.

Am I wide of the mark or does the problems lie with the team as opposed to the track?

It was obvious watching Seb in HT 15 that he was trying his damnest to find a way past , but there was nothing there for him

• Like 2

Ive read this same post from other teams up and down the country so far this year. Could an answer be in the cold weather, a cold track, cold tires? Just a notion.

No one can argue with what you say but i for one dont know the answer to the problem, but like you i worry about the future they need to do something and quick before its too late, if they cant get it right then maybe its time to ask for advice from elsewhere we all need a little help from time to time ..

• Like 1

Tbf the track has been a gaters paradise with one line for a few years now....

Your going to be in trouble saying that....

Tbf the track has been a gaters paradise with one line for a few years now....

I doubt they'll see a better race than the final heat of tbe Ben Fund meeting. Wasn't much dirt on the track that night, but I take your point. It's not only the lack of passing, but the riders being so strung out after a couple of laps. Where's the entertainment there?

Good post,if that is how the riders want the track to be prepared it could be damaging from the entertainment factor most races were settled coming out the 1st /2nd bend which is becoming the norm at a lot of tracks from what we are reading.When Alden can win 4 races by the lenght of the straight pulling wheelies for 3laps then cant pass Dyer in heat 15 it say it all. Barret beats Dyer in his 1st two races then is the length of the straight behind him i another without any obvious mistakes what does that tell the supporters.I dont what the promotion think of tonights performance but IMO early season or not it might have adamaging effect on the crowds whatever spin is put on it by certain people. Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

I would not get to wound up about this result, over a season things can change.

Mind you at the start of season the form books do seem to be overturning and it looks like there could be one or two surprises along the way this season

I still cannot believe or understand why Berwick did not bring back Micky Dyer, when Berwick came to Sheffield last season and turned us over he was very much one of the reasons for that good win.

If it was my club the only question that I would be asking the Promotion how much or did the fact that Alex Edberg Dad promising to buy the clubs race suits (very nice race suits) sway them to maybe go with Alex rather than Micky.

But Redcar have made a very indifferent start to the season, so maybe Berwick could well comeback in this tie.

• Like 1

Well done Redcar! :)

Have to agree no excuses from Bandits I would imagine. Dyer is certainly a prospect IMO.

I would not get to wound up about this result, over a season things can change.

Mind you at the start of season the form books do seem to be overturning and it looks like there could be one or two surprises along the way this season

I still cannot believe or understand why Berwick did not bring back Micky Dyer, when Berwick came to Sheffield last season and turned us over he was very much one of the reasons for that good win.

If it was my club the only question that I would be asking the Promotion how much or did the fact that Alex Edberg Dad promising to buy the clubs race suits (very nice race suits) sway them to maybe go with Alex rather than Micky.

But Redcar have made a very indifferent start to the season, so maybe Berwick could well comeback in this tie.

I dont think Berwick fans will get wound up about the result I think there are bigger issues to address.IMO

A very unexpected but pleasing result for the Bears, everybody chipped in (except Mitchell)who get better, Wilco,Ostty, Arron, Skiddy,all did well, Matty looked a lot better, but Micky D was outstanding. The track looked very slick and racing mostly processional, apart from one or two passes. Heat 15 when Micky beat Alden who was on a max was awesome.

• Like 1