British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Andre Compton Joins Glasgow

If Compton can re-discover the kind of form he was on at Sheffield or his 1st season with Workington,then Glasgow are quids in,though I must admit the last time I saw Compton he was a shadow of that rider.

Will score more than James Wright IMO and as his replacement I guess thats a start.

Very sad štáte of affairs if the best the club can get is someone out of retirement ? Hope it works out but i have my doubts

Very sad táte of affairs if the best the club can get is someone out of retirement ? Hope it works out but i have my doubts

You obviously never watched James Wright this season. Compton will definitely do as a third heat leader, he looked hungry today after an iffy first ride. Will make us a bit more solid. Hopefully he goes in at No4 as we have been woeful in ht14 recently. We will wait and see tomorrow who the un-named Scandinavian is, now that Horwood is heading home.

What on earth has happened to James Wright, a PLRC winner just four years ago and now can`t occupy a third heat leader position in a struggling side, shame.

Potentially a great signing.

Good luck Andre.

• Like 1

Heard someone say compton would be a 5 but dont know if thats a fact

His last average with Workington was 5.95 so you may well be right.

His last average with Workington was 5.95 so you may well be right.

He should be able to ride to that average,so potentially a decent signing.Looks like theres another signing on the way,so I wouldnt want to be the next side that takes on Glasgow at Ashfield........oh. :blink:

• Like 2

He should be able to ride to that average,so potentially a decent signing.Looks like theres another signing on the way,so I wouldnt want to be the next side that takes on Glasgow at Ashfield........oh. :blink:

Good one Screm.

Now then. After two weeks ago, when I walked out after heat 6 due yet again, to another interminable ambulance visit of poor young HH, I was in two minds whether I would be back. What with that, which I will always maintain is WAY too long, and the poor showing on track, I was fed up with it. The signing of Andre might just swing things for me though. He is a class act, stylish and hard as they come. I always liked his style. Then another new face tomorrow? Hmm. Decisions. Decisions.

• Like 4