British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Latvian Gp Saturday 17th August

Gollob did the same in Gdansk (first SEC round). On a slick track he is always able to find good setup straight away (actually this days he can only be true himself on a slick tracks, any grip or bumps and no Gollob which is sad). Was is typical Daugavpils ultra slick track during practice? You say Emil tried different lines. Interesting. In last few meetings including Terenzano and Togliatti he was pretty slow and I believe his bikes are better when there is a little bit more grip. IMO the slicker the better for Tai at this stage of the season.

I would guess though that Emil knows the track better though compared to Tai?

I would guess though that Emil knows the track better though compared to Tai?

Last year I think that would have mattered but Tai in 2013 is a different proposition.

Look at how he perfromed in Russia on a track he did not know.

Either of those guys for me to be champion.

I think Emil has the edge due to his paying his dues in SGP.

Tai's time will come but he has to be able to repeat this year in 2014 and beyond.

He has the credentials to be world champ and has proved all of us doubters wrong this year.

Good luck to both lads today and may the best man come out on top :)

• Like 1

What time does the racing start on Eurosport tonight? 5pm or 6pm British Time?

5pm

Hi all,

Emil has the better non-tattoos but other than that i don't mind if he or Tai are top of the podium :lol: Alan.

Emil just looks so sluggish these days. Guys swooping by him and that never used to happen. Needs to borrow Greg's bike! :lol:

Lucky lad there Tai, I'm glad the ref used his discretion and didn't rob us of a potentially good race.

That rerun produced one of the most intelligent first corners I've seen, brilliant.

Edited by nw42

Those start line girls are the best of the season :approve: Been a good GP so far, Lebedev showing his real potential

Those start line girls are the best of the season :approve:

Really, I'd not noticed them yet :t:

Emil secretly swapped bikes with Greg for heat 12. :lol:

Those start line girls are the best of the season :approve: Been a good GP so far, Lebedev showing his real potential

The Czestochowa girls on Thursday were easily the most oomphy. Mind you, at my age, none of them care what i think. :lol:

Good meeting so far.

Lucky lad there Tai, I'm glad the ref used his discretion and didn't rob us of a potentially good race.

That rerun produced one of the most intelligent first corners I've seen, brilliant.

This is a much better meeting than that dull affair last Sat, don't you think :t::D
  • Like 1

Fantastic ride by Niels. Emil rode like a plonker.

Latvia and Russia 1-2 in the World Team Cup next year. :lol:

• Like 1

Tatum's remark, "Hampel is an understated rider, kind of goes under the radar" can be translated to "Hampel is a boring<removed>".

This kind of venue, full time track, 10-15,000 capacity, is where the Grand Prix is at it's best in my opinion. I'd far rather watch Mallilla at full capacity, than Ullevi, for example.

JT.

PS. That isn't to say I don't like Cardiff, that's slightly different (with 40,000+ crowds year after year).

I can understand the desire and ambition to take speedway to bigger venues, but watching 5,000 watch the Swedish GP in a venue as huge as Ullevi is depressing, in my opinion. Work your way up to the bigger venues, by building up excitement on purpose built tracks and advancing from there.

JT.

• Like 1

Lebedev does look a prospect quick i thought Woffinden was very lucky to stay in there race. Can't remember who it was but some forum member said he Lebedev was a waste of space. A nice tidy style hopefully on his own aquipment he can come back again for the Lynn in the future.

KK riding like a true GP Bee in the Harris tradition. :cry:

Pressure has definitely got to Emil. Tai's for the taking right now.

A bit early maybe but I thinks it pretty certain now that Tai will take the title.

Imo Emil's problem is the lack of speed, especially on slick tracks.