British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

Who gave these assurances, it wouldn't have been Mick Horton, as so many want to suggest. The responsibility of the track prep is nothing to do with him! When will some of you get that it to your heads FFS. He IS not responsible for the stadium, that is down to the landlord ( whoever it is now) it was Sandhu. Has the sale gone through?

Last year we had Colin Pratt in charge of the track prep..Where did he go?

Did Horton want to stage the ERC, then he is responsible for track preperation and making sure things go without a hitch, failed in every way possible.

And Deano, Horton is part of BSPA but that don't mean BSPA are at fault for him failing to deliver a promise to stage a meeting.

I thought someone (ronnie russell?) had the accountability for all live tv meeting track preparations to ensure 'all is well'??

Wasnt this brought in after another fiasco a good while back??

Also didnt the bspa appoint someone to oversee every detail of the live meeting to ensure what happened tonight couldnt...! :o

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

I thought ronnie russell had the accountability for all live tv meeting track preparations to ensure 'all is well'??

Wasnt this brought in after another fiasco a good while back??

Also didnt the bspa appoint someone to oversee every live meeting to ensure what happened tonight couldnt...! :o

Funny that so did I.. he's normally track coo-ordinator for Sky meetings.

I thought someone (ronnie russell?) had the accountability for all live tv meeting track preparations to ensure 'all is well'??

Well...he was certainly ensuring that all was well at the Belle Vue v Poole meeting last year.

And Deano, Horton is part of BSPA but that don't mean BSPA are at fault for him failing to deliver a promise to stage a meeting.

I agree, it appears to be Horton's cock up in the first instance. But if the BSPA are promoting the event, imo and purely my opinion as I handed my money over to the BSPA, they are responsible for what happened or what didn't happen today.

Edited by Deano
  • Like 1

For some reason I thought it was being held at Swindon, ok thanks think i'll call it a day. I just can't be bothered anymore.

Thats what the Polish track bloke said too. :wink:

Who would leave the track prep to a company that wants you out FFS...

Did Horton want to stage the ERC, then he is responsible for track preperation and making sure things go without a hitch, failed in every way possible.

Of course he sold it, he believed and quite rightly, with the facilities on offer, they could stage the event. Yet again, I need to try and explain to you, Horton has NO jurisdiction over what happens at the stadium. That bit is/ was down to Sandhu. Sandhu is/was he landlord.....The bulbs, the paint, the PA, track prep is/was down to him........ :)

Edited by Jacques

It's a shame we keep referring to the guy as 'Polish' track bloke. I am not sure why his nationality is unimportant, in fact I actually think 'Polish' + 'Speedway ' = quality product' ;) 'Not very good' or 'inexperienced' is more appropriate in this case

• Like 2

Who gave these assurances, it wouldn't have been Mick Horton, as so many want to suggest. The responsibility of the track prep is nothing to do with him! When will some of you get that it to your heads FFS. He IS not responsible for the stadium, that is down to the landlord ( whoever it is now) it was Sandhu. Has the sale gone through?

Last year we had Colin Pratt in charge of the track prep..Where did he go?

As the Promoter of speedway at the Stadium he has a duty to ensure that the Track prep is suitable to run Speedway racing on it . He is paying rent for the facilities it is his problem if they are not in good order.After Fridays fiasco you would think he would make sure things were in order for tonight.Exuses from Horton are not plausible IMO
  • Like 2

Last Wednesday at Kings Lynn- team player management promoted Kings Lynn v Zielona Gora nothing to do with kings Lynn speedway team player management took all the risks on this meeting not the Chapmans but the one man that did the most laps Wednesday night was Buster Chapman he didn't just leave it to whoever .

• Like 1

So when did the BSPA realise that the track was in big trouble?? It's a showcase event so I would imagine that they would have been there yesterday and today to ensure after the Swindon nightmare that this went ahead with no drama?

Coventry stadium are at fault also, they made an attempt to fix the track Friday by chucking loads of saw dust down?? Did this go towards the damage to the track?

• Like 1

Presumably he will be announcing his resignation.. :icon_smile_clown:

No, it'll be that track curators can curate where they like and it was totally out out of their hands.

"We regret very much what happened but on Saturday morning I had assurances that everything would be fine with the track." - welcome to supporters' world Harkess. That's the standard reply, irrespective of facts, when you phone the track!

Edited by Crump99