British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stratton

What Are People's Hopes For The New Season.?

With the new season already started what are people's hopes for the sport, there own team and on the individual front.? I hope the NL draft riders work ( i don't agree with it ) but i really hope it works and the likes of Ellis push on.I believe he can push on in the PL and he will easily hold his own in the EL also fingers crossed for Lambert he could be anything.My main hope is to see decent racing i am not bothered about how Swindon do winning is not everything in my book as long as i enjoy the racing.On the individual front Niels or Darcy for the title they are my two against the field ,anyway hope everybody has a good year and enjoy there racing.

Good racing and good crowds as those two things are the most important in securing the sports long term future.

With the new season already started what are people's hopes for the sport, there own team and on the individual front.? I hope the NL draft riders work ( i don't agree with it ) but i really hope it works and the likes of Ellis push on.I believe he can push on in the PL and he will easily hold his own in the EL also fingers crossed for Lambert he could be anything.My main hope is to see decent racing i am not bothered about how Swindon do winning is not everything in my book as long as i enjoy the racing.On the individual front Niels or Darcy for the title they are my two against the field ,anyway hope everybody has a good year and enjoy there racing.

I agree that winning isn't everything, but having hope is! Every year in every league we see teams start the season with no chance at all of challenging for silverware, and that is (in my opinion) a problem. The other problem (at least on here)is people's obsession with foreign leagues. Lets support and make the best of what we have and hopefully we'll see a few underdogs have their day.

To stay injury free and see some good racing at the NA. Anything above that is a bonus really, to win the EL would be great but not the be all and end all for me. To see the three local youngsters progress will be most satisfying too.

• Like 1

I think 2014 is going to be a very good year for British speedway.

Unlike Sidney I do embrace the draft system and think it will produce plenty of local talent in the coming years. Sure there are bound to be teething issues but overall a cracking idea for the EL and British youngsters.

There will always be teams who do better than others in any sport and speedway is no different. At least speedway starts with a points limit for all teams.

With a British WC, the sport is getting more attention through Tai's media coverage. I feel confident the attendance at Cardiff this year will be the biggest ever by a considerable margin. Woffinden V Ward and Holder is just too good to miss.

• Like 1

Hope that all teams that start the season,finish the season and that all riders get paid on time. :t:

Hope we never get a situation again like September 9th 2013 at Kirkmanshulme Lane! :blink:

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 4

Indeed mate, should add that a season without any rule bending, dodgy conduct or call offs due to a weak team would be nice too.

• Like 2

Unlike Sidney I do embrace the draft system and think it will produce plenty of local talent in the coming years.

Couldn't agree more. Whilst some moan about the weakness in standard of reserves we hopefully get a couple of riders pushing there career on which can only be good for Team GB`s future.

I`m a fan too.

• Like 1

As peace and harmony is too far fetched i'll go with no rule bending as the promoters are worse than the riders for trying to get one over on each other

• Like 2

Not bothered by rule bending. Not bothered about average manipulation. Not bothered by clubs chopping and changing riders.

All I want for 2014 is rider's putting in 100% commitment to the cause and the fans repay the favour with 100% of their support.

This is one of the biggest years in British Speedway history with all the changes.

Global Speedway is bigger than it's ever been, especially with TV coverage. British, Swedish League's, E(L)RC, SGP, SWC, SEC, Best Pairs all Live on our TV's, something that's never ever been seen before. Polish speedway live to the Swedes which I believe is something new to them too.

Us fans have an opportunity to spread the word. If we genuinely want the sport to thrive and you don't believe the BSPA are doing enough then it's down to us.

SPEEDWAY IS COMING BACK FIGHTING, LET'S GET IT ON.........................

• Like 1

I agree that winning isn't everything, but having hope is! Every year in every league we see teams start the season with no chance at all of challenging for silverware, and that is (in my opinion) a problem. The other problem (at least on here)is people's obsession with foreign leagues. Lets support and make the best of what we have and hopefully we'll see a few underdogs have their day.

Great point, whatever league you are in it has to be HEALTHY to believe everyone is on a even playing field and we all have a chance.Last year Birmingham were a great example kept the same 1/7 all year failed but even this year the team had to be dismantled a shame really i love CONTINUITY when possible the fans identify with this.

Unlike Sidney I do embrace the draft system and think it will produce plenty of local talent in the coming years. Sure there are bound to be teething issues but overall a cracking idea for the EL and British youngsters.

There will always be teams who do better than others in any sport and speedway is no different. At least speedway starts with a points limit for all teams.

With a British WC, the sport is getting more attention through Tai's media coverage. I feel confident the attendance at Cardiff this year will be the biggest ever by a considerable margin. Woffinden V Ward and Holder is just too good to miss.

I do want Brits to get on more than anyone the biggest disgrace is the EL and PL don't agree which I think is a crying shame.Anyway going back to your draft reserves point you are a supporter i hope you have faith and keep the same 6 and 7 all year? at Poole.?
  • Like 1

Not bothered by rule bending. Not bothered about average manipulation. Not bothered by clubs chopping and changing riders.

All I want for 2014 is rider's putting in 100% commitment to the cause and the fans repay the favour with 100% of their support.

This is one of the biggest years in British Speedway history with all the changes.

Global Speedway is bigger than it's ever been, especially with TV coverage. British, Swedish League's, E(L)RC, SGP, SWC, SEC, Best Pairs all Live on our TV's, something that's never ever been seen before. Polish speedway live to the Swedes which I believe is something new to them too.

Us fans have an opportunity to spread the word. If we genuinely want the sport to thrive and you don't believe the BSPA are doing enough then it's down to us.

SPEEDWAY IS COMING BACK FIGHTING, LET'S GET IT ON.........................

and what makes the sport a little silly is the individual 'interpretation' of the rules by the teams maybe follow the rules on face value and not try to find the hidden meanings to get that edge.

WOLVES; Tai continues to make us all proud with his efforts on and off the track and he raises loads for GOSH. .... Ty can recover from a slow start and be the rider he was last season. ..... Pawlicki shows his Swedish and Polish talents in this country ..... Jacob continues his brilliant rise into the next Super Swede at Monmore ..... Ricky (still only 22 years of age) builds on his steady progress and consistancy but most of all, the entire team don't suffer injuries.

SEASON; Well balanced teams are being looked at as the weak outfits but if they can pull together and have good reserves, they could shock a few and hopefully its a very evenly balanced table and all teams still in the running after mid season.

PERSONALLY; Want to do the WTC in Poland and a few meetings and if Tai is in the running again, I will be heading out to Torun yet again to see the final round with another new shirt printed !!!

2015; Hopefully any rules set up for 2014 that dont work are sorted for the following season and not just dropped.

While I like the idea of draft riders, I would rather see each team having just one draft rider or if it remains at two, then teams are increased to 8 rider teams (2 reserves) and 16 or 17 heats a meeting.

Doubling up eventually sorted for riders of a certain standard and not riders being #1 in both leagues. (ie PL riders under 8 or EL under 6)

WOLVES; Tai continues to make us all proud with his efforts on and off the track and he raises loads for GOSH. .... Ty can recover from a slow start and be the rider he was last season. ..... Pawlicki shows his Swedish and Polish talents in this country ..... Jacob continues his brilliant rise into the next Super Swede at Monmore ..... Ricky (still only 22 years of age) builds on his steady progress and consistancy but most of all, the entire team don't suffer injuries.

SEASON; Well balanced teams are being looked at as the weak outfits but if they can pull together and have good reserves, they could shock a few and hopefully its a very evenly balanced table and all teams still in the running after mid season.

PERSONALLY; Want to do the WTC in Poland and a few meetings and if Tai is in the running again, I will be heading out to Torun yet again to see the final round with another new shirt printed !!!

2015; Hopefully any rules set up for 2014 that dont work are sorted for the following season and not just dropped.

While I like the idea of draft riders, I would rather see each team having just one draft rider or if it remains at two, then teams are increased to 8 rider teams (2 reserves) and 16 or 17 heats a meeting.

Doubling up eventually sorted for riders of a certain standard and not riders being #1 in both leagues. (ie PL riders under 8 or EL under 6)

I think it has to remain at two, otherwise one kid on his own really would be swamped by it all.

I think it has to remain at two, otherwise one kid on his own really would be swamped by it all.

Spot on