British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
semion

Kings Lynn V Belle Vue 16/4

<signature too long> Is that why you're using initials for the riders? :lol: I get the first two but who's FTG?

from the gate

Wouldn't worry about the Aces reserves too much - can't think of many that will beat the two Lewis' around the Norfolk Arena

In my opinion the stars will come unstuck against teams with a decent reserve pairing like they did on Monday night. I watched the meeting on bet365 and I can say that the Aces top 5 were better than Lynn's top five.

But outscored by Lynn's top five ;)

In my opinion the stars will come unstuck against teams with a decent reserve pairing like they did on Monday night. I watched the meeting on bet365 and I can say that the Aces top 5 were better than Lynn's top five.

i think Kings Lynn have one of the strongest pairings in the league at reserve. 2 gp stars as heat leaders and a strong 3rd heat leader makes the top 3 the strongest in the league as well. On averages they have the weakest 2 and 4 but at the moment Porsing and Lambert are more than doing there job. Team to beat defiantly

Track a bit too grippy early on and then very dusty at the end of the meeting, bit strange really. Racing a fair way below the usual standard but a couple of excellent last bend swoops from Robert & Puk. Kerr & Rose impressed again, Rose nearly holding off Worrall in heat 14 and Kerr would have had paid eleven but for his fall. Really encouraging that the team is strong enough to carry a struggling Rory and a below par Neils and still hit 52. For the Aces MPT and Zagar stood out while the rest of the top five had their moments, but the reserves found it really tough going.

The reasons we were beaten at Wolves wasn't because the reserves, they actually out scored the counterparts. I feel after 4 meeting our reserves have performed exceptionally well and exceeded everything expected of them.

Tonight's match was never going to be easy, especially when a team has the quality of riders like Zagar and Nicholls, both of whom ride Lynn very well. I thought the BV top 5 done well, but no way were they better. By his very high standard, Niels had an off-night, missing the gate every time, but he always battles well. Rory, again was subdued, but showed in his last race what he can do when inflicting Zagar's only defeat.

Porsing was impressive and scored well, and again Lambert caught the eye. But to beat a team like BV, conclusively, when not firing on all cylinders, shows what strength we have....

It wasn't the best race meeting. Started off with a lot of FTG. After 8 heats the scores where level, but then we stepped up a gear with passes from the back to claim 3, 5-1's after which point we were able too home. Another good crowd, Pity we were made to wait for the stragglers to arrive though.

Track was to grippy to start with. These modern day riders hey, bloody wusses :lol: Buster can save some money and order 2-3 tonne less next time.

The racing definitely improved 2nd half of the meeting and I actually feel I watch a different meeting to most. The was a couple of strung out races and almost all heat winners were FTG but there were some bloody close battles for 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th placed riders.

I don't know what it is but most fans seem to judge a meeting on purely heat winner's, speedway is much more than that.

I really enjoyed tonight

Track was to grippy to start with. These modern day riders hey, bloody wusses :lol: Buster can save some money and order 2-3 tonne less next time.

The racing definitely improved 2nd half of the meeting and I actually feel I watch a different meeting to most. The was a couple of strung out races and almost all heat winners were FTG but there were some bloody close battles for 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th placed riders.

I don't know what it is but most fans seem to judge a meeting on purely heat winner's, speedway is much more than that.

I really enjoyed tonight

I enjoy EVERY meeting, even those we lose...... The smell, the noise, the excitement, the people. Winning is just the icing on the cake......

• Like 2

Another good crowd, Pity we were made to wait for the stragglers to arrive though.

It was another good crowd but right up to 7.40 the place was dead.

These people are starting to p!$$ me off. They know it's a 7.45 tapes up, if they're late tough. I really don't get why people need to turn up so late. No other sport waits for tricklers to get in

• Like 1

It was another good crowd but right up to 7.40 the place was dead.

These people are starting to p!$$ me off. They know it's a 7.45 tapes up, if they're late tough. I really don't get why people need to turn up so late. No other sport waits for tricklers to get in

I have to agree with all you say there. Obviously it's going to be a last minute rush for some, as I know someone who works 20-miles away, and doesn't finish work until 7.00pm, yet is still in the stadium before the official start time. There were no problems in the area on the roads, so there can be no real reason for being late, certainly not in large numbers like that.

As for the speedway so far this year, I've got to say I've been highly impressed with Nicklas Porsing, and although I didn't think the racing was very good last night, I must admit that this year is the first time that I've enjoyed Elite League racing since we rejoined it. So for me, the new system works, apart from the fact that I don't really like the way that the visiting number 4 takes his final rider, assuming he doesn't go in the nominated heat, before the interval.

Okay, I'm going to get this off my chest, will people please stop moaning to me about this years programme, which has become quite tiresome and irritating. Just because I've been a contributor over the years, doesn't make me responsible for the design of the programme, so it's pointless moaning at me. Yes, I agree with you, that it's a terrible programme, and as I said on a posting previously, it's without doubt the worst that we've ever produced. But that's what the management have decided they want to go with, and at the end of the day, you do have an option to not buy one, if your feelings are that strong, which they obviously are.

As for the man who was wearing a 'Silver Machine' jacket last night is concerned, I can't agree with you sir, it's far to slippery to use as toilet paper!!!!!

Good luck to the lads at Birmingham tomorrow, where I'm pretty confident we can leave with some more points in the bag.

• Like 1

Mike,

have to agree about programme. for an extra 50p you get a great A4 booklet/programme at Newcastle, one of the best,I have seen.

Edited by whippy

Pass on the comments though Mimmo :-)

It needs EVERYBODY that complains to pass on their comments personally 'Trees', otherwise if I do it, it just looks as though I'm trying to stir up trouble. I've already told them I don't like it.

Really disapointed with the FTG racing tonight! Not much you can do but wasn't a spectical!

The issue tonight with Belle Vue was at reserve, the one thing to point out from it was how many Draft picks were in the KL side tonight!

Answer None! They got to use there own assets! Coventry and KL have NL sides and in which case they can select who they want before the draft not have the draps that Belle Vue got having the almost the last pick!

Wanna succeeded in speedway over coming years! Invest in youth!

why shouldn't bees and Stars use there owns assets both clubs have spent time and money running NL teams whilst others could have but didn't .
  • Like 2

why shouldn't bees and Stars use there owns assets both clubs have spent time and money running NL teams whilst others could have but didn't .

That's not exactly true. Belle Vue and Poole for example have run NL teams but just not last year, so to that extent KL and Coventry are lucky to have been running them at the right time. Belle Vue were losing too much money to continue with the Colts.