British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RedcarRacer

Redcar V Glasgow 24/4/14

League season gets underway, with Lawson powering up the Bears charge - expecting a comfortable 10 point win. Fingers crossed on weather.

Cant see us troubling the Bears too much . Our number 1 is badly underperforming and our gating in general hasn't been up to scratch . I hope we can produce a competative meeting , but our performances so far dont suggest that

Can't see us being as bad as we were last week, and Lawson back certainly strengthens us. Can't see Skidmore having as bad a meeting again either, so would be hoping for fairly comfortable win.

Weather is good at the moment, and no more rain is forecast sho should be ok!

• Like 1

For Glasgow to trouble us Wolbert has to ride like he can and get 12 or 13 which will be tough against an in form Lawson backed up by Summers and Skidmore , the french lad Berge might be interesting if he is as good as Bellego

Notice it was the usual suspect's that let us down Wolbert , Piper & Lemon Young Berge having never seen the track is putting those 3 put together to shame time for the management to wield the axe as if those 3 scored how they can we would at least have got a point maybe more as i said on Sunday no room for sentiment not performing then move them on.

• Like 1

Much better from Glasgow tonight though another p1sh return from Lemo. Berge looking to be a real find.

Much better from Glasgow tonight though another p1sh return from Lemo. Berge looking to be a real find.

Lemon looks a season to many. Thomsen seems to get a lot of hype yet his scores never seem to back it up

• Like 2

But he trys to the end though.....

I thought tonight was a great meeting and full credit to Glasgow for playing their part. Some really good racing - was surprised to see Wolbert only scored 4. Seemed fairly quick, but just couldnt gate. Very impressed with Berge. Very quick, a little bit wild but the kind of rider you pay your money to watch. Kasper Lykke looked good too.

Delighted to see Konopka get his first heat win - and a comfortable win it was at that over Berge. Seemed to lift his confidence massively, and made a great pass on Harrison on his next heat. Most of the Bears had at least 1 good ride - Aaron looked very good.

Very entertained tonight though.

Lemon was crap at plymouth last seaso hes in a rapid decline,good rider in his day 2 seasons to many!

I actually thought both Glasgow reserves looked pretty good - and I've definitely seen a lot worse. Piper looked a different rider on Berge's bike but I agree about Lemon , a pale shadow of the rider he was.

Good meeting though with some excellent racing from both teams on a smooth track that saw passing both inside and out. Tigers could easily have had a point but the Bears held on for all 3.

Nice to see Rafa pick up some points with a good gate and some excellent racing.

Not sure how Crang was excluded in Heat 2 when he was clearly bumped on the first bend - a classic case of first bend bunching if ever I saw it. That was one of only 2 falls tonight (just in case anyone's counting ;) )

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

To be fair to Wolbert he was a lot better value than his 4 point haul suggests. His low score certainly wasn't through lack of effort. He was involved in some close races and was pushing the Lawson/Summers pairing when he crashed heavily in his last ride.

Put yourself in his shoes.

With his potential he could go places.

Would you want to be in a team next season where you're carrying experienced riders you'd rather be emulating and learning from?

Lemon needs to do some serious thinking, or someone needs to do it for him.

Jesus!

I've just noticed Berge was on a TR in the same heat as Wolbert.

What a kick in the Knackwurst!

Edited by george.m

Very entertaining meeting and glad to see Wolbert and Pijper get up after that horror crash in heat 13!

For the Bears, great to see Konopka gating well in a couple of his rides to pick up a good score as he has proven since he arrived that he has the pace when out. Lawson looked sluggish to start but picked up whilst I think we're benefitting from Summers not doubling up this season. Graversen and Skidmore did their jobs whilst Wilko looked good again apart from that daft mistake when he ended up in no mans land coming out of the last bend in heat 9. Crang poor.

For Glasgow I was really impressed with Berge who seemed to run out of steam in a couple of rides. Showed good track craft a couple of times when switching lines to gain on opponents. The lad looks like he will go far. Wolbert looked quick, probably too quick. I liked the look of Nielsen whilst Pijper and Harrison were hit and miss. Lemon was awful.

I thought the decision to exclude Crang in heat 2 was a shocker. Thomsen clearly nudged him to get the wide line and Thomsen showed all night that that's where he wants to be. He needed to mix it up a bit as the wide line doesn't work on every bend and every straight of every race.

Good to see u get maximum points as Glasgow certainly put up a good fight.

To be fair to Wolbert he was a lot better value than his 4 point haul suggests. His low score certainly wasn't through lack of effort. He was involved in some close races and was pushing the Lawson/Summers pairing when he crashed heavily in his last ride.

I agree. He looked very quick when chasing so if he could get the odd gate he'd be turning these 4 point hauls in to around 10 points.

• Like 1