British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions 30/04/14

Hard lines Leicester !

Another Elite League meeting determined by the National League riders (18+3 Vs 2 according to Updates) - just not on :nono:

Edited by yerropes

Kings Lynn Draft reserves 18+3, Leicester Draft Reserves 2.

If this is going to continue next season then it has to change as it's clearly unfair.

Home reserves outscoring away reserves is not new to this season.

Has it completely bypassed the rest of you that Fisher was c**p. Easy to pick on the reserves. I understand he has his issues but 1 from a number 5 is poor

Edited by TMW

Kings Lynn must have let Kerr use his decent kit tonight :)

Heard on the grapevine that the problem was a little bit of muck in the fuel cap stopping the air and therefore fuel getting through.

Away from the moaners against our two reserves -more importantly I just hope Kenneth is ok after his heavy fall in heat 15 .

• Like 1

Home reserves outscoring away reserves is not new to this season.

Don't think any team will out score Lynn's Home or Away though & whilst that is down to Lewis Rose doing better than expected it can't be right.

18 - 2 dictates the whole meeting as does 10-2 in the reserves races.

Don't think any team will out score Lynn's Home or Away though & whilst that is down to Lewis Rose doing better than expected it can't be right.

unless it was Swindon and then you'd be over the moon with 2 reserves like Lynn - run a NL team rather than keep moaning - Buster had invested in a NL get Swindon to do the same - the moaners just make me laugh sour grapes that's all it is

l

Apart from last week when Wolves reserves out scored Stars at NA .........?

• Like 1

Another meeting? How many is that then and how many were decided by reserves last season and the season before and the season before that?

I'd much rather see a meeting decided by 'National League riders' (I prefer to call them British youngsters but whatever) than hapless foreigners and the latest wonder kid signed for mega£££s to clean up at reserve.

Much better system this season and I reckon the disparity at reserve we've seen since team speedway started will actually be less of a factor than in other seasons.

Each to their own I guess...

I posted the below on another thread, if you're happy then great...

I would say that the difference with the reserve situation this season is that the majority of the NL riders in the EL mostly score points only off each other and the heats that they are involved in are usually predictable and often strung-out too. Add to that, the fact that some team's reserves are so much better (or so much worse) than other teams means that results of Elite League meetings can and are being determined by the strength of a side's National League riders - not good !. With the likes of Smolinski or Jepsen Jensen (or Auty or Howarth etc etc) at reserve you would have reserve riders who can at least compete, whilst the NL guys are mostly just 'out of their depth' - I would emphasize that this is not a dig at them as I know they are doing best in difficult circumstances.

This is a contributing factor as to why I have yet to attend a meeting this season, I have 'streamed' quite a few and will no doubt attend when the warmer evenings arrive and the enthusiasm hopefully returns. Only a couple of years ago I used to take various people, one by one they have drifted away from the sport and not one is currently interested. Elite League Speedway (as it is) is just no longer of major importance to them (or me for that matter), it has become too 'watered down' and the shenanigans within the sport are a huge turnoff too.

Below is the Swindon side Vs BHam Aug 6 2012, compare it to the 2014 team, yet prices since then have gone up (in 2103 if I remember correctly) - £17 entrance, £1.50 parking, £2.50 programme (I'm unaware whether this has gone up this year) - £21 in total - is that really good 'value for money' for the 2104 product ?

1. Hans Andersen

2. Jason Doyle

3. Simon Stead

4. Troy Batchelor

5. Peter Kildemand

6. Nick Morris

7, David Lampart

BTW...Swindon won 48-42 and Smolinski scored 13+1 from reserve..

I know that Swindon haven't done especially well out of the 'draft' (Bates etc), but this post is not 'sour grapes' on my part, I just want to see close, competitive and exciting meetings regardless of the result...

• Like 1

Heard on the grapevine that the problem was a little bit of muck in the fuel cap stopping the air and therefore fuel getting through.

hmmm we've got a different grapevine up here Baggy :)

Kenneth tweeting possible broke collar bone - let's hope that's not the case

• Like 1

Kenneth tweeting possible broke collar bone - let's hope that's not the case

Thought that as soon as he fell. Bit naughty from Doyle I thought, didn't leave any room at all for Bjerre to race.

Thought that as soon as he fell. Bit naughty from Doyle I thought, didn't leave any room at all for Bjerre to race.

No need for it either as no way were Leicester going to get a 5-1 with nki way out in front and mads way back in 4th. Senseless

• Like 1

l

Apart from last week when Wolves reserves out scored Stars at NA .........?

I LIKE THIS ^^^^^^^^^ IN FACT I LIKE THIS A LOT ^^^^^^^^^^^

We only outscored Lakeside by 2 at home and that was with Ellis scoring all 11 for them.