British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

King's Lynn Stars V Leicester Lions 30/04/14

Thought that as soon as he fell. Bit naughty from Doyle I thought, didn't leave any room at all for Bjerre to race.

the crash was right in front of us couldn't see for the fence how Kenneth fell all I do no is Doyel ran Kenneth out of room - did Kenneth need to pass Doyel ? I guess no as Neils was in the lead - but riders instinct is to race and that's what Kenneth did , let's hope it's not a break - plus side is we've no meetings till Belle Vue away on May 12th .

Draft reserves works for me with the heats keeping the top and bottom of teams apart it means most races are much closer with riders evenly matched.

Anyway apart from me making a mess of my programme and thinking Lynn were only 6 ahead with a few heats to go (can't add up - was too busy getting dust out of my eyes to listen to Edwin properly was my excuse), Leicester were certainly value for money and made for an entertaining match. Also got confused and started cheering Mads on his tactical ride then remembered he wasn't riding for the Stars...doh!

Fingers crossed nothing broken for Kenny....Doyle didn't leave him any room what so ever and was lucky not to be excluded himself

• Like 1

Draft reserves are nonsense, No surprise the BSPA MC Jon Cook has the ringer Adam Ellis at reserve.

It's like Real Madrid running world football and saying that goals scored by Portuguese right footed players count for double from now on.

Well another 3pts for Lynn but a pretty mediocre performance from the Stars' top 5 I thought. Surely they shouldn't get outscored or matched (35-35 even without the double points)? And they had majority of heat winners to boot. Thank goodness for Team Lewis!!

Thankfully we started well but went to sleep after heat 5 - yes the track got slicker and slicker but our gating let us down completely. If Leicester had Hougaard instead of Fisher Lynn would've been in deep do-dos!

Obviously we weren't helped by Kenneth's two falls - he was noticeably slower after the first one, and of course hopefully he's not too bad after the 2nd - mystery to me why Doyle wasn't excluded for that.....

Edited by Star Fever

Draft reserves works for me with the heats keeping the top and bottom of teams apart it means most races are much closer with riders evenly matched.

Anyway apart from me making a mess of my programme and thinking Lynn were only 6 ahead with a few heats to go (can't add up - was too busy getting dust out of my eyes to listen to Edwin properly was my excuse), Leicester were certainly value for money and made for an entertaining match. Also got confused and started cheering Mads on his tactical ride then remembered he wasn't riding for the Stars...doh!

Fingers crossed nothing broken for Kenny....Doyle didn't leave him any room what so ever and was lucky not to be excluded himself

I made the same booboo as you on the score!!!

Has it completely bypassed the rest of you that Fisher was c**p. Easy to pick on the reserves. I understand he has his issues but 1 from a number 5 is poor

Wish he had done as badly last night.

Heard on the grapevine that the problem was a little bit of muck in the fuel cap stopping the air and therefore fuel getting through.

Arrgghh- and this cost us a point and more on the telly. Just how many Newky mechs failed to spot this, again Arrgghh.

Draft reserves are nonsense, No surprise the BSPA MC Jon Cook has the ringer Adam Ellis at reserve.

It's like Real Madrid running world football and saying that goals scored by Portuguese right footed players count for double from now on.

Challenged? Perchance ?

Good win for the stars again last night! Homegrown reserves did well but shame about Bjerre's crash caused by some hard riding by Doyle! He didn't need to do it with Niels so far in front.

Interesting that both Kings Lynn and Poole struggled last night to beat Brum and Leicester. Both meetings closer than expected.

What surprised me here is that Leicester matched Kings Lynn with their top 5. We know where Leicesters problems lie and that is the reserves. Kings Lynn do have the best reserve pairing in the EL by a mile and the completely unbalanced scoring from here got the home side through.

Hope Bjerre hasn't broken anything. If he has he can be covered much better this year.

Interesting that both Kings Lynn and Poole struggled last night to beat Brum and Leicester. Both meetings closer than expected.What surprised me here is that Leicester matched Kings Lynn with their top 5. We know where Leicesters problems lie and that is the reserves. Kings Lynn do have the best reserve pairing in the EL by a mile and the completely unbalanced scoring from here got the home side through.Hope Bjerre hasn't broken anything. If he has he can be covered much better this year.

Broken collarbone for Kenneth. He's been brilliant for us this season but you are correct, we should get decent cover

Edit: we can have all but Chris Holder as guest

Edited by screamer

Interesting that both Kings Lynn and Poole struggled last night to beat Brum and Leicester. Both meetings closer than expected.

What surprised me here is that Leicester matched Kings Lynn with their top 5. We know where Leicesters problems lie and that is the reserves. Kings Lynn do have the best reserve pairing in the EL by a mile and the completely unbalanced scoring from here got the home side through.

Hope Bjerre hasn't broken anything. If he has he can be covered much better this year.

This was never gong to be a runaway win. With Leicester's top 5 having a liking for the fairest track in the league. and so it turned out to be. Most impressed with old boys Mads and Stead, who both score well and achieved creditable victories. Doyle always goes well here, sez he like this track to any other in this country, I can see why. Pity about the Bjerre incident though.

All our top 3 battled well and will score more points on another day. NKI first race was sublime, so smooth, so fast, so far ahead. apparently the fastest time seen for 5 years. Our second strings also battled well, but failed to win a race between them. They were always in the mix and worked hard for their points.

Now for the FTR. Tonight they were the difference between winning and losing and both rode exceptionally well. I believe they were only beaten once all night. But with people on here saying it's unfair, I suggest they take stock of the situation rather then pillar Lynn or the system.

Lewis Kerr was rated at the top of the Draft list and was a Lynn asset . For obvious reasons He and Lynn wanted to keep him here. Rose on the other hand was 20th on the list, a new rider that nobody wanted. so in keeping with the draft ideas we acquired our 2 riders from either end of the list. I have seen many good Draft riders so far this year, some far better then ours, but the biggest difference is that team Lewis are both exceptional gaters. This attribute, gives tremendous advantage in most races, and at Lynn, this is enough to put them in a forceful position.

So these poster, don't be-cry their efforts, or persecute them for getting better, Lynn and team Lewis are doing well but it's work in progress, progress that's been on going for some time now.......

• Like 3

I wonder if "Liam Gallagher Fan" would care to try and justify his description of Adam Ellis as a "ringer?" I suspect not as it is patently untrue but his posting is sadly indicative of the level that the BSF has sunk to nowadays. :angry:

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

Thought that as soon as he fell. Bit naughty from Doyle I thought, didn't leave any room at all for Bjerre to race.

Just going from the Proboard updates, sounded as though by that stage the only viable racing line was out near the fence. If so, what would you expect Doyle to do - move in and say "after you, old chap" ?

• Like 1

Kenny B is going to be a big miss for a few weeks. Is it R/R or can we bring in guests ? If it is the latter, Watt, Mads and Nicholls would seem the likely ones to get the nod. It would seem the 2nd strings were the ones down on scoring power, but with the all round strength of the team this was covered by Team Lewis. Its a team Sport, and at the end of the day the 7 riders came through with the result. No the scoreline wasnt as big as many would have predicted but you still only get 3 points for it if you win by 10 or win by 30.

unless it was Swindon and then you'd be over the moon with 2 reserves like Lynn - run a NL team rather than keep moaning - Buster had invested in a NL get Swindon to do the same - the moaners just make me laugh sour grapes that's all it is

Couldn't give a monkeys if it was Swindon I'd be saying the same thing.

Maybe if Buster invested in getting heat leaders as assets in the past he wouldn't have had the money like Swindon did when they came up from the Premier Lge to run a National lge team.

Still all rosey in the Lynn garden.

Edited by Crazy robin

Couldn't give a monkeys if it was Swindon I'd be saying the same thing.

Maybe if Buster invested in getting heat leaders as assets in the past he wouldn't have had the money like Swindon did when they came up from the Premier Lge.

Still all rosey in the Lynn garden.

It would seem In Elite league speedway you cant have it both ways. Lynn have limited rider assets but pay their riders on time. Swindon have a good asset base but last season couldnt meet debts owned to the riders. Which way does a Promoter go ?

Anyway this whole idea of Clubs owing riders is totally different debate. One day it will get challenged and that will be the end of it.