British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Glasgow Vs Scunthorpe - 1/6/2014 (pl - 3pm)

Well said Dorothy good to hear that some promotions respect the fans, nothing worse than paying to get in only to find that the meeting is off before a wheel has been turned and then being told you can't have your money back. Berwick take note, absolute disgrace.

That's the way it goes George! I didn't get mine back at Sheffield either...

Some positive new's regarding Dimitri now up on the official site could be back sooner than expected here's hoping.

Some positive new's regarding Dimitri now up on the official site could be back sooner than expected here's hoping.

Nothing on team changes though. If Berge is back in 2 weeks all the better however having not ridden for the best part of 2 months I wouldn't expect miracles.

That's the way it goes George! I didn't get mine back at Sheffield either...

Yes Sarah I don't doubt it but it doesn't make it right it's time we supporters were treated with some respect, this is not a dig at Berwick specifically since I have many friends over there who are genuine supporters like you we have worked hard to increase the number of traveling supporters and instances like this has undone much of that good work, I thought this approach had disappeared with the likes of Mr Waite but it appears that is not the case. At the end of the day they took our money knowing full well that the meeting would not go ahead then refused to pay any refund on the night, the down side is that no one wants to travel across there now so no one wins which is a great shame. It's time that we as supporters got together to challenge this approach

They don't call me victor Meldrew for nothing ;0))

Edited by George S

Nothing on team changes though. If Berge is back in 2 weeks all the better however having not ridden for the best part of 2 months I wouldn't expect miracles.

It will benefit him starting at reserve though to ease his way back gradually would still expect him to score well from there pretty quickly.

I noticed myself the lack off updates on team changes as indicated will just need to be patient but to have any possible changes in time for Thursday would imagine Tomorrow is the cut off ? .

Update on Dimitri from Tigers website ...

As you are aware we continue to operate a facility given his injury absence. Now that he has dropped to reserve berth, rather than being able to continue with rider replacement, we are instead able to introduce a Premier League guest up to Dimitri’s assessed 5 points.

The latest situation with Dimitri is that he has a scheduled appointment for a scan in France next Thursday, 12th June. The results will directly determine how quickly he makes a racing return.

We can report that he is no longer in any pain or discomfort and that he would like to resume racing, however sensibly he is allowing the medical process to determine if this will be possible without unduly setting himself back in his recovery.

Whilst we are unable at the moment to pre-empt the outcome, it does remain possible that Dimitri could return to Glasgow in as little as a fortnight from now.

What actually were his injuries?

Mostly internal injuries round the Kidney area but appears he is on the mend :approve: .

Good news if he's back soon.

Hope he's sensible about it.

Guest WTF1

Well at least at Glasgow you have a chance of seeing some speedway weather permitting in the next week or so as Scunthorpe's next fixture is not until June 20th and with the form some are in at the moment a rest is not what they need

The forecast was for rain, so they watered the track in the morning. :o

Would it really mater nowadays judging by the Swindon match on TV last weeks even if the track had been ok they would complain about visibility and called a halt to racing.Promotions can't win these days,damned if they do damned if they don't.

Yes Sarah I don't doubt it but it doesn't make it right it's time we supporters were treated with some respect, this is not a dig at Berwick specifically since I have many friends over there who are genuine supporters like you we have worked hard to increase the number of traveling supporters and instances like this has undone much of that good work, I thought this approach had disappeared with the likes of Mr Waite but it appears that is not the case. At the end of the day they took our money knowing full well that the meeting would not go ahead then refused to pay any refund on the night, the down side is that no one wants to travel across there now so no one wins which is a great shame. It's time that we as supporters got together to challenge this approach

They don't call me victor Meldrew for nothing ;0))

Absolute crap, Victor! Both teams were warmed up and changed for 7pm, and with rain easing both captains and referee looked at the track and voted to start at 7.20. Berwick won the toss. All this was announced to crowd.

At 7.18, after rain had eased for about 15 minutes and things were looking OK, there was a further sudden heavy downpour and the referee -- not Berwick or Workington -- called it off. He then stood out on the grass while the announcement was made, to make clear it was his decision.

To blame the home promotion is just not right. To expect any speedway club, anywhere, to refund cash when you have your readmission tickets for any meeting for the next two seasons is a bit naive, as the "no money back" policy has been in operation for sixty-odd years!

Or is it just Berwick you want to put the blame on?

Absolute crap, Victor! Both teams were warmed up and changed for 7pm, and with rain easing both captains and referee looked at the track and voted to start at 7.20. Berwick won the toss. All this was announced to crowd.

At 7.18, after rain had eased for about 15 minutes and things were looking OK, there was a further sudden heavy downpour and the referee -- not Berwick or Workington -- called it off. He then stood out on the grass while the announcement was made, to make clear it was his decision.

To blame the home promotion is just not right. To expect any speedway club, anywhere, to refund cash when you have your readmission tickets for any meeting for the next two seasons is a bit naive, as the "no money back" policy has been in operation for sixty-odd years!

Or is it just Berwick you want to put the blame on?

Not wishing to highjack this thread but this is not even worth a reply, fact the meeting didn't go ahead we ARE entitled to a full refund if that is what we chose to take