British Speedway Forum

Should be tested at every meeting he is now.

• Like 3

From what i've heard. A couple of riders are selected by random for testing at each gp.

Then perhaps Darcy is tested more frequently due to his his history.

Believe that's true - i was at the Stefan Danno meeting in Bydgoszcz all those years ago and i believe he wasn't the random choice, but simply because, and i quote our friend Shovlar who was at the meeting with us, Danno's eyes were like "pissholes in the snow" and that in itself earned him the breath test, which we all know he subsequently failed.

From what i've heard. A couple of riders are selected by random for testing at each gp.

Then perhaps Darcy is tested more frequently due to his his history.

As he should be, he has history and previous for this behaviour.

Should be tested before every meeting, but a ban is the best thing first and foremost.

• Like 5

the facts are he"s banned because he has taken something illegal...FACT.. in which case he should be thrown out..simple

• Like 3

Is he still due to have an op in the winter? If he gets banned he'll simply bring it forward. Hope the authorities take it into account

First of all, what is the limit for riding a speedway bike? Is this a speedway regulation or a local regulation? The alcohol drink driving limit for road users varies massively country to country. Perhaps they forbid any alcohol at all? It's not uncommon for somebody to drink heavily one night, and feel fine the next day but still be over the legal limit.

I'm just saying it's not uncommon for somebody his age to have a heavy Saturday night and not realize the effects might last so long. He could of been well under our legal drink drive limit in the UK but over theirs in Daugavpils.

Not defending him, just brain storming. Doesn't always pay to judge somebody without the facts. It is only fair that any potential ban considers all factors of his defense, and so should we.

If the bloke went out on the raz last night knowing he was riding a speedway bike competitively the next lunch-time he deserves everything he gets. What the legal level is here, there or Timbuktoo has no bearing on the matter. Many people, me included when still working, have jobs where they need to be 100% sober so stay off the pop the previous night accordingly - he should have done the same.

• Like 9

A supreme talent and he seems to be doing his best to waste it.

Somebody needs to grab hold of him and explain that if you want to be the best you have to be professional. Bruce Penhall liked to party. In fact he always maintained that he rode his best when he was tired but you always knew with Bruce that the racing came first.

Come on Darcy - learn from this!

Screm- Darcy has a very nice and attractive woman in his life and from what I have heard has calmed him down a lot. But will be interesting to find out if he was massively over the limit from a night of partying or just slightly over, it has to remembered as well that the limit is lower than for driving a car and could be caused by just two large beers

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11414978.Speedway_Grand_Prix__Ward_ruled_out_of_Latvian_Grand_Prix_after_failing_alcohol_test/?ref=var_0

Middleditch told the Daily Echo: "There are mitigating circumstances for Darcy which will come out over the next few days."

Only a complete numpty would even suggest there are mitigating circumstances. Step forward Middlo the numpty...

• Like 3

Is anybody really so surprised this is Darcy Ward who has his finger set firmly on the self destruction button.

Should be season over so looks like he will be back in Oz soon.

What needs to happen now is he has to stop surrrounding himself with people who keep telling him how wonderful he is and set him straight on the righst and wrongs.

But this is Darcy Ward.

• Like 1

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/11414978.Speedway_Grand_Prix__Ward_ruled_out_of_Latvian_Grand_Prix_after_failing_alcohol_test/?ref=var_0

Middleditch told the Daily Echo: "There are mitigating circumstances for Darcy which will come out over the next few days."

There are no mitigating circumstances. No surprise that Middlo looks for excuses. It is as expected.

First of all, what is the limit for riding a speedway bike? Is this a speedway regulation or a local regulation? The alcohol drink driving limit for road users varies massively country to country. Perhaps they forbid any alcohol at all? It's not uncommon for somebody to drink heavily one night, and feel fine the next day but still be over the legal limit.

I'm just saying it's not uncommon for somebody his age to have a heavy Saturday night and not realize the effects might last so long. He could of been well under our legal drink drive limit in the UK but over theirs in Daugavpils.

Not defending him, just brain storming. Doesn't always pay to judge somebody without the facts. It is only fair that any potential ban considers all factors of his defense, and so should we.

Alcohol limit in speedway is zero , he should've known better , second time this season he's been tested
  • Like 1

Unless someone held him down and poured alcohol down his throat there are no excuses. Even then the correct thing to do would have been to report it and pull himself out of the meeting

• Like 1