British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Posf2 Poole V Kings Lynn

No more rain since this morning. Dark sky though. Fingers crossed.

forecast changed again rain by 7 according to met office, hope it changes again!

Whilst it is within the rules that a result can be called after ten heats, for a knockout type match this is highly unfair on the home side who would get less heats to throw down their home advantage also less heats for the away team to rescue a meeting, for such an important occasion and lets face it, the plays are played up to being the be all and end all of the season, its a scenario which is highly unsatisfactory regardless of what team you support.

That said as far as i am concerned the season being the complete farce that it has, means that no matter how it ends it is not going to change much about how it will be looked back on, in that respect i can see many people within the sport as well as some fans who i would not blame for having the attitude of, lets just get this done no matter how ugly it becomes, the damage is already done.

Tonight must surely be the end to this farse. If it is not run yet again, then it just shows that Poole are just trying to call off a meeting yet again. I know it has rained but years back they used to ride in the rain so what is the difference now.

If this meeting is called off yet again it should be awarded to the Stars and then let us just get on with the finals.

Because it is now getting very stupid and very boring.

If they can't ride in the rain these days then, the BPSA Sky and the promoters should all club together and hire the Birmingham Arena and lay a track and race the play offs over a 3 night period as it would be under cover there would be no problems with the rain. Full stop. So lets put it all to bed tonight, one way or the other. Either race tonight and see who comes out on top, or if they call it off yet again it goes to the Stars.

Is the bbc from Norfolk still planning to cover this ?

Edited by A ORLOV

Live commentary from 7pm on BBC Radio Norfolk tonight, if somebody hasn't already posted this? Its also shown as being on Wiziwig, but not Sky or Bet365.

Hopefully the rain will hold off, and we can finally get this match on!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radionorfolk

• Like 1

Cannot remember the last time you had a sensible debate. As i said, get lost.

mate coming from you thats a bit rich really.

ive run out of fingers and toes to count on for the amount of people that ridicule your posts.

i get the Poole mafia hating mine and perhaps 2 or 3 others from other clubs.

ive got some way to go to reach your level of crap

• Like 2

Live commentary from 7pm on BBC Radio Norfolk tonight, if somebody hasn't already posted this? Its also shown as being on Wiziwig, but not Sky or Bet365.

Not that I didn't believe,you but just had a look at Wiziwig on the tv and it is there in the listings,so fingers crossed if it does go ahead we can watch it

NIGEL Pearson, along with two Sky cameras, is at Wimborne Road reporter for Sky Sports News. If it goes ahead, first leg of final will be at Coventry tomorrow, second leg at Poole on Monday.

Sky are also on standy for Monday and Wednesday next week.

Tonight must surely be the end to this farse. If it is not run yet again, then it just shows that Poole are just trying to call off a meeting yet again. I know it has rained but years back they used to ride in the rain so what is the difference now.

If this meeting is called off yet again it should be awarded to the Stars and then let us just get on with the finals.

Because it is now getting very stupid and very boring.

If they can't ride in the rain these days then, the BPSA Sky and the promoters should all club together and hire the Birmingham Arena and lay a track and race the play offs over a 3 night period as it would be under cover there would be no problems with the rain. Full stop. So lets put it all to bed tonight, one way or the other. Either race tonight and see who comes out on top, or if they call it off yet again it goes to the Stars.

do you mean if Poole call it off ,the ref or the speedway authorities.

I agree if it is just Poole you have a case but if KL or any of the others I think you have not.

NIGEL Pearson, along with two Sky cameras, is at Wimborne Road reporter for Sky Sports News. If it goes ahead, first leg of final will be at Coventry tomorrow, second leg at Poole on Monday.

Has someone told you that Poole are definitely going to win ;)

• Like 6

erm... excuse me.... who said Poole were definitely going to win tonight ???

• Like 1

Hmm or maybe King's Lynn on Monday.