British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Lakeside V King's Lynn 03/04/15

Absolutely ... if I remember correctly he was a 3 point (ish) reserve when he joined us and every time he has moved up within the team he has continued improving, despite being a big track rider by his own admission.

And it's not like beating world class riders today was a one-off ... I seem to recall a particularly good meeting at Poole last year, winning heat 15! He's been rider of the year every year since joining for a reason! And a nice bloke too.

His performances certainly have been a bit concerning this week, but we've seen him put on some incredible performances home and away in the past too. He has a lot of talent, he just hasn't looked like his usual self the last couple of meetings. I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon :)

Absolutely no doubt as your team you know more than me on the situation, but i watched Lakeside last season a few times, and Beck and Lawson as two and four were fantastic, but to have both as heat leaders, I fear you won't win away enough to mount a play off push

hope i'm wrong, and you can't drop Lawson, so beck would be my main concern

• Like 1

I think today's result is terrible for the stars . It's time to get rid of bjerre and bring back mads. Well done to lakeside

Todays result, in itself, wasn't that important, but thinking more in the way of how the team rode and who performed well could be a bigger concern. Was it down to the early season form, the rustiness of the riders, state of the track, or that lakeside were just too good. Whatever the conclusions it's too early to make rash judgements.

I seen enough of KB over the years to know he blows hot and cold. You talk about bringing Mads back in his place, but you can only compare Mads with Kenneth when he's cold. When Kenneth is riding well, Mads wouldn't live with him.

'Well Done' to Richard Lawson, for doing a big full house. Anyone who beats Niels twice has to be a bit special........... Don't seem that long ago I saw him at EESG riding at reserve for the Panthers, whilst KB was their No.1. Amazing how things change round in such a short time........

• Like 5

I believe it's too early to make changes to the team, but Bjerre is certainly a worry. In 3 out of 4 of his races today he was totally off the pace and more of a concern was his body language. He just didn't seem interested. I know he is a rider who needs confidence and i hope he gets it back quickly. Unless he gets out in front, he rarely passes anyone these days.

I think today's result is terrible for the stars . It's time to get rid of bjerre and bring back mads. Well done to lakeside

that would be absolute madness if and its a very big If Kenneth was to leave we need someone far better than Mads . Kenneth will turn things around he's far better than what we've seen so far other than Rory's meeting were I thought he looked class act . Two league meetings in don't panic

Yep pretty disappointed, it was just about all ftg (just like Lynn) and the track was slick\patchy.

But well done to the Hammers, Richard Lawson was awesome, Boxall impressed as I thought he might .......

My other observations from the meeting were, us Lynn fans were as quiet as mice, the commentator whispered our riders' names and shouted out the names of the Hammers before the race. Jon Cook got on the mic as usual after the meeting and eloquently said his bit which was great, love the music Lakeside play, love the flags around the stadium, the official Lakeside hats etc are ummm is the word "fresh" LOL and it's bloody high time that the BSPA start fining promotions for not providing decent showers for away riders, this is professional speedway not Sunday afternoon amateur grass track in the middle of a field, that's £200 fine for Lakeside and the Chelsea of British Speedway, Poole IF I had my way :o (that info re showers was tweeted by our numero 1 BTW).

Onto Wednesday and let's hope it's warmer!!!!!!

Todays result, in itself, wasn't that important, but thinking more in the way of how the team rode and who performed well could be a bigger concern. Was it down to the early season form, the rustiness of the riders, state of the track, or that lakeside were just too good. Whatever the conclusions it's too early to make rash judgements.

I seen enough of KB over the years to know he blows hot and cold. You talk about bringing Mads back in his place, but you can only compare Mads with Kenneth when he's cold. When Kenneth is riding well, Mads wouldn't live with him.

'Well Done' to Richard Lawson, for doing a big full house. Anyone who beats Niels twice has to be a bit special........... Don't seem that long ago I saw him at EESG riding at reserve for the Panthers, whilst KB was their No.1. Amazing how things change round in such a short time........

How about someone who beats him three times out of three rides! a bit special or home track advantage?

Great post by the way.

Any Lakeside fans how did Steve (Boxall) ride?

The best reserve on show by a country mile. He would have scored more had he not made a mistake (which he said was his own fault ) and made a 360 degree spin. His win in the second reserve race was excellent, and all this in light of the fact that he had only ridden Lakeside about once and that was a few years ago. I hope we have him guesting again on the basis of this performance. Can't praise him enough.

I think he has been a bit scatterbrained in the past but seems to have matured.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 1

Bjerre didn't ride well against poole at Kings Lynn either,one reasonable race in heat 13, he has always been a bit inconsistant but seems to be getting worse.

Why's that - because you lost?

From reading the Speedway Updates site it may not have been a classic (are any meetings these days?) but there certainly seemed to be a darn sight more overtaking and close racing than I witnessed at your place on Tuesday night!

I must admit I missed the first 2 races,whether there were overtakes in that I don't know.But for the remaining 13 races I can remember I think 3-4 mainly due to mistakes the 2 overtakes in the 2nd reserves race was first a mistake from Boxall and then from Kerr to let him back through.Couldn't see how Lambert passed Boxall.Like somebody said Bjerre had a good race with Jonsson but he wasn't going to move off the blue groove so Bjerre was never going to go by in a month of Sundays.

I do believe Lakeside actually comes over better on the TV than it does actually being there.

I must admit I missed the first 2 races,whether there were overtakes in that I don't know.But for the remaining 13 races I can remember I think 3-4 mainly due to mistakes the 2 overtakes in the 2nd reserves race was first a mistake from Boxall and then from Kerr to let him back through.Couldn't see how Lambert passed Boxall.Like somebody said Bjerre had a good race with Jonsson but he wasn't going to move off the blue groove so Bjerre was never going to go by in a month of Sundays.

I do believe Lakeside actually comes over better on the TV than it does actually being there.

Tellboy what was your vantage point? Having watched a lot of my speedway at a big track (West Ham) it did take a while to get used to racing at Arena but it is no way as bad as people make out.

• Like 1

Tellboy what was your vantage point? Having watched a lot of my speedway at a big track (West Ham) it did take a while to get used to racing at Arena but it is no way as bad as people make out.

In between 1st/2nd bend from there it actually looked like they were stopping on the bends.Then we went around and took in races from the back straight and then in between bends 3/4 and the final race on bend 4.Maybe its just not my cup of tea having watched speedway at Lynn all my life and on occasions at Peterborough which both are totally to Lakeside.

I think that hits the nail on the head. Lakeside is an aquired taste. I didn't like the place for years and wouldn't go there but soon after the present promotion took over I decided to give it another try on the off chance, someting clicked with me and I have enjoyed it ever since.

I think a lot of speedwáy is about perception.

P.S. West Ham was the best track in the history of the universe, but being young and seeing the sport through youthful eyes was good as well.

• Like 1

Any Lakeside fans how did Steve (Boxall) ride?

As others have also said - he was great! I hadn't seen him ride since his first year back in the sport with Kent (where he also impressed me) so I was looking forward to seeing him at Lakeside yesterday. Good out the starts, riding the right lines and being forceful but fair on the track.

Edited by Mjolnir
  • Like 1