British Speedway Forum
robert72

Should Tai Woffinden Ride For Team Gb ?

Another misunderstanding. Who said I was disagreeing with you? Not me. You did.

I was referring to what you said was the views of the "gold old days" crowd; great heat leaders, great second strings and great reserves. I was merely stating that, as I said earlier in the topic, I recall the great heat leaders, but not the great second strings and reserves.

You've got the wrong end of the stick, I'm afraid.

I remember the first time I saw Belle Vue visit Cowley they had Eric Broadbelt at reserve...and he was regularly beating heat leaders. That 'Aces' side of 1972 was exceptional and had strength throughout. Of course in later years (rider control was never really satisfactory) there were varying ceilings placed on team make-ups to try and equalise teams.

BWitcher referred to the "good old days" crowd claiming that heat leaders, second strings and reserves were better back in the day. I said that I could remember the heat leaders being stronger, but not the rest. I used the Powell versus Hamill and Hancock example because it was uncommon, going against the "good old days" crowd's suggestion that second strings were great and perhaps did this on a regular basis.

It was a shock then and it would be a shock now, that's what I said and you reiterated it. I think you actually tried to correct me, but it's back-fired, I'm afraid.

Meh, as an example I don’t think it proves much at all in all honesty it is a freak result, would need a larger show of results to justify the point either way.

Meh, as an example I don’t think it proves much at all in all honesty it is a freak result, would need a larger show of results to justify the point either way.

What on earth are you talking about?

I made a point, you tried to disagree with me, but didn't understand my point, so ended up agreeing with and now it's "meh"?

You continute to agree with me through this comment, you absolute nutter: "I don’t think it proves much at all in all honesty it is a freak result". You're right, it's a freak result, as is the point I made!

Edited by LunnasPerm

What on earth are you talking about?

I made a point, you tried to disagree with me, but didn't understand mine, so ended up agreeing with and now it's "meh"?

You continute to agree with me through this comment, you absolute nutter: "I don’t think it proves much at all in all honesty it is a freak result".

Yeah “meh”

I don’t agree with your point or the self-imposed view of my opinion you fanny/nutter/tosser etc and so on (since insults seemingly add to a point) it is a one off race that could happen years ago and could still happen now, it isn’t enough to massively differentiate strength of heat leaders, reserves and second strings etc, it doesn't prove a point or disprove another it is just a race that can happen.

Edited by sparkafag

Yeah “meh”

I don’t agree with your point or the self-imposed view of my opinion you fanny/nutter/tosser etc and so on (since insults seemingly add to a point) it is a one off race that could happen years ago and could still happen now, it isn’t enough to massively differentiate strength of heat leaders, reserves and second strings etc, it doesn't prove a point or disprove another it is just a race that can happen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Once again, you are agreeing with my point.

I think that's plenty of internet for you today, sparkafag. Top right, log-off, do it.

That's simply because, despite what the 'good old days crowd' keep trying to tell us, the overall quality of rider is much higher now, with much smaller gaps between the teams from top to bottom.

The 'good old days crowd' will tell us about the unbeatable heat leaders teams used to have with their 10-11pt averages in one post... then in the next tell us how great the second strings and reserves were and how often they beat the heat leaders...

As I've mentioned on another thread, there is an argument for returning to a format where the top riders meet less often than they do now, this would give them higher averages and create a perception of them being stronger. Even include bonus pts in their averages again. It's all psychological, they are the same riders but if they have a 10pt average rather than an 8, it makes them appear all that much more enticing to go and watch and be excited about them visiting.. and of course them getting beat.

Not directly relating to this post, but it would make heat leaders and second strings easily separated out for team building purposes, would certainly make team building fairer..

heat leaders 9 to 12 pts

second strings 8.99 pts down

Reserves currently not chosen on EL averages..

Except if there weren't 24 riders on +8.99 averages!

Edited by Shale Searcher

Every England player sang the national anthem today, total respect for the honor of representing your country,

Every England player sang the national anthem today, total respect for the honor of representing your country,

Good for them

Only because they're told to, not because they want to

and I was stood at the bar with a pint in one hand scratching my bolloxs with the other hand, but I have been on holiday to aus, so I must be one too

Edited by bendover
  • Like 1

I think tai should be told too

Nobody should be made to sing the Queen's anthem. When we actually create a national anthem then come back to me

• Like 1

Nobody should be made to sing the Queen's anthem. When we actually create a national anthem then come back to me

the girl they hired at yesterdays cup final never even sang it!!

• Like 1

Tai should be in WC team but I do agree with Robert72 in that i see no valid reason why he couldn't or more importantly wouldn't want to ride in the national championship. Bikes/engines can be moved around Europe quite easily and nowhere is more than a few hours away by air. Given it's at the new National stadium i think it is a poor unpatriotic and selfish decision to not support the British Final.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 3

You should be made to sing it if your representing your country, I think the FA have got it right

Tai should be in WC team but I do agree with Robert72 in that i see no valid reason why he couldn't or more importantly wouldn't want to ride in the national championship. Bikes/engines can be moved around Europe quite easily and nowhere is more than a few hours away by air. Given it's at the new National stadium i think it is a poor unpatriotic decision to not support the British Final.

I think tai lives about 50 miles from the national stadium