British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Blimey!!!

These Engine Tuners must be making a bloody fortune. :shock: :shock: :shock:

TBF I imagine a lost of the cost is parts. An engine turner can magic parts up from nothing and it's worn parts that slow engines down and need replacing when a bike is serviced.

Am I reading that right, does the last paragraph say that Freddie got them to compromise reliability to improve performance? That sounds like the start of a slippery slope!

Am I reading that right?

Well that's a very good question. Reading a "roughly" translated article is risky, at best. I could extract any "truth" from that, that I wanted.

Standby the forum truth seekers.

Am I reading that right, does the last paragraph say that Freddie got them to compromise reliability to improve performance? That sounds like the start of a slippery slope!

Reading the article as translated into English it does say that FL did ask for the fuel line filter to be taken out to increase performance. Yes it could be the start of a slippery slope. Take out or reduce the efficiency of the lev limiter would not make the GTR much different to what we have with other engine manufacturers, would it?

Reading the article as translated into English it does say that FL did ask for the fuel line filter to be taken out to increase performance. Yes it could be the start of a slippery slope. Take out or reduce the efficiency of the lev limiter would not make the GTR much different to what we have with other engine manufacturers, would it?

taking the fuel filter out , does'nt affect the lev limit , don't think they have lev limiters on them anyway . depends more on how much Bleakfast you have had

• Like 1

The translation is quiet bad, I can't understand how they related FF performance with Nicki who had buy then a GTR? They got their injury/crash the same day or one day in between ;) Its up to the rider to have one or two fuel tubes and some of them without filter inside. One of many things that belongs to how they want for their equipment, this is not depending on the engine manufakture. Nothing unusually. And FF has a rev. limiter on, the GTR works only with a rev. limiter. But a rev. limiter don't make the engine slower.

I would think the only reason you would take the filter out would be so as the carb would fill up quicker as for a rev limiter they don't have them and why would you want one maybe it would benefit a junior but not the likes of fast fred he needs to go as fast as possible. yes I agree the last few days has been the start of a slippery slope,fred slipping straight back up the slope and back to where he was just before his injury banging in big points where ever he rides.

Edited by neb

Could be wrong but certainly looked like Jack Thomas blew his GTR up at Kent on Monday?

No Jack has been back on his GMs the last couple of meetings, and was a GM he blew up.
  • Like 2

I would think the only reason you would take the filter out would be so as the carb would fill up quicker as for a rev limiter they don't have them and why would you want one maybe it would benefit a junior but not the likes of fast fred he needs to go as fast as possible. yes I agree the last few days has been the start of a slippery slope,fred slipping straight back up the slope and back to where he was just before his injury banging in big points where ever he rides.

GTRs do have Rev limiters but they are rarely hit and hitting one during a race can be dangerous Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

GTRs do have Rev limiters but they are rarely hit and hitting one during a race can be dangerous

I accept that it could be dangerous because I believe you. But in what way is dangerous and are riders on GTRs made fully aware of those dangers? Is it going to STOP as in if the pull cord comes out?

I accept that it could be dangerous because I believe you. But in what way is dangerous and are riders on GTRs made fully aware of those dangers? Is it going to STOP as in if the pull cord comes out?

I should of said if you were to hit the limiter it would be dangerous because if you hit the limiter during a corner the bike will straighten up like hitting a rut but the limit is set at 13,100 I believe and even the top riders in the world only hit around 11,000 during a race so it doesn't really do anything except maybe on the start line, if your bike hits 13,000 during a race then your set up is wrong and your in danger of your tyre disintegrating after a couple of laps Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 1

if your bike hits 13,000 during a race then your set up is wrong and your in danger of your tyre disintegrating after a couple of laps

I would be worrying more about the engine disintegrating, than the tyre @13100RPM.

Plenty of modern single cylinder engines rev over 13000rpm with no problems.