British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

the hosts shouldn't be seeded through to the final, I don't even think they should be seeded into the race off either.

the defending champions should be seeded into the final.

If Emil S and The Lagutas who sound a bit like an indie band, hit the ground running I can't see them losing.

• Like 1

hope Doyle gets the massive round of applause he deserves :mad:

I like Doyley, a good lad who makes the effort to ride in Britain. Let's face it, he's got a point about us being weak.

I want to see the Aussies in the final as it's the only team we might beat!

the hosts shouldn't be seeded through to the final, I don't even think they should be seeded into the race off either.

the defending champions should be seeded into the final.

Nobody should be seeded through to the final, it should be the four best teams contesting a showpiece final, if that means the host nation miss out that's unfortunate. The only reason for this is the crowd would be reduced.

Cant blame Hancock! Whats the point in risking injury in whats a very competetive meeting tonight? USA wont win it will they? They might have sneaked a surprise 2nd place though....

Seeding teams to the final is a poor rule imo. I understand it gives a big crowd with the host in the meeting, so seed the hosts to the race off, make it 2 qualify for the final, and that way you have a good chance of the host nation racing in every round. Denmark were in round 1, sweden were in R2 on tuesday, GB would be in tonight, and would create "real drama" for making the final tomorrow. And greg would be up for it as well id say!

Only in speedway tho! Hahaha

Cant blame Hancock! Whats the point in risking injury in whats a very competetive meeting tonight? USA wont win it will they? They might have sneaked a surprise 2nd place though....

Seeding teams to the final is a poor rule imo. I understand it gives a big crowd with the host in the meeting, so seed the hosts to the race off, make it 2 qualify for the final, and that way you have a good chance of the host nation racing in every round. Denmark were in round 1, sweden were in R2 on tuesday, GB would be in tonight, and would create "real drama" for making the final tomorrow. And greg would be up for it as well id say!

Only in speedway tho! Hahaha

Makes you laugh when Ladbrokes are only offering 500/1 for USA to win outright tonight.

Wonder if those figures were attached before they knew Hancock was not riding.

Makes Leicester,s odds of 5000/1 to win last years Prem a bit miserly. ;)

Was 100/1 i think when the thought Hancock was riding then moved it.

He rode last year when they got to the same playoff. No bother then.

Torun could be sweating on what the FIM decide to do on Hancocks absence- I think that they could ban him for Sunday like they did Laguta

According to the wording on GP/SWC site, USA have "stood Hancock down" as opposed to Hancock having stood USA up.

According to the wording on GP/SWC site, USA have "stood Hancock down" as opposed to Hancock having stood USA up.

Saving him from a ban

• Like 1

I'd rather watch Russia or Australia in the final than Great Britain & Jason is only telling the truth for me.

Look at when the Czechs were in the final & were pony, there fans would rather have seen the team who finished 2nd in the play off than them.

Why oh why Denmark have Bjerre in there team in front of Nicki or PK is ridiculous as he is a real weak link.

Any news on the track with all the rain we have had ?

What are the rules are rain offs ? e.g do they have to get to 16 heats or just toss a coin! :)

What are the rules are rain offs ? e.g do they have to get to 16 heats or just toss a coin! :)

Rain stopped a couple of hours ago and it wasn't exactly hammering down, , can't see it being an issue going on past events at the NSS, seems to have the capacity to drain well and be raceable.

• Like 1

Where's Max Ruml? He looked as if he had some talent there.

Think the USA would have just as well brought Doug Nicol over as well!

Track is fine, been dry since 2.00 and quite warm now, they just didn't want to run practise in wet conditions and then have limited time to relay it.

• Like 2

If they complete 12 heats then it'll be a result.

Anything less than 12 heats and it has to be restaged.

• Like 1