British Speedway Forum

........................ with friends like those................

This is the first time that I have seen Colin Meredith`s name mentioned- he used to be responsible for the track at Kirkmanshulme lane (2015 ?) Did Colin have any involvement with the new track ? If he did - he is also the SCB track inspector- so would have been in the ideal position to tell the Belle Vue promotion of any shortcomings with the track. Did the Promoters not listen to him ?

Colin Meredith is, I understand, the track curator appointed by the promotion at the National Speedway Stadium. The SCB have two Track Inspectors, Colin Merdith and Alan Bridgett. I am unaware which of the two conducted the track inspection at the NSS to issue the necessary certificate. This should be reported in the SCB inquiry.

Colin Meredith is, I understand, the track curator appointed by the promotion at the National Speedway Stadium. The SCB have two Track Inspectors, Colin Merdith and Alan Bridgett. I am unaware which of the two conducted the track inspection at the NSS to issue the necessary certificate. This should be reported in the SCB inquiry.

Surely Colin Meredith cannot do a track inspection on a track he has prepared himself?

He's hardly likely to say it's unfit and it leaves him susceptable to pressure from his employers (Belle Vue) to allow the meeting to go ahead. I'm not suggesting that he would in any sense, be the opportunity would be there.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 1

Apologies -yes they do have 2 inspectors. As the statement has said licensing the track does not actually cover the racing surface. - however in the past I`m sure that the afore mentioned have been called on to inspect/advise on "dodgy tracks"

What a rubbish statement. If I was Belle Vue I'd be straight on the phone to Chapman telling him if he's got nothing constructive to say, then shut the *** up. Belle Vue are very shortly going to have the best speedway facility in the UK, thanks to the promotions work. Yes, Saturday was a disaster, but Speedway GB should have involved themselves more proactively in the last stages, because if this somehow affects the whole of UK Speedway, then the stadium being built affects the whole of UK speedway in a positive way. Get real, learn, move on, be supportive to a member club which has done all this work. Unless there is something they are not telling us about the build up to the meeting?

Unimpressed by Chapman so far.

• Like 2

Where is the statement regarding refunds??? Stuff the track I couldn't care less anymore. This is the last away meeting I shall go to.

Edited by PiratesPiratesPirates

Not us..

No way Jose....

All Belle Vue this....

They are at fault, only them..

Tracks may now suffer because of what Belle Vue (not us by the way) did....

Big enquiry, that's what's needed, cannot allow Speedway meetings to be so poorly planned and delivered (even if nothing to do with us)..

Cannot have Speedway ran this way, no, not at all...

First Big meeting of the season as well...

Should have given the sport a great boost at the start of the new season like when we organised the ELRC at Cov in 2014, errrr, hang on a mo..

Scrap that...

I mean a boost like when Poole qualified for the Play Offs when they got to heat ten at Belle Vue then called the meeting off, no hang on again, scratch that an all...

Oh here we are...

A boost like, oh sod it, the bloody generator broke down that night I seem to remember..

Anyhow

Let's make it clear..

It wasn't us....

• Like 3

I wasn't sure how long it would take for Poole to be accused as being at fault?!

• Like 1

complete shamles,and now with the bspa comment "a complete and utter bulls up"

Its most proberly correct what buster is saying,but come on,building the stadium from scratch to its very first meeting,surely the bspa would have a vested interest in speedway as a whole in the uk to get this project right.I really cant understand where buster is coming from,the bspa should have been bending over backwards to get this right in the interest of overall speedway in this country.

I clicked on this thread with a certain trepidation having read the statement (and many comments - including some from past promoters!) on Facebook.

As far as the statement goes, I feel it could have been much better worded and thought-through. For any association to totally blame one of its members and not offer its support and assistance in attempting to sort things out is not on - wherever the faults lay.

As Phil the Ace says above, if the event had gone ahead without any problems, the BSPA would have been applauding one of their member clubs and be standing alongside them for all the congrats.

As sorry as I feel for everyone that was there, I feel particularly sad for all the Aces fans.

I'l go one step further. I feel extreamly sad for the BV fans and the neutral fans that turned up. Total incompetence, no other word to describe it.

It's almost as though Chapman has some sort of axe to grind wih the National Stadium....

• Like 2

It's almost as though Chapman has some sort of axe to grind wih the National Stadium....

It makes me wonder if he warned BV that the track wouldn't be ready in time, and they ignored him.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

Why would he unless he owned his own stadium that could lose big meetings.

Oh hang on

• Like 4