British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Poole Pirates, Mon 9th May 2016 @ 19:30

averages from 2014

Worrall has had a higher PL average the last 2 season. Worralls EL average is 8.52 but hes ridden 4 away meetings only, Newmans away average is 9.33 from 2 away meeting - one of them at his best performing away track in the EL. I'd just give Newman the nod at the moment but I'm not sure theres a lot in it at EL level.

I fail to get this obsession with who is better, Newman or Garrity (last season) or Newman or Worrall (this season).

If we are talking only EL performances/averages I'd say Newman shades it both seasons although as SCB pointed out there really isn't a huge difference in it.

At PL level obviously then both are quite a bit better than Newman.

The only farce has been working out the grade numbers for these riders. Hopefully this season's EL averages alone will affect next seasons grades.

Or failing that take their EL averages and times it by their PL converted average to give a much truer . Plus any calculation of averages should omit any of their reserve rides.

The true reflection of their abilities should only include their rides against better riders.

• Like 1

Your so right about Gavan he is full of aggression towards people. For a part time fan he thinks he knows everything too.

Part time fan lol. Do you have to go every week to have knowledge then??

Between the ages of 12 and 25 i would go Ipswich, Arena, Hackney and Rye House so usually 4 meetings a week. I know enough pal.

I know Tai Woffinden is a 2 time World Champion that is British and should be celebrated.

I only get angry with idiots mate

Happy Hunter, those are 2014 averages. Newman has a better EL average regardless.

SCB, do you know both riders PL averages in 2015 and so far, so this argument can be closed? I'm with you giving the edge to Newman.

Hopefully, although I doubt it as I can't see Newman being fit, it would have been good to see how both riders fare in the British Semis. Another interesting discussion would be are they better than Garrity who is good in British Finals but average wise in the league comes up short, I would guess.

Happy Hunter, those are 2014 averages. Newman has a better EL average regardless.

SCB, do you know both riders PL averages in 2015 and so far, so this argument can be closed? I'm with you giving the edge to Newman.

Hopefully, although I doubt it, it would be good to see how both riders fare in the British Semis. Another interesting discussion would be are they better than Garrity who is good in British Finals but average wise in the league comes up short, I would guess.

Edited by Joe Beevers

averages from 2014

I fail to get this obsession with who is better, Newman or Garrity (last season) or Newman or Worrall (this season).

If we are talking only EL performances/averages I'd say Newman shades it both seasons although as SCB pointed out there really isn't a huge difference in it.

The only farce has been working out the grade numbers for these riders. Hopefully this season's EL averages alone will affect next seasons grades.

Or failing that take their EL averages and times it by their PL converted average to give a much truer . Plus any calculation of averages should omit any of their reserve rides.

The true reflection of their abilities should only include their rides against better riders.

If you use this link http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages/2014/1 and then hover over the heading 'averages' and then over either Elite or Premier League you will see that you can get the up to date averages for this season and previous seasons.

• Like 1

http://www.speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages/2015/2

2015 PL.Worrall 8.35 and Newmnan 7.63

Who is better...Newman or Worrall...that's a new one to me! I've not seen enough of Worrall to make a fully considered opinion, however as a Poole supporter I can categorically tell you that Newman loves riding for us and gives everything every time he steps onto his bike. Can the same be said about Worrall and BV? I have no idea to be fair, so if he does then fair play. In all honesty, does it really matter?

That's my tuppence worth :D

• Like 1

averages from 2014

The obsession comes from the anti-Poole fans belittling Newman's ability against certain riders like Garrity and Worrall cos it is meant to annoy Poole fans who rate Newman.
  • Like 1

The obsession comes from the anti-Poole fans belittling Newman's ability against certain riders like Garrity and Worrall cos it is meant to annoy Poole fans who rate Newman.

Im not belittling Kyle Newman but he just seems to be the be all and end all for all Poole fans. As of yet he hasnt achieved as much as Garrity and i dont think he is as good as Worrall.

Newman rides better inthe tougher EL as his average clearly shows. He doesnt over ride like Garrity who locks up and brings riders off like last night. Newman is a much more accomplished rider and all that matters are his Poole scores. His PL average is only important for team building averages.

Not everyone is belittling Newman or winding up Poole fans, just giving opinion.

My opinion, I'd definitely have Worrall over Newman simply because I think he's a better racer & find Newman more of a trapper and think Worrall would fair better in a 1-5 position.

It may not be the case at all. I don't see neither becoming full GB International riders though.

I didn't mention Garrity because he'll never be as good as either. Jumped up, big headed, dangerous lunatic

Not everyone is belittling Newman or winding up Poole fans, just giving opinion.

My opinion, I'd definitely have Worrall over Newman simply because I think he's a better racer & find Newman more of a trapper and think Worrall would fair better in a 1-5 position.

It may not be the case at all. I don't see neither becoming full GB International riders though.

I didn't mention Garrity because he'll never be as good as either. Jumped up, big headed, dangerous lunatic

Newmans problem is his gating. He scores points from the back. If he could gate he would be a heat leader proper. Agree with you about Garrity racing wise. Dont know him to judge his temperament.

Newmans problem is his gating. He scores points from the back. If he could gate he would be a heat leader proper. Agree with you about Garrity racing wise. Dont know him to judge his temperament.

Think he gave that away when he said he's already as good as Tai Woffinden at last year's British Final and his arrogance at stepping up into a 1-5 position.

IMO, he's someone who has absolutely no idea & totally clueless on his own ability. Running before he can walk springs to mind

Agree regarding Garrity he is just a dangerous lunatic on a bike.

Im not belittling Kyle Newman but he just seems to be the be all and end all for all Poole fans. As of yet he hasnt achieved as much as Garrity and i dont think he is as good as Worrall.

Newman comes from the area and he is one of the few Brits Matt would choose over a foreigner so Poole fans just want him to do well.

I get the impression that the amount Poole fans rate him is too much and you are just trying to bring it down a bit. But Poole fans are supporting a Brit, it doesn't happen often, so maybe leave them to it!! ;):)

Newman rides better inthe tougher EL as his average clearly shows. He doesnt over ride like Garrity who locks up and brings riders off like last night. Newman is a much more accomplished rider and all that matters are his Poole scores. His PL average is only important for team building averages.

Steve the races he rides in the EL are not tougher, unlike the PL a tough bread/butter meeting everyweek why is Newman's PL averages generally quite modest.?