British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Live On Sky: Berwick V Workington, Monday, June 27th

Please, please please Sky, stay away from the PL. Absolute garbage on a track with follow the leader races. riders not capable of looking after their equipment and so many tapes infringments it was the ultimate borefest.

Some people prefer pl to el but for the life of me I would want paying to turn up to watch this guff.

ZzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz

your the first numpty to complain when Sky go to lakeside or wolves and we get crap meetings! Pooles ploughed field doesn't offer good racing either. Typical elite league snob who doesn't give a stuff for the sport as a whole. One bad meeting on sky and anyone whose team is in the elite league jump on the bandwagon. There are crap meetings in both leagues! This wasn't good but to say the elite league always is better racing is complete tosh
  • Like 5

Close? Close? :rofl: I gave up after heat 6 because I had see 6 gate and go races with the riders all so spread it out that there wasn't a hope in hell of a pass. The first time I think I have ever turned on a speedway meeting once I had started watching. That was dull, utterly dull unless it got better after the first 6 heats but I would imagine a lot of people turned off before then to watch the football.

Didn't help that the picture was abysmal. Flickering and jumping all over the place.

Still, we've had about a dozen meetings on TV this year, league, GP and even a British Final that was ruined because of rain and it's taken this long to get a naff meeting, its still a vintage season for TV meetings.

Hopefully it keeps some of the anti-snobs quiet for a while too. You get crap racing in all league/levels from time to time.

Yes close. Your own fault for giving up after heat 6 I guess. Kenneth Hansen trying every line to get past Danny Gappmaier in heat 7, Mason Campton passing both Berwick riders heat 8, Doolan and Vissing great race in heat 9, Tommy Jorgensen passing Ricky Wells in heat 11 and almost catching Mason Campton and Bellego passing Campton heat 15, then picking up a huge amount of drive and almost pulling off a hell of a pass of Wells in heat 15. Sorry if that's not enough for you.

You get nowhere near the experience on TV as you do of live speedway at Shielfield.

hope you enjoyed the football.

• Like 4

Haven`t watched a replay yet of last nights meeting but I think its fair to say it was exactly a classic and probably didn't make for good tv, bit of a first heat decider. That said when you get a poor team racing away at a team riding well and with confidence, and that team lives up to their poor rating then you get an easy home win. Roynon and Williamson should've stayed at home, and what looked like a capable top five, they were blown away by the home riders, so maybe a little bit of credit for Berwick please.

Sad to see at least one Workington rider taking to social media to blame his and his sides poor performance on Berwick, and its track, and another, this time a Plymouth rider criticising Berwick, but at least Mr Kurtz will get his chance this coming Saturday to show just how good a rider he is.

Nigel and Kelv have said that they come to Berwick because of how friendly the staff and fans are, they feel like they are not in the way or an annoyance to anyone unlike at some tracks, it is also quite easy for them to set up and looks very good on TV compared to other tracks

Correct, it should be celebrated that we have at least one track trying to attract the cameras to their track instead of some who appear to do anything possible to fight them off. Credit to Berwick at least for that, and by the amount of times Sky keep coming back it would appear they see the work being done by our promotion, staff, and fans.

• Like 4

Please, please please Sky, stay away from the PL. Absolute garbage on a track with follow the leader races. riders not capable of looking after their equipment and so many tapes infringments it was the ultimate borefest.

Some people prefer pl to el but for the life of me I would want paying to turn up to watch this guff.

ZzzzZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzz

To be honest SS you have had a nightmare on here this week the In/out debate and now this.Your track when can you honestly tell me the last good meeting at Wimbourne Rd the last time we see it Holder rightly slammed the track.You just see life in your own little bubble, no idea of the devide between North/South just things from your own-perspective.Speedway at whatever level you are going to see duff meetings, i openly admit at Swindon this year generally the entertainment level has been poor speedway on the whole needs to improve on that score.

It was utter crap. The away team were standing around laughing and looked like a bunch of idiots dragged off the street. It was shocking rubbish. But as long as you enjoyed it then fine. Worst meeting on tv this year by a country mile.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Is there a squarer corner than bend 4.

It's squarer than a square. I bet there have been some carnage on that bend with riders trying to cut under the rider in front

Edited by Phil The Ace

It was utter crap. The away team were standing around laughing and looked like a bunch of idiots dragged off the street. It was shocking rubbish. But as long as you enjoyed it then fine. Worst meeting on tv this year by a country mile.

have to agree with you s/s not a good advert .still hope weds g,tigs v e,mon should be ok

It's squarer than a square. I bet there have been some carnage on that bend with riders trying to cut under the rider in front

Actually no, there has never been a huge problem with bend four, much more accidents on the exciting of bend two but not this season so far. Bends three and four are normally excellent passing opportunities.

You are deluded it is like you believe at Poole everything is perfect and rosy and the rest of the sport is shabby.I admire Poole for what they have achieved they are the benchmark but your club has work to on/off the track as well. That meeting the other week was shocking two great pot holes on the first /Second bends and even experienced riders like Andersen/B.Pedersen could not handle it.There is a guy on here who i wont name, he is a speedway nut who i respect immensely he goes to Poole regular and he says the racing generally there is average at best.I suggest you get Poole's track back to a raceable state before you slate other tracks.
  • Like 2

like a broken record

it wasnt a good meeting and yes probably the worst on tv this season

doesnt mean that premier league is crap racing!! You get crap meetings at elite league level as well but funnily enough you dont mention those. Poole v Belle Vue wasnt much good because the track was the worst track ive ever seen.

• Like 2

As a neutral I must admit not one of the most exciting meetings on Sky, far to many restarts, and the narrowness of the track doesn't help, but for the home fans no doubt they were quite happy.

Any one would think from some of the comments that you rarely get poor meetings in the Elite league, from my experience watching all leagues you get good & bad meetings in them all, the bigger the track, usually the larger the gaps between riders.

How could you forget this Fromafar?

Edited by baba

Pies are very good, but worth paying an extra £15 for?

Hi all Not seen many meetings this year but watched this on TV. To get away from all the usual doom and gloom, glass half full, sad merchants who come on the forum (not picking on you Shads just that reply is linked in) I must say I was impressed with Austrian Gappmaier. A real bolt from blue. I dont suppose he has done any league racing? Racing certainly got better later in night and Heat 15 was scary at times.Anyhow you can all watch Iceland win Euro now!!

• Like 3

the bend itself is not square,but the exit is narrow which means the cut back has to be really good to come up the inside ,as you can see any decent moves are usually round the outside.The football pitch is main obstacle because a couple of metres of entrance and exits would make a huge difference to the quality of the racing ,unfortunately it will never happen.To compound the matter as Chris Louis alluded too that Theo said the track is being prepared slick in the last few weeks because that's what the riders like ,and it is a gating contest.On the bright side was impressed with Dany Gappmeir looks good for a 5 pt reserve.

Ps

If you think 3/4 bend at Berwick is square wait till you see the entrance to the 3/4 bend at Glasgow!!

Edited by Fromafar

i think that ws the first time ive ever turned off a speedway meeting

total rubbish,which shame as Berwick really pull out the stops when Sky visit

some brilliant tracks in the PL where the chance of good racing is much higher,please use them Sky!!