British Speedway Forum

Closed shop Steve, if you are not there you're not entitled to know what's said.....

That won't stop people making it up though, will it?

Some people are so spoilt.

Cold, concrete steps to sit on would be considered a LUXURY at Lakeside! ;)

We have to lick road clen wi' our tongues. Luxury

There was some enlightening words and comments expressed by the panel about the sport and the Bees, which would give some sense of balance to some of the rhetoric we have seen on this and other threads

So pleased to learn that you were 'enlightened'.

I assume therefore that they were able to confirm that:

- Belle Vue and the NSS now have a long term future; having been bought by a Chinese Billionaire

- Leicester have actually signed a team of riders - as someone's had 'a touch' on a scratch card

- Coventry have identified a new stadium; with works commencing in 2017

- same for Lakeside; with their demise to semi-pro racing just being a temporary measure

- second halves are going to be re-introduced

- all Speedway Stadia are going to be dragged screaming from their retro time-warp

- admission for 15-20 minutes worth of entertainment, being strung out across 21/2 - 3 hours, is going to be set at a realistic, affordable price

- the top riders in the World are going to be returning, cap in hand, to grace Premiership Speedway

- the powers that be have developed a marketing strategy that includes Speedway returning to ITV; and a way of attracting a new fanbase; who are not dependent upon plastic hips and colostomy bags (not to mention plastic seats)? ;)

• Like 3

Wish some of the posters here could have attended the NSSC Speedway Question Time evening at the Brandon Club tonight.

The panel consisted of Dave Rowe, Neil Vatcher, Graham Drury, Steve Brandon, Simon Stead, Tony Steele, Jim Lawrence and Jim Lynch who gave up their time to answer questions from a well attended audience, with proceeds going to Young Lions Speedway.

There was some enlightening words and comments expressed by the panel about the sport and the Bees, which would give some sense of balance to some of the rhetoric we have seen on this and other threads

Having made that statement, NSSC News, I think it would only be fair for you to explain what was said last night that prompts you to arrive at this conclusion.

Perhaps then, the purveyors of the rhetoric might see that there is more going on here than might be evident to us mere mortals.

I look forward to my Nirvana moment.

:t:

I've got a shed full of inflatable cushions that I'd be willing to hire out or sell for a reasonable fee.....guaranteed to stay inflated for at least as long as your average speedway meeting....

Unfortunately a meeting at Coventry is usually a bit longer than the average ....

Could make a bit of money if there was a kiosk selling pile cream though!! ;)

Unfortunately a meeting at Coventry is usually a bit longer than the average ....

Could make a bit of money if there was a kiosk selling pile cream though!! ;)

Just don't get it mixed up with a tube of Colgate......or you could end up with 'piles of smiles' and 'a ring of confidence'!

(Hopefully some will remember the advert)!

• Like 3

Do none of you lot have collapsible chairs at home you can take with you.

This is meant to be a professional sport with health and safety and facilities provided in a costly stadium.

This isn't a Wurzels gig!

This is meant to be a professional sport with health and safety and facilities provided in a costly stadium.

This isn't a Wurzels gig!

Yeah, right.

I think a certain venue in North Manchester cornered the market when it came to Elf and Safety and Costly........and that has turned out really well!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

The NSSC stuff always seems to be top secret

People that attends these never seem to disclose anything ever said

It's also lovely to hear from the NSSC having a pop at the forum members

If I didn't know better I'd of thought the group had links with the BSPA if this is how to conduct themselves

I thought Steve Brandon was excellent, top views and says it how it is.

So did Brando throw any light on whether Sky are still going to televise the 'non-Elite' league now? Or is he not high enough up the Sky food chain to be told yet?!

• Like 1

Brando is still the 'floor manager' for the productions.

A couple of my observations from a very enjoyable night at a packed NSSC Question Time.

Neil Vatcher confirmed that one of his main tasks this winter is to weed out the rules that conflict with others.

11 applicants for trainee referee positions to be interviewed next week.

No TR's in ANY aggregate matches, Premiership or Championship.

Brando questioned the sports attitude to Sponsors.......should be recognised as Corporate Partners as in most other sports and have their profile made more prominent, particularly in TV matches.

Brando also stated that over the years SKY had put millions of £'s into the sport but there was little indication of it being of benefit to the sport as a whole. (Mainly going to riders? he suggested.)

Positive thoughts from Jim Lynch now that the problems over Coventry stadium seem to have been resolved.

Seems he was involved in certain ways with the team building.

In my view, suggestions that this event could have been 'streamed' would have resulted in more guarded responses to certain questions put to the panel.

Well done to the NSSC and to the many fans who attended, boosting the funds for their Young Lions sponsorship.

• Like 4

Having made that statement, NSSC News, I think it would only be fair for you to explain what was said last night

I don't know if it's still the case, but historically something of the seal of the confessional applied at NSSC meetings in order that those answering the questions could speak freely without too much fear of comebacks. Not sure in this social media age if that's still the case.

If so Gambo, unless that post was somewhat guarded, may be something of a marked man, woman or bee...

This Coventry side doesnt look as bad as it did at first sight.

Maybe we will finish above Leicester and Swindon