British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Play Off Race - Top 4

Watching the scores over the last few weeks I now believe neither Poole or Belle Vuehave the firepower to counter Wolverhampton.

Bringing in Woffinden changes the playing field completely and turns them from semi finalists to favourites for the title. If there are any decent odds available get your money on them.

Their home advantage is enough to kill off most challenges, and they have extra fire power now to at least keep it close away from home at the other playoff clubs.

I think Matt has missed the opportunity of strengthening up like Wolves have. It is needed and it is unusual for him to let sentiment get in the way of making a move that is required to make a challenge.

If Wolves finish top, who will they chose? Get rid of Poole to have an easy final?

There isn't a cat in hells chance of Wolves finishing top.

Belle Vue and Poole are meeting each other three times, so at least one of them is going to be picking up pts. Their other fixtures are much more straight forward.

Wolves have 4 home matches left and if they win all of those they will have 58 points

Poole have 2 home matches left which they should win and they should win away at Leicester which would give them 56, plus away matches at Wolves and Belle Vue.

Belle Vue have 5 home matches left which they should win which would give them 64 points, plus an away match at Poole.

Therefore Belle Vue are still firm favourites to finish top.

• Like 2

Wolves have 4 home matches left and if they win all of those they will have 58 points

Poole have 2 home matches left which they should win and they should win away at Leicester which would give them 56, plus away matches at Wolves and Belle Vue.

Belle Vue have 5 home matches left which they should win which would give them 64 points, plus an away match at Poole.

So what`s changed from Belle Vue losing at home to Kings Lynn- to winning their remaining 5 home matches against better opposition in the main.

I don't agree with your logic.

A number of the matches still to be ridden involve the playoff teams e.g. Poole still have to go to Belle Vue (twice) and Wolves, Swindon at Lakeside and Belle Vue, Belle Vue at Poole.

So I think it is far from certain who will finish top. Poole haven't ridden the BV track so I don't know how you can say that BV should win.

It looks like 1 from 3 for top spot so not clear cut.

Hopefully Belle Vue will finish top, because if Swindon qualify they would probably pick us and that would be be our best chance of reaching the final (long shot though it still is).

Belle Vue and Poole have not looked too impressive lately, although Poole still held Swindon to about 8 despite not riding well. Wolves are, I feel, the favourites at the moment with Woffinden in the side and their notorious home advantage.

Don't rule out Swindon though. They are a very strange side. If (that's a big IF) they all click together they could be hard to beat. All 4 riders from 2 to 5 are capable of a big double score. All 4 are equally capable of being hopeless.

They could win. They could be dumped unceremoniously in the semis. They may not even qualify!

Wolves for me, though, at the moment.

• Like 2

Hopefully Belle Vue will finish top, because if Swindon qualify they would probably pick us and that would be be our best chance of reaching the final (long shot though it still is).

Belle Vue and Poole have not looked too impressive lately, although Poole still held Swindon to about 8 despite not riding well. Wolves are, I feel, the favourites at the moment with Woffinden in the side and their notorious home advantage.

Don't rule out Swindon though. They are a very strange side. If (that's a big IF) they all click together they could be hard to beat. All 4 riders from 2 to 5 are capable of a big double score. All 4 are equally capable of being hopeless.

They could win. They could be dumped unceremoniously in the semis. They may not even qualify!

Wolves for me, though, at the moment.

If Wolves and Lakeside make the playoffs then I think Poole and BV may falter in the semis. Swindon would seem an easier pick for whoever tops the table but as Grachan has said, if the Swindon team all click like we have seen in several matches (as well as total capitulation in others) then they shouldn't be written off.

When the 4 play-off contenders are finalised then I agree that Wolves on current form look to be the team to beat but all teams will raise their game in the semis and final and finishing top should be a priority so at least they have some level of control in their destiny.

Everybody can agree with that but unfortunately us fans are in the hands of the promoters.

Jokers, copious amounts of guests, poor track prep leading to cancellations, the play offs, crazy fixture planning, nonsense rules the list goes on of loss making decisions (both in terms of money and crowds) that us poor few have to endure as we cling on to the sport we love.

Like you say I'm all about the 60 seconds of adrenalin fuelled action. Block out the rest and it's as good as ever.

Very true the fans are in the hands of the promoters and looking at crowd numbers the fans are rebelling.

That only ususually happens with polish riders

Maybe it's the same scenario as Chris Holder, when he rode for Torun and not for Poole at Coventry in the ELA match??

• Like 1

There is no way Kings Lynn will beat Lakeside on Thursday so that would mean Swindon need to pick up something on the road.

Can't see that being at Wolves tonight.