British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

7.15 parade. 7.30 first race would work just fine.

And as star lady says, interval can tie in with sun break if necessary

I'm all for a 7.30 heat 1.

If there's people still queuing to get in at that time, it's simple - fook'm

• Like 1

Don't forget folk who have an hour or more to travel to meetings after finishing work at 1730, home by 1800, change, tea and up Lynn for 1930 .....

Don't forget folk who have an hour or more to travel to meetings after finishing work at 1730, home by 1800, change, tea and up Lynn for 1930 .....

Simple take your speedway clothes to work in a bag, change when you finish and eat at or near the stadium.

Change faster

Eat faster

Drive faster

Done :t:

• Like 1

Change faster

Eat faster

Drive faster

Done :t:

lol, just saying how important it is to cater for all fans on a Wednesday night ..... I'll be there at 1730 this week because I can ....

I don't think a quarter to eight start is too bad as long as they get on with it and it's all over and done with by quarter past nine or thereabouts.

I don't think a quarter to eight start is too bad as long as they get on with it and it's all over and done with by quarter past nine or thereabouts.

problem is they don't get on with it no urgency shown at all why not parade 7-20 first race 7-30 have a 15 minute interval and hopefully 9-15 job done . And if we started at 7.30 if there are falls tape ex whatever cause of a delay we not playing catch up on time if first race is 8 pm and we get delays that's what puts fans off as you no it's going to finnish late . All I want to see is some urgency to get the meeting started last season that was a joke as was Lamberts meeting .
  • Like 1

8pm first race - all done and out of the gates by 9.30 would be perfect.

I can't believe the amount of moaning about the times .. it was only Simon's testimonial so far this season and as I said testimonials will always take longer, when the team meetings start it will be back to normal

• Like 1

How much is the admission this season at the AFA? How much are programmes?

I can't believe the amount of moaning about the times .. it was only Simon's testimonial so far this season and as I said testimonials will always take longer, when the team meetings start it will be back to normal

It's not just Simon's testimonial

It's the way meetings have been run since the return to the top league.

There certainly is far more faffing about than the PL days, it can only really be put down to trying to get the tills dinging through food and drink.

There have been times where intervals have dragged on for near 30mins when in truth no interval is required at all.

The race day schedule should be the same for all and fits in with TV too and be strictly adhered to by the clerk of the course and referee:

From Ht1 2mins to Ht2 2mins - 5mins

Ht2 - 5mins

Ht3 - 5mins

Ht4 - 5mins

Break - 5mins (adverts - track grade)

Ht5 - 5mins

Ht6 - 5mins

Ht7 - 5mins

Ht8 - 5mins

Ht9 - 5mins

Ht10 - 5mins

Ht11 - 5mins

Ht12 - 5mins

Ht13 - 5mins

Ht14 - 5mins

Ht15 - 10mins (Inc advert, heat line-up, track grade)

= 1hr35mins

Anyone could accept that, the obvious further delays come with the sport but when things go smoothly there's no need for meetings to go beyond that time scale.

• Like 2

Trees if you can get to Poole for 7.30 surely Saddlebow should be a walk in the park lol

Why are you getting there at 17.30 this week, are the gates even open at that time or are you helping out on the tractor ?

Edited by semion

It's not just Simon's testimonial

It's the way meetings have been run since the return to the top league.

There certainly is far more faffing about than the PL days, it can only really be put down to trying to get the tills dinging through food and drink.

There have been times where intervals have dragged on for near 30mins when in truth no interval is required at all.

The race day schedule should be the same for all and fits in with TV too and be strictly adhered to by the clerk of the course and referee:

From Ht1 2mins to Ht2 2mins - 5mins

Ht2 - 5mins

Ht3 - 5mins

Ht4 - 5mins

Ht5 - 5mins

Ht6 - 5mins

Ht7 - 5mins

Ht8 - 5mins

Ht9 - 5mins

Ht10 - 5mins

Ht11 - 5mins

Ht12 - 5mins

Ht13 - 5mins

Ht14 - 5mins

Ht15 - 10mins (Inc advert, heat line-up, track grade)

= 1hr35mins

Anyone could accept that, the obvious further delays come with the sport but when things go smoothly there's no need for meetings to go beyond that time scale.

Whilst, on paper, this is fine for the most part (proper interval is missing though). Some tracks even have a similar schedule (with exact times) in the pits, but they very, very rarely keep to them.

Crashes, exclusions, James Sarjeant, track issues, SKY BT, injuries, R/R (2 on a trot), electrical/tape issues, and so on nearly always have an impact on the timings over the course of a meeting.

• Like 1