British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I think its time we start building for next season .

A funny lot the Kings Lynn supporters. I don't see them crying for Lambert's head after pulling out of a KL match & then riding in & winning the European u21's title. Double standards me thinks!

• Like 1

A funny lot the Kings Lynn supporters. I don't see them crying for Lambert's head after pulling out of a KL match & then riding in & winning the European u21's title. Double standards me thinks!

I think he prefers riding at Newcastle where nobody else does hence easier races .

Not exactly 24 hrs later though.He's doing basically what Doyle's been doing really.Missing meetings in hope of personal gain.

• Like 2

Not exactly 24 hrs later though.He's doing basically what Doyle's been doing really.Missing meetings in hope of personal gain.

And why not.?

When you are allowed to do so by the 'authorities' then do what you feel is right for you...

No No1? No problem, have a guest....

Who knows, it might even improve your team...😩

Edited by mikebv

Dont blame Lambert from withdrawing from the 2nd match ?? at Lynn on Wednesday. he whole thing was a complete fares and the chance of being Over 21 championship. would have been a chance to make it up for he meeting he has been left out of or lost because he had to prove it twice (Run Offs)

• Like 2

No don't blame Lambert need to blame whoever came up with the idea of running a double header against the same team , not sure what school of good business that person went too

• Like 1

No don't blame Lambert need to blame whoever came up with the idea of running a double header against the same team , not sure what school of good business that person went too

IF it was the head of the BSPA's idea ( and pushed through by him - encouraged by the "yes. you are right" acolytes ) then speedway Is doomed for sure. It is clear that that person whose idea it was, did not go to any kind of business school. And is far removed from the feelings of fans on the terraces.

Robert had ultra scans on his knee, rested it with heat and ice treatment too. His leg is still heavily strapped up. Kudos for him for giving it a go. He couldn't have ridden in the second meeting against wolves as his knee was very swollen.

Congrats to Robert for riding through the pain barrier and becoming European U21 Champion. He is not a rider to give up and he gives his all when he races whoever it may be for.

Oh and yes..... I am biased !!

Edited by whippy

Robert had ultra scans on his knee, rested it with heat and ice treatment too. His leg is still heavily strapped up. Kudos for him for giving it a go. He couldn't have ridden in the second meeting against wolves as his knee was very swollen.

Congrats to Robert for riding through the pain barrier and becoming European U21 Champion. He is not a rider to give up and he gives his all when he races whoever it may be for.

Oh and yes..... I am biased !!

Yes you are bias!! ..... Congratulations to Robert for winning the European title, But I have mixed feelings. I can understand his thoughts of 'What's the point', why should I bother to ride in a match of no hope or importance.

But on the other when your ship is sinking you need all hands on deck, including Roberts !!!! I agree this double fixture against the same team, was an accident waiting t happen, and that blame was down to one person...

• Like 1

Just coming to terms with Thursday night being the last time I'll see live speedway this year. Gets earlier and earlier every year.

Might have to venture south of the border to watch play offs at ippo

• Like 1

Just coming to terms with Thursday night being the last time I'll see live speedway this year. Gets earlier and earlier every year.

Might have to venture south of the border to watch play offs at ippo

The way things have gone of late, this could be the last time you see live speedway at Lynn .. EVER....

• Like 1

When Buster took over the BSPA I thought speedway was on a winner. Now I realise Buster is like most other promoters, a crook and a liar.

The way things have gone of late, this could be the last time you see live speedway at Lynn .. EVER....

I think that this will likely be the case. If the rumours of the New, new league structure of 12 teams in the top level Scooby Doo Doo league are correct for 2018 I can't see this working out either. Only if they dispense with the half a dozen overpaid GP level riders would it have half a chance. Even then another renamed "super league" will do nothing to attract new fans in itself.

I think that this will likely be the case. If the rumours of the New, new league structure of 12 teams in the top level Scooby Doo Doo league are correct for 2018 I can't see this working out either. Only if they dispense with the half a dozen overpaid GP level riders would it have half a chance. Even then another renamed "super league" will do nothing to attract new fans in itself.

they can re brand it re launch it they can do with it what they like but until promoters learn how to promote and respect fans nothing will change. It's dead in the water from what I can see
  • Like 3