British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Better than a mice pie!

Tell you my bloody laptop keyboard is getting worse it is missing letters and spaces

• Like 2

Sorry but I really don't believe that. If Speedway were as accessible as karting then I'd imagine James Shanes would be pretty low on the list of options.

It's irrelevant whether you believe it or not.

Do you go to much of the amateur scene racing? ?

It's a vibrant scene with plenty going on a regular basis. I know, I do too.

Only today over 30 riders were at Scunthorpe with 65 races in the winter series.

Besides the handful of established NL standard riders the rest are pure amateurs with a handful still looking for openings and the rest have little to no chance.

I should know, I'm one of them.

You get plenty amateurs turn up for practice sessions all thru the country all year long.

There are probably double as many amateurs as there are professional riders throughout the country.

Most won't get a ride in a team, but thankfully a handful will. I have the pleasure of watching them on a regular basis.

So like I said for a fact, most amateurs won't get close to a team place.

Kings Lynn could have had Bjerre and Schlein instead of Holder and their two pointer (probably Bailey). Would have been a much stronger team.

Remains to be seen how well Holder does but the reason he hasn't been retained by Poole is because his average is unachievable, that's no different for him at Kings Lynn and Poole will be the ones to benefit when he goes back there for 2018.

Schlein had a big fall out with the promoter and probably won't race for the club again.

As for Holder's unachievable average, it's for teambuilding purposes only. Teams won't be building to fifty in respect of any mid season changes.

11 months older than Lambert and only average a point more in the NL than Lambert did in the EL. If Lamberts gating is poor then Shanes has no words to describe his!

I have never seen James Shanes ride yet. He looks about 14 years old. Seems a very decent young man though and lives 100 yards from Kyle Newman who is a friend. Riders develope at different speeds. Who would have thought 5 years ago Jason Doyle was a knats dick away from being world champ?

James Shanes is a brilliant racer, unfortunately his gating is worse than Robert Lambert's

Guess we will see how he can do in a few months time. Luckily for him there's a lot of passing opportunities at Wimborne Road. If he is on the pace he has a chance.

Luckily for him there's a lot of passing opportunities at Wimborne Road...............

Yes I understand there are plenty of toilets round the place.

What's any of your post got to do with "KL Stars 2017"

Luckily for him there's a lot of passing opportunities at Wimborne Road.

the holes in the track make sure of that

• Like 1

the holes in the track make sure of that

No it's just a track you get a lot of passing on unlike Kings Lynn which is gate and go these days.

Edited by foreverblue

Chris Holder

Nicklas Porsing

Troy Batchelor

Lewis Rose

Robert Lambert

Kai Huckenbeck

We are assuming that Simon Lambert will be in other rider, without checking averages if he fits?

Have seen very little Porsing & Rose, I guess the hope is they can hold their own as second strings. Huckenbeck & S Lambert (if signed & fits) should be decent reserve duo, much better than most teams have. The hope must be that Holder isn't in average reduction mode, R Lambert steps ups to the next level he has been promising & Batchelor returns to form.

I think I'd take that 1-7 over most named currently.

Chris Holder

Nicklas Porsing

Troy Batchelor

Lewis Rose

Robert Lambert

Kai Huckenbeck

We are assuming that Simon Lambert will be in other rider, without checking averages if he fits?

Have seen very little Porsing & Rose, I guess the hope is they can hold their own as second strings. Huckenbeck & S Lambert (if signed & fits) should be decent reserve duo, much better than most teams have. The hope must be that Holder isn't in average reduction mode, R Lambert steps ups to the next level he has been promising & Batchelor returns to form.

Simon Lambert doesn't fit as you only have enough for 2pt rider

Lynn have 2.84 left. Not hard for Col to find on this forum if he looked.

Kings Lynn could have had Bjerre and Schlein instead of Holder and their two pointer (probably Bailey). Would have been a much stronger team.

Schlein and Bjerre would have been 0.02 over with those other five.

• Like 1

Yes I understand there are plenty of toilets round the place.

What's any of your post got to do with "KL Stars 2017"

He was responding to a gating comparison between Shanes and Lambert who i believe will be riding for Kings Lynn!

Chris Holder
Nicklas Porsing
Troy Batchelor
Lewis Rose
Robert Lambert
Kai Huckenbeck

Let's be honest, you've been pretty useless at this team building game

• Like 2

Lynn have 2.84 left. Not hard for Col to find on this forum if he looked.

Schlein and Bjerre would have been 0.02 over with those other five.

3.31 left,that is what was said at the meeting on Friday.We actually had 2.94 left but if you give Lambert and Rose a 2.5% discount on their averages this gives you 3.31.

Edited by tellboy

3.31 left,that is what was said at the meeting on Friday.We actually had 2.94 left but if you give Lambert and Rose a 2.5% discount on their averages this gives you 3.31.

Neither entitled tho are they?

Thought it was only for 3 years after leaving the NL was the new rule??