British Speedway Forum

I wish Shanes well even though he is at Poole :P.Have met him a couple of times through my daughter as they are friends.He seems a nice lad and maybe deserves his chance now.But maybe a spot in the Championship would be more beneficial to him at this point,because if things don't start well at Poole you can just see them turfing him out on his ear.

He is one of the best riders i have seen on the grass with no fear at all.

I agree with the turfing out bit some time's Matt not known for his loyalty

I'm not insulting the young lad, I'm saying he's not good enough yet. If he is good enough yet then it says a hell of a lot about Premiership speedway doesn't it?

If we're signing a 2 pointer at reserve then I think it's a disgrace that Chris Holder has been hung out to dry.

As i said Shanes is a tidy rider, never gives up and will be a real crowd pleaser. His gating is appalling though then he can over ride trying to get back on terms, hanging off the bike to much. Something Adam Ellis did when he first started at Ipswich. If he can iron that out and improve his gating he could be ok.

I agree with the Holder thing. Poole have signed a 2 pointer so plenty of room for Chris. Many alluded to the fact he had a fall out with Ford and this seems to be the case and the whole 'points limit' is a smoke screen. If Poole had adopted the strength in depth strategy like Rye House then yes i can see why Holder has been left out, however if the sign KK then its obvious to me the problem with Holder isnt just the average.

As i said Shanes is a tidy rider, never gives up and will be a real crowd pleaser. His gating is appalling though then he can over ride trying to get back on terms, hanging off the bike to much. Something Adam Ellis did when he first started at Ipswich. If he can iron that out and improve his gating he could be ok.

I agree with the Holder thing. Poole have signed a 2 pointer so plenty of room for Chris. Many alluded to the fact he had a fall out with Ford and this seems to be the case and the whole 'points limit' is a smoke screen. If Poole had adopted the strength in depth strategy like Rye House then yes i can see why Holder has been left out, however if the sign KK then its obvious to me the problem with Holder isnt just the average.

Was Holder left out because Ford could not repair there relationship? this side he has built is no great shakes.Also with Chris being in the side that would of really benefitted Jack i believe he will go on and have a good year cant see this Poole side winning the league.

I don't think it's the average but it is a very handy reason to use publicly. If he has got a few things sorted out then I'd be all for having him back.

Was Holder left out because Ford could not repair there relationship? this side he has built is no great shakes.Also with Chris being in the side that would of really benefitted Jack i believe he will go on and have a good year cant see this Poole side winning the league.

Take a look at other sides being put together, Sidney. These Poole options actually look quite decent. Scary isn't it!

As 2 pointers go, Shanes is a decent call. And is thrill a minute to even if he struggles to score a point and doesn't score a single point he'll entertain you trying and be no worse a signing than Jason Doyle is for Swindon who is going to lose 2 points!

I don't think it's the average but it is a very handy reason to use publicly. If he has got a few things sorted out then I'd be all for having him back.

You don't, i do, we use over one and a half points more for Chris Holder, points that can be better used further down, Kasprzak will be as good as Holder at home.

• Like 1

You don't, i do, we use over one and a half points more for Chris Holder, points that can be better used further down, Kasprzak will be as good as Holder at home.

...... but hopeless away!

There was only a .5 difference between KK home and away average in 2016.

• Like 1

Any rumoured 'fall-out' between the two was sorted mid season. Assuming Chris isn't riding elsewhere on a Wednesday then he'll be in the Poole pits as usual!! (Just not in kevlars,)

• Like 1

Kasprzak home average -8.22

Kasprzak away average -7.71

Pretty close really.

ETA.

Holder home average -9.23

Holder away average -7.54

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1

There was only a .5 difference between KK home and away average in 2016.

Yeah, but KK will average over 11.00 at home. He is currently the best rider in the world at Wimborne Road, in my opinion.

Back in 2012 when we had Ward, Holder and KK their home averages over the course of the season (as per speedway-stats.co.uk) were:

Ward - 11.27

KK - 11.12

Holder - 10.60

So the team predicted by Phil the Ace,

KK

Andersen

J.Holder

Kurtz

Klindt

Newman

Shanes

Is the 2017 Poole team??

Not very inspiring and will get slaughtered by Rye House!!!!

Rye wouldn’t win enough races against that side or even take enough heat advantages of that side to enable them to “slaughter” them.

Edited by Tyrion

With a 2 pointer put in now l would think Chris would have easily been fitted in I've never thought it was to do with average's anyway