British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Polish Ekstraliga Is Flexing Its Muscles

they dont have to do anything other than not select him though, No exclusivity clause etc all they need to say is if you ride in more than two countries you wont be selected in Poland that would be enough to get riders to do what they want and doesn't break any laws at all

they dont have to do anything other than not select him though, No exclusivity clause etc all they need to say is if you ride in more than two countries you wont be selected in Poland that would be enough to get riders to do what they want and doesn't break any laws at all

They could try and do that, but would any Ekstraliga club try to do so if hypothetically a top GP rider demanded such a term not to be in his contract? They know that without the services of said rider there would be a diminishment in points scored per match by their club and potential interest from the terraces if spectators realise that the top names woiuld be missing.

They could try and do that, but would any Ekstraliga club try to do so if hypothetically a top GP rider demanded such a term not to be in his contract? They know that without the services of said rider there would be a diminishment in points scored per match by their club and potential interest from the terraces if spectators realise that the top names woiuld be missing.

On the other hand could a rider afford not to sign considering a polish contract would probably be his main income in a season?

Tbh,i doubt if a Czech League or Bundesliga place would really count in all of this.What would it mean?3 or 4 meetings or 5-6.Not a big deal

Reading between the lines I think the giving Poland priority in fixtures could be the most important bit of these proposals- obviously there aren`t any problems with Sunday clashes.

However last season we saw the most Friday and Saturday fixtures for TV there has been- and could N sport and the Extraleague be saying we would like the matches spread over the weekend all on TV - Friday`s , Saturday`s and Monday possibly along with with keeping the 2 TV matches on Sunday`s.

Think that is what all this is about.Not about trying to stop him riding in Denmark or Czecho,but riding in Poland when they have a fixture.But i would guess they also want riders to turn up to practice as well.I know from talking to one rider who was against missing a meeting on saturday to turn up to train that it wasn't looked upon sympathetically if he then had a poor meeting.

Exactly again. I sell carrots but only if you won't buy carrots from my competition. The other guy sells carrots no matter what. Its just free market.

Good to know. Put me down for a dozen.....

• Like 1

Think that is what all this is about.Not about trying to stop him riding in Denmark or Czecho,but riding in Poland when they have a fixture.But i would guess they also want riders to turn up to practice as well.

That is exactly what's all about. Polish bosses want their riders when they are needed, for example for re-scheduled matches because the original were were cancelled due to rsin, etc.

That is exactly what's all about. Polish bosses want their riders when they are needed, for example for re-scheduled matches because the original were were cancelled due to rsin, etc.

Tough luck for the Polish teams then. They need to start to learn to respect the other leagues. A national federation shall not and cannot decide

when and were foreign riders ride. It is one thing if PZM/Ekstraliga have demands regarding the Polish riders but it is unacceptable if they have

the same demands for non-polish riders. I also don't think a practice can trump a meeting, regardless if it is a scheduled or postponed meeting.

Just to be clear - as there seems doubt on other forums/social media - is the latest proposed rule from the Poles that riders can ride in their 'home or domestic' league plus 2 others? Along with giving priority to Ekstraliga fixtures? Can somebody kindly clarify, cos riders like Woffy clearly have a different understanding that riders can only do Polish Ekstraliga plus 1 other - and hence he has given that as the reason he can't ride in the UK next year?!

Other riders such as Holder - already signed for Poland and Sweden - clearly see themselves still racing in the British EL!?

Edited by Skidder1

Google translation of Sportowefalty article

Three league for speedway riders in PGE Extraliga. There are other important changes!

On Tuesday, authorities PGE Ekstraligi met with clubs. It was discussed for the reduction of the number of players leagues. Later they were made final decisions on the rules, which will apply next year.

Jaroslaw Galewski

Jaroslaw Galewski
12 October 2016 14:42

Comment on  113

WP SportoweFakty / Tomasz Jocz

Since the season 2017 in PGE Extraliga will be effective limit leagues for players in accordance with the principle of 1 + 1 + 1. Each rider will be able to compete only in the Polish league, your league national (if it has one), and additionally also in a league of foreign, but on condition that it obtains from its consent to the first choice PGE Ekstraligi for superiors terms queues league in Poland .

What if players do not have their national leagues? For such players the league a priority to become the league Poland, in addition to contract in the Polish PGE extraligue to treat everyone the same way, they can also choose to season rozgrywkowy two leagues abroad, but from their two foreign clubs will also have to obtain written consent for priority PGE Ekstraligi for superiors terms in Poland, which will eventually collide with the calendar of international leagues. - Season 2017 is treated as a transitional aware that recently completed the game showed that in the case of superiors matches and starts players in four or five leagues, were enormous difficulties in finding new dates to be played - says Wojciech Stępniewski, president Ekstraligi speedway.

- Speedway riders will have to make choices, knowing that PGE Extraliga for them is definitely the best payer, they arouse the greatest interest of fans and television. I got feedback from many of them, Polish, as well as foreign, that limit the number of leagues is a good option and will cause a kind of a free labor market, which until now has been dominated by a limited number of players - he adds.

The proposed changes, which have been positively assessed by the shareholders Ekstraligi slag during the Communication Platform in Warsaw on October 11, must still be approved by the Polish Motor Union, and then find empowerment in the Rules Sport Speedway for the 2017 season.

Season 2017 will also be the status of "waiting player." It will be in every club PGE Ekstraligi only one Polish speedway (the age limit for 25-26 years - a decision does not fall), which will have to submit a declaration before the season about choosing one club from the second division. Such a player will be able to compete at the same time both in the PGE Extraliga, as well as in the second division

- The provision is aimed at the development of juniors, but also speedway, who after completing 21 years of age, have developed wings and become valuable players - explains Wojciech Stępniewski and adds that the exclusion from the status of "player waiting" Nice clubs PLZ is due to the fact not to interfere with the result of the direct sports facilities PGE Ekstraligi and not lead to a situation in which clubs compete against each other to win a particular speedway rider.

From next year's season at PGE Extraliga will apply the new rules receiving cinder track before the competition. From four hours before the scheduled start of the game, in a situation of optimal weather conditions, after the official reception of the track, the track can not be done any more work (with the exception of irrigation with water). - Together with GKSŻ we want to fine-tune the solution so that the organizer does not put against the wall, the Commissioner of the track or the judge regarding whether the track is safe or not, and at a time when the stands are already fans. Additional two hours will be an opportunity for the organizer to avoid a walkover when the commissioner and the judge deem as dangerous track for four hours before the competition. In the new pattern book of the track will disappear also 4-stage evaluation of the track. The situation will be a zero - the ones-either track is safe or not. Against such competition as such. SGP or SEC tracks are already ready in the morning, therefore the league can also be done earlier. Of course, we are talking about a situation where there was no match threatened because of rainfall says Thomas Wojciech Stępniewski.

This is all the conclusions from the meeting of clubs PGE Ekstraligi. Details will be worked out over the next few weeks. - We also want the judge or commissioner in matters of the track, in the course of its preparation, seemed command in writing, according to the principle: "there is no letter, no command." Too much was a situation where the organizer blamed the condition of the track Commissioner claiming that the Commissioner what he ordered, in turn, the Commissioner argued that no command seemed. From now on the case will be clear - ends Stępniewski.

Since the season 2017 will be introduced at the same time compulsory monitoring the weather at the stadium PGE Ekstraligi, which will be equipped with stations for monitoring weather conditions with access to the Internet. This is to eliminate conflicting opinions regarding the weather conditions at the stadium in the period preceding the competition. At the same time in the 2017 season in the Rules Sport Speedway will be a recommendation for the new portal with weather forecasts for matches:

Don't we all, tbh riders will always put Poland first because they don't wanna miss out on the paydays. For Polish Speedway to be so selfish towards the other leagues is just not on ....... if the sun doesn't carry on shining for Polish speedway the other leagues/promoters won't forget this rule ....

Don't we all, tbh riders will always put Poland first because they don't wanna miss out on the paydays. For Polish Speedway to be so selfish towards the other leagues is just not on ....... if the sun doesn't carry on shining for Polish speedway the other leagues/promoters won't forget this rule ....

I guess just like others don't forget what the British League tried to do when the sun was shining on them

• Like 3

I remember in the 80s,lots of whingeing from promoters about foreign riders missing bl meetings due to overseas commitments and saying only riders willing to prioritise bl shoukd be given team places. Now the boot is on the other foot and polish clubs paying a premium are asking riders to prioritise their league. I still fail to see how this is unreasonable.

I could pay a builder a premium and expect him to prioritise my job over other jobs he may have on offer.

• Like 1

I remember in the 80s,lots of whingeing from promoters about foreign riders missing bl meetings due to overseas commitments and saying only riders willing to prioritise bl shoukd be given team places. Now the boot is on the other foot and polish clubs paying a premium are asking riders to prioritise their league. I still fail to see how this is unreasonable.

I could pay a builder a premium and expect him to prioritise my job over other jobs he may have on offer.

Did the British promoters actually vote for that rule though? Even if they did, two wrongs don't make a right. I wouldn't mind so much if any rider didn't put their Polish club first because they bloody do for obvious reasons.

I think Poland are running their ship correctly for their very expensive business.

Outside of Individual events the Ekstraliga is the place to be followed by Sweden.

I have no issue and congratulate PZM in pushing on with it.

• Like 1