British Speedway Forum

Very enjoyable meeting with justice served up nicely.

A 17 year old Russian comes charging onto the scene like a breath of fresh air. I bet several Polish promoters are talking to him right now about a berth in their team. Well done Chuganov. Why can't we produce a rider like that? Even skint GB have more money than the Ruskies!

Hopefully a medal tomorrow for the lads but it will be very tough. Looking forward to the final very much. Lets hope its not an exhibition of gate and win from the Poles. That would be an anti climax.

Brilliant ride from Becker to win the last heat too

this World cup has certainly had a few shock results, been great

• Like 2

What a truly fantastic meeting. The scoreline does not do it justice.

For many years I'd get behind Australia for events like these, but as of late I find their entire team wholly uninspiring. A very pessimistic and whiny team, quick to blame everybody and everything but themselves. A team that seems incapable of responding with any style or commitment once their sensitive and over inflated egos receiving a slight bruising.

Despite Kelvin and Nigel saying nobody had predicted tonight, I had predicted it from the start! The young Russians and Latvians put on a display like no other. Grit, determination and some massive boll0cks from every rider. I hope the Russians can take it to the Poles and Swedes tomorrow and take the victory. That's not to say I don't want Team GB to win, but I really would be surprised if they come away from tomorrows meeting with as many points as the American's scored tonight!

Oh, and hats off to Becker for that sublime ride at the end.

• Like 2

Well done to all the riders for serving up,some good racing. Shame about the Australians but hey ho, good to have the Russians in the final and while Poland look odds on I suspect that they have a slight worry over them giving the Poles the odd tough race. With these emerging teams, is it not time that England held a few test matches against the Latvians and the Russians and UK looked beyond the usual suspects. It worked long back when The Daily Mirror sponsored a world event and I watched Russia ride at Hackney. That was a proper world team championship. Good luck to all the competing teams tomorrow and hopefully another round of close exciting racing

• Like 3

What a truly fantastic meeting. The scoreline does not do it justice.

For many years I'd get behind Australia for events like these, but as of late I find their entire team wholly uninspiring. A very pessimistic and whiny team, quick to blame everybody and everything but themselves. A team that seems incapable of responding with any style or commitment once their sensitive and over inflated egos receiving a slight bruising.

Despite Kelvin and Nigel saying nobody had predicted tonight, I had predicted it from the start! The young Russians and Latvians put on a display like no other. Grit, determination and some massive boll0cks from every rider. I hope the Russians can take it to the Poles and Swedes tomorrow and take the victory. That's not to say I don't want Team GB to win, but I really would be surprised if they come away from tomorrows meeting with as many points as the American's scored tonight!

Oh, and hats off to Becker for that sublime ride at the end.

The other day you disagreed with my view on Lemo as TM , surely it starts from the top down and he has little control over his riders which surely isn't good enough?

The other day you disagreed with my view on Lemo as TM , surely it starts from the top down and he has little control over his riders which surely isn't good enough?

What's it got to do with Lemo? He doesn't control their personalities.

And so to the Final, can`t see past Poland and probably/possibly by a record score. I take Russia to take the silver medals with Sweden bronze.

In the days of Crump, Adams, Wiltshire and Lyons I lived the Aussies but since that lot retired they've been replaced by a bunch of moany, arrogant gits. So I loved tonight :D

Another top class meeting on a race track. Aussies well and truly stuffed, rather enjoyable at the end when struggling to hold places.

Russia and Latvia certainly provided lots of entertainment Tuesday and tonight. Well done to Chugunov, hopefully he will make it to the top. He can gate and ride fast, obviously lacking experience but that will come. 17 year old, GB needs to be bold to promote a promising youngster.

The Joker is a real joke, made more so by the antics tonight by Batchelor, obviously thats been done before and the loophole closed, but I agree cheating to get the joker played surely means they loose it completely.

I look forward to tomorrow night.

I agree with whoever said GB needs to be holding international home and away to give youngsters a great experience. Yes, Russia and latvia, but Czech, Italy, Germany, France, even Sweden and Denmark. let the Poles have it for a few years, but it will be GB time again, likewise, Denmark, Sweden etc

• Like 1

Looking forward to getting home to watch this. Who'd have thought the Laguta-less Russians could pull out the stops?

This Chugunov looks quite some prospect!

• Like 1

First 8 races were a little pedestrian.

The last 12 made up for it with some great racing.

chuganov was definitely not chug chug chugging along .. brilliant display for a17 year old.

Delighted for Russia... they deserved it being a man down and winning the meeting.

I know the doping results were known on Wednesday... but when was the actual offence ?

My prediction for the final is that team Gb will be last with less points than the USA.

Poland to win , Russia second & Sweden third

I take it you mean less than the USA got tonight.....Your glass is wayyy below half empty

A 17 year old Russian comes charging onto the scene like a breath of fresh air. I bet several Polish promoters are talking to him right now about a berth in their team. Well done Chuganov. Why can't we produce a rider like that? Even skint GB have more money than the Ruskies!

He's not a complete unknown and is already signed in Poland. He's in the Lodz squad this year, although they haven't used him in a league match so far this season. I guess they may give that some further consideration after his performance today.

Last season he was signed by Torun as a 16 year old, so they obviously saw something worthwhile in him even at that age.

Another good meeting in the SWC , welll done to Russia.

A very good reason to dump the Joker..... oh and the TR rule!!!!