British Speedway Forum

Not a good idea to have Cook and Lindgren too close together.

No, I'm in Scotchland.

I realise it's grim up North but I can guarantee you Manchester has it's own international airport.

It has an international Airport, which is about 15 miles South of the city. Driving to the airport from the South is fine, beyond that it all turns awful.

It has an international Airport, which is about 15 miles South of the city. Driving to the airport from the South is fine, beyond that it all turns awful.

The airport is 8 miles from the centre of Manchester, it's one road all the way, a dual carriageway that becomes a motorway for the last 3 miles or so. 25 minutes drive in traffic.

Driving to it from the south invariably means using the M6/M56 but there are alternatives, A34 for example.

• Like 1

I thought I was on AA Roadwatch for a minute or plane spotters anonymous :wink:

I thought I was on AA Roadwatch for a minute or plane spotters anonymous :wink:

Well he was dissing my City.. :nono::t:

• Like 1

The profit and loss of speedway clubs including Belle Vue will absolutely shock you.

In what way? The size of loss or that they make a profit?

The profit and loss of speedway clubs including Belle Vue will absolutely shock you.

It surely depends on which set of accounts you are shown?! ;-)

Not forgetting what type/size of car the promoter drives!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

After Cook's OTT reaction, you're right.

I'm sure they be fine arch rivals suddenly become teammates isn't that usual

Never gonna happen but fast Freddie would be a outstanding number 1 round the NSS

I'm sure they be fine arch rivals suddenly become teammates isn't that usual

Never gonna happen but fast Freddie would be a outstanding number 1 round the NSS

Oh I agree, no chance of it happening but he would be outstanding round there yes. It's his sort of track really. Edited by Perton Wolf

This question is do both Worrall's come in on half their converted PL average as both have spent time in the reserve berth or just Steve because he was the EDR?

My point is:

A top rider rides in Poland. Flies into Manchester airport, Rides at Belle Vue. Flies back. This guy ain't driving down South.

My point is:

A top rider rides in Poland. Flies into Manchester airport, Rides at Belle Vue. Flies back. This guy ain't driving down South.

BV isn't the only team with such major transport links though, Birmingham Airport is not far from Wolverhampton.

The whole airport distance/convenience debate doesn't seem to have made much difference in top riders considering if they want to ride in the UK anyway.