British Speedway Forum

Clegg said he needs to improve on big tracks.

Quitting the NL and riding Armadale and Monmore every week isn't going to help him.

Greaves is just rubbish to put it politely even the Sheffield fans are saying it on their thread.

Agree regarding Greaves.

There were actually no 7's just as weak, if not weaker in the late 80's, early 90's in the top flight.

Of course the rest of the relevant teams were far stronger.

Absolutely. I can remember the likes of Adrian Stevens, Roger Horspool, Darren Spicer, Emerson Fairweather and Robert Ledwith at Lynn.

Adrian Stevens was supposed to be the next big thing

Now there's a blast from the past. He was at Arena Essex in about 1988. First meeting away at Hackney at number 7, he scored 0,0,0,0. We all thought we were in for a treat, how wrong were we!

Absolutely. I can remember the likes of Adrian Stevens, Roger Horspool, Darren Spicer, Emerson Fairweather and Robert Ledwith at Lynn.

Rob Ledwith wasn't too bad, machinery let him down. He beat Martin Dugard round Eastie, which prompted Dugard to t-bone him after the race had finished!

Sorry to hijack the Wolves thread!

First meeting away at Hackney at number 7, he scored 0,0,0,0. We all thought we were in for a treat, how wrong were we!

I believe Hans Nielsen's first meeting for Wolves went much the same way. He did pick up a bit afterwards, mind...

• Like 1

I don't think Gater 1 knows what team he supports it used to be Peterborough in his Kenny Bjerre lover days!

Until Kenny The Bjerre too out an injunction on the stalker
  • Like 2

Quitting the NL and riding Armadale and Monmore every week isn't going to help him.

Greaves is just rubbish to put it politely even the Sheffield fans are saying it on their thread.

Aren't you a NEG head.The young lad deserves a chance.

I bet your the sort of person who ,in your career ,believes your the best at everything but in reality your "RUBBISH" and in your sad pathetic life you have to put others down to make up for your inability to succeed in your own life.

Aren't you a NEG head.The young lad deserves a chance.

I bet your the sort of person who ,in your career ,believes your the best at everything but in reality your "RUBBISH" and in your sad pathetic life you have to put others down to make up for your inability to succeed in your own life.

• Like 2

Someone's had a bad night haven't they?

Just telling you a fact. Not my problem if you cant handle the truth.

Armadale = Small track

Monmore = Small track

How is Clegg going to achieve his goal when he is riding small tracks all of the time?

Perhaps outofdarkness was commenting on your cogent and reasoned analysis of Nathan Greaves' prospects?

• Like 1

In shock quote frankly, awful team considering what CVS & Adams should have signed. Clegg should have been the best #7 in league next year, but no, he is not going to be the best #6... Wolves were had on a plate the most average efficient #1 in Lindgren on 10.09 or whatever his average is. The Skornicki signing I can understand on that average in this league. But not with the what they had previously signed. Happy 5th Place for the Dogs.

Edited by Col

In shock quote frankly, awful team considering what CVS & Adams should have signed. Clegg should have been the best #7 in league next year, but no, he is not going to be the best #6... Wolves were had on a plate the most average efficient #1 in Lindgren on 10.09 or whatever his average is. The Skornicki signing I can understand on that average in this league. But not with the what they had previously signed. Happy 5th Place for the Dogs.

And in other news most people are rating wolves a top 4 side.

• Like 4

And in other news most people are rating wolves a top 4 side.

You are. But I am not either. They might get in the playoffs but the team isn't very good and three teams look definately better. Depends what Belle Vue and Leicester come up with before making a final judgement but Wolves look also rans.

Just my opinion and nothing more.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

You are. But I am not either. They might get in the playoffs but the team isn't very good and three teams look definately better. Depends what Belle Vue and Leicester come up with before making a final judgement but Wolves look also rans.

That's what people said this time last year, how did those predictions pan out ? :D

• Like 1

your entitled to an opinion..........just its always the same how other teams look poor and there is never any problems with the Poole team.

You can count on 1 hand the number of people who think Wolves look also rans...........and predictably one of them is you

That's what people said this time last year, how did those predictions pan out ? :D

They were until they swapped Kylmakorpi with Woffinden. The would never have won the league had that change not happened. This year they won't be able to do it as the rules have changed.

They were until they swapped Kylmakorpi with Woffinden. The would never have won the league had that change not happened. This year they won't be able to do it as the rules have changed.

Not sure woffinden made that much difference, didn't pull up any trees on his home track.

• Like 2