British Speedway Forum
mac101

Sky To Pull Out.

I have a day out of the office at a broadcast expo show in London and one of the first people I bump into was Sky Sports Speedway executive producer he had some very interesting things to say about British Speedway and how it should move forward

Edited by flagrag

From Speedway GP site

" 30/01/2014, 08:38

Sky Sports will show exclusive live coverage of the British Elite League after agreeing a deal to televise at least 25 meetings per season for the next five years.

The deal with the British Speedway Promoters Association means Sky Sports viewers will be able to follow every Elite League season until at least 2019."

So if we have no speedway on Sky this year, what sort of deal has been done to release Sky from the contract?

Have sky got out of the contract, by pointing out that there is no longer a league called the British Elite League? Did the promoters drop a clanger in re-naming the top tier league?

I have a day out of the office at a broadcast expo show in London and one of the first people I bump into was Sky Sports Speedway executive producer he had some very interesting things to say about British Speedway and how it should move forward

​Obviously you cannot give detail about a private conversation, but maybe just a small hint as to if the SKY person is impressed or otherwise with current British speedway?

​Obviously you cannot give detail about a private conversation, but maybe just a small hint as to if the SKY person is impressed or otherwise with current British speedway?

he would have to be a lunatic to be impressed with the current state of british speedway!
  • Like 2

Just spoken to both BT and SKY....The lady at BT said they are showing the Speedway GPs and World Cup through to 2018. As of today ...NO PLANS for UK league meetings.......The lady at Sky....said there WOULD be live Speedway again this year but when pressed about it, she was vague about exactly what would be shown....league meetings as usual or just a one off meeting.....Guess it can all change if there is ongoing talks......For BT sports I use ....www.vipbox.nu never had a problem

british speedway will be extinct in 5 yrs

I think your right as in league professional speedway as we know it.

I think the sport will survive but on a amateur basis, its going to have to re-group, re-brand and be re-born to try and get back to the dizzy heights it once held.

• Like 1

His thoughts would be interesting to know

......Grand Central.....The sub continent folk were abysmal on the many attempts to solve the issues with my two boxes and they just kept making it worse. But I twigged that they also seem to alternate with a Scottish call centre as well. Especially at weekends and late nights. The couple of calls I had with those guys went fine and sorted everything out quite easily.

You can understand the Scottish people? :blink:..... :D

I think you will find that someone would not be able to commentate and work for Sky and Bt- tv companies tend to not like rivals- the BBC and bt is an exception. If you name someone who works for Sky and bt i would happily accept i am wrong.

Not that unusual as most of ITV sport is currently anchored by staff associated wit the BBC - Mark Pougatch, Jacqui Oatley spring to mind

A word of warning for those thinking that if they get a dodgy box to give them free pirated content of pay-TV channels, various police forces are conducting campaigns against the sellers of these boxes and arrests have been made. Note, that is only those selling them, not using them.

Users are being identified by Internet Service Providers who are sending out gentle warnings, at least at first.

These boxes offer the world and sometimes give it, but usually not for long, by which time the chances of you getting your money back from the 'trader' are pretty limited. Kodi apps are notoriously short-term and unreliable in nature and while Kodi itself is perfectly above the law the abuse by the creators of third-party software isn't. Picture quality is questionable and buffering frequent.

Of course some will have boxes that have served them well and they get reliable pictures. Many haven't.

It's a bit like fitting a box to your meter to get free electricity - many get away with it but plenty are conned by crooks.

So much depends on your views on what is wright or wrong.

Buyer beware.

those dodgy traders would be Amazon then , cause you can get a stick from them and add the rest yourself free of charge , so if as you say kodi fails you still have your perfectly working firestick

Firestick Or a chrome cast it's simple to reprogram add what ever you want amazon are now bringing out a new fire stick to try stop this but I know people that have had one and had it a good while and never had any probs you can look on you tube and see how to do it it's pretty simple these new boxs are amazing the reprogram it if goes off

The boxes themselves are not illegal but those loaded with Kodi and apps to allow free access to pay-TV certainly are.

Are Amazon really selling illegal boxes? Somehow I do doubt that.

you don't need a box just an Amazon firestick and you load kodi on yourself, the video to load them is on YouTube,

Yes you might have a perfectly-working Fire stick, that you've paid over the odds for and has been tampered with.

you don't pay over the odds for them you buy them off amazon Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

Well av just been to asda and bought 2 x 10" 'create your own' pizza's,,, for years av paid 4 quid.

They cost me £5.20, cos the 2 for £4 deal wasn't on !!!,,, now thats wrong, there should have been a bullit-in on the news to make folk aware of it,,, ffffing disgrace :(

• Like 1

Well av just been to asda and bought 2 x 10" 'create your own' pizza's,,, for years av paid 4 quid.

They cost me £5.20, cos the 2 for £4 deal wasn't on !!!,,, now thats wrong, there should have been a bullit-in on the news to make folk aware of it,,, ffffing disgrace :(

Well technically you're not breaking the law by buying those pizzas but if you modify them in any way, seasoning, extra cheese etc, then you could be in trouble. It's not for me to tell others the rights and wrongs, if your conscience allows you to eat them then so be it, my main concern is to let those who are not so savvy, know of the pitfalls, it's what I do, I'm good like that.

Anyway, I'll leave it there if you're ok with that.

• Like 3

Well technically you're not breaking the law by buying those pizzas but if you modify them in any way, seasoning, extra cheese etc, then you could be in trouble. It's not for me to tell others the rights and wrongs, if your conscience allows you to eat them then so be it, my main concern is to let those who are not so savvy, know of the pitfalls, it's what I do, I'm good like that.

Anyway, I'll leave it there if you're ok with that.

The ability of forum users to miss the point, often quite deliberately just to make cheap points is beyond belief. I posted what I did to warn people who may not know what is actually involved in buying and using these boxes to help people. As usual it gets twisted. I've deleted all posts since there really is no point in trying to reason with unreasonable people.

Anyone who wonders why TV advertisers and sponsors shun speedway only need to take a look at these forums to know they're wise to keep well clear.

you don't need a box just an Amazon firestick and you load kodi on yourself, the video to load them is on YouTube,

you don't pay over the odds for them you buy them off amazon

NOT THE ONES THAT CLAIM TO GIVE FREE TV, FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!

Stick to speedway Dean, your views on that are very welcome but you haven't got a clue here.

Edited by rmc