British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Stars Vs Leicester 10/05/17

Hard one to call this, What on paper, should have been a relatively easy home win, has now becomes a massively important fixture. Although a win would be nice, the result is not as important as the way the team performs. and show everybody the united front that is essential, if the season is to be reckoned with....

The team is lacking is confidence, but a huge win would go a long way to rebuilding the supporters morale, if not the team..

They use to say ' Happiness is 40 -38 ' but we need more than that.....

Prediction : Solid home win, ...

Edited by GRW123

As GWR says - " Although a win would be nice, the result is not as important as the way the team performs. and show everybody the united front that is essential, if the season is to be reckoned with"

That is the most important thing re this fixture - I personally am not bothered about the score but need to see some good, close racing with passing and on track efforts by all of the team. If the racing were to be like the BV match I doubt that I would go again this season and that is the biggest problem for the promotion, if more fans lose faith in what the Stars have to offer.

• Like 2

Badly need a home win to get the season back on track. Need some decent racing as well. The first should be ok, by 6 to 8 points, jury out on quality of racing

They use to say ' Happiness is 40 -38 '

Ah, the good old 13 heat matches!

• Like 1

Lynn was tipped to be a contender.Now the fans are hoping for a good show at home to Leicester(No offence to the Lions).

Hope there's a change in the pipeline.

Stars need to win against Leicester to boost moral. The quality of racing can't be any worse than against Belle Vue.

I don't think that KL are about to make any significant change ( except at No. 7 ) because they rarely have in the past and a very conservative ( small C ) style has always been dominant in the thinking there, But what seems to be lacking now is the entertainment factor in the racing. Losing is no big problem if it is a close, well fought match with the kind of racing that pulls fan's back to watch next week ( or whenever the next match is nowadays! )

• Like 1

I don't think that KL are about to make any significant change ( except at No. 7 ) because they rarely have in the past and a very conservative ( small C ) style has always been dominant in the thinking there, But what seems to be lacking now is the entertainment factor in the racing. Losing is no big problem if it is a close, well fought match with the kind of racing that pulls fan's back to watch next week ( or whenever the next match is nowadays! )

ovbviosly all fans want to win but for me that's a bonus it's all about being entertained and feeling it's been a good night out sadly I've not felt that this season .
  • Like 1

Sounds very much like you might not be visiting Saddlebow much more, if you aint being entertained Haza ?

Why is the Stars website always so slow off the mark? 48 hours before the next Premiership match and nothing as yet about lineups etc. Not really whetting the appetite of fans, which considering the previous home defeat, the promotion should be stoking up the fires of enthusiasm for it by now, IMHO.

• Like 2

Sounds very much like you might not be visiting Saddlebow much more, if you aint being entertained Haza ?

didn't make the Belle Vue meeting and to be honest what I've read about it I didn't miss much - will be going on Wednesday but I would like to see more than follow the leader .

Why is the Stars website always so slow off the mark? 48 hours before the next Premiership match and nothing as yet about lineups etc. Not really whetting the appetite of fans, which considering the previous home defeat, the promotion should be stoking up the fires of enthusiasm for it by now, IMHO.

nothing new there the promotion hasn't stoked the fire with enthusiasm for two seasons now . But do agree with what your saying .

To be frank the Supporters Club are far more informative than the club.

• Like 1

As GWR says - " Although a win would be nice, the result is not as important as the way the team performs. and show everybody the united front that is essential, if the season is to be reckoned with"

That is the most important thing re this fixture - I personally am not bothered about the score but need to see some good, close racing with passing and on track efforts by all of the team. If the racing were to be like the BV match I doubt that I would go again this season and that is the biggest problem for the promotion, if more fans lose faith in what the Stars have to offer.

I went to the BV match but I've got something far more exciting lined up for Wednesday - I'm staying at home to watch the grass grow! :sad:

• Like 1

To be frank the Supporters Club are far more informative than the club.

but the promotion wants our money as we pass through the gate why are fans taken so much for granted that's what I don't get

I went to the BV match but I've got something far more exciting lined up for Wednesday - I'm staying at home to watch the grass grow! :sad:

is that really how bad it was ? We had the finest race track in the country at one time .
  • Like 1

They need a Chapman Junior type back in the fold. I thought now Rob Lyon was no longer Team manager he should have more time to devote to the marketing side. Cant expect Buster to do everything, not with his BSPA role and also sorting the track.

• Like 2