British Speedway Forum
chunky

Educational Benefits Of The Bsf

I've always considered myself a pretty intelligent person, but it's amazing just how much I have learned just from spending a few years on the BSF! Not just about speedway, either...

Two of the most important things I have learned are :

Winning two World Championships and finishing runner-up in another (which no other British rider has ever achieved) does not even make you ONE of the best British World Champions.

Being born in Britain, to British parents, means nothing; just because you spent a few years in Australia because your parents moved there, means you are automatically Australian.

Oh, and something else I have learned:

Every poster on the BSF is right...

Steve

Edited by chunky
  • Like 8

Yup I can see the sense for an English guy choosing to adorn his body with Aussie tattoo.

• Like 2

I've always considered myself a pretty intelligent person, but it's amazing just how much I have learned just from spending a few years on the BSF! Not just about speedway, either...

Winning two World Championships and finishing runner-up in another (which no other British rider has ever achieved) does not even make you ONE of the best British World Champions.

Being born in Britain, to British parents, means nothing; just because you spent a few years in Australia because your parents moved there, means you are automatically Australian.

Steve

Interesting thoughts - perhaps they're worthy of further discussion?

Yup I can see the sense for an English guy choosing to adorn his body with Aussie tattoo.

Well, using your logic, that means that a guy choosing to have a tattoo of a girl indicates that he would want to be one... :P

Steve

• Like 8

Steve

Me especially........................................... :o;)

• Like 1

Why does this always shock people? Anyone who gets upset about this I always read as, "I post stuff I know is wrong. Don't listen to me" 🤦‍♂️

It's very educational on here , since I joined I now know all sorts of way to insult others that I never knew before lol

• Like 1

It's very educational on here , since I joined I now know all sorts of way to insult others that I never knew before lol

...yes and don't refer to anybody as old!!

Steve

Some things Ive learnt

Tai Woffinden,s record in the GP series makes him one of Britain's best World Champions

Just because you are the best is no guarantee you are the most popular

You can be born in Britain to British parents but when you belt out the Aussie national anthem but don't sing the British one you leave yourself open to people putting 2 and 2 together

Don't think by riding in the World Championship you are doing your country a favour, Its an individual championship,Its only a reference to where you were born. Some riders have represented 2 different countries , It don't mean much

To exclude yourself from riding in the World cup then declare yourself available for the World games on your home track in Poland says you are playing games with the BSPA and British fans, and your reasons for World Cup omission is probably no more than a convenient smokescreen.

Britain expects more of its best rider than to simply ride in the GP. All the other riders in Europe ride in their National championship and in the World Cup. Its 5 meetings maximum in a year its not too much to ask

• Like 4

..and is it wrong of me to secretly enjoy watching him not have things his own way in the world championship? :wink:

• Like 6

I have learnt a lot about human nature including the dark, intolerant side of some posters who are instantly dismissive of the opinion of others. Annonimity emboldens some of them more than if they were discussing the topic in person - or perhaps they are aggressive bullies in real life? It takes all sorts of course and most of all makes it a surety that every topic has polarised views about about with hardline beliefs restrict thoughtful exchange of those differing views. Thankfully there is enough humour to soften the overall impression for new posters. That its the banter of the terraces or the banter that I remember most and happily.

• Like 2

I have learnt a lot about human nature including the dark, intolerant side of some posters who are instantly dismissive of the opinion of others. Annonimity emboldens some of them more than if they were discussing the topic in person - or perhaps they are aggressive bullies in real life? It takes all sorts of course and most of all makes it a surety that every topic has polarised views about about with hardline beliefs restrict thoughtful exchange of those differing views. Thankfully there is enough humour to soften the overall impression for new posters. That its the banter of the terraces or the banter that I remember most and happily.

Agree. Public Forums, no matter what the subject matter, are about people offering personal opinions which may not be the opinion of someone else. Doesn't make their opinion wrong or worthless but there are some who think their opinion is always the right one and anybody who dares challenge their view are wrong.

Problem is that anything political tends to get very emotive as we are finding at present on other threads...to which many of us are guilty!

• Like 2

Agree. Public Forums, no matter what the subject matter, are about people offering personal opinions which may not be the opinion of someone else. Doesn't make their opinion wrong or worthless but there are some who think their opinion is always the right one and anybody who dares challenge their view are wrong.

Problem is that anything political tends to get very emotive as we are finding at present on other threads...to which many of us are guilty!

​I don't think the attitudes referred to happen on the BSF - do they? :lol:

Edited by Guest

but there are some who think their opinion is always the right one and anybody who dares challenge their view are wrong.

I agree with you about stevebrum ;) hehe