British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Ipswich 9th July 2017 Championship

King getting 3pts is hardly positive. Sedgmen riding at 5 is complete madness, Louis and Hawkins clearly are not too bright.

I wasn't clear. Only losing by 2 points with our number 1 only scoring 3 is surely a positive. Perhaps the reasoning for Sedgmen at 5 will be explained.

I wasn't clear. Only losing by 2 points with our number 1 only scoring 3 is surely a positive. Perhaps the reasoning for Sedgmen at 5 will be explained.

Looking forward to that one. I'm struggling to think of many reasons why he should even be in the team...

It doesn't really matter where he is in the team, it will always be the same problem.

Like said above, can't even think why he is still in the team.

Edited by baldyman

So you don't like Sedgy - fair enough.

But putting him at 5 is crazy - and doing it twice at tracks that are not his favourites is total insanity.

Should be looking for a new team manager.

• Like 1

Perhaps the reasoning for Sedgmen at 5 will be explained.

it is something that isn't seen often and, it would be interesting to hear the reasoning, if it ever was/is revealed.

but I could think of a couple of reasons to it, (if I was a manager)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Could Ipswich not use Rory in heat 13 instead of mountain? I.r rule like Newcastle used against Workington

Could Ipswich not use Rory in heat 13 instead of mountain? I.r rule like Newcastle used against Workington

don't think it can be used if the rider has taken 3 rides, (as King had),,, there was some debate about it regarding Lewis Kerr, I think on another thread.

18.11 An INJURED RIDER REPLACEMENT (IRR)

Is a Facility that allows one certified injured rider’s (#1-#5) remaining programmed rides (including a ride in which he was unable to re-start but was not disqualified - FN) to be taken by other Team Members (including any Guest riders), providing the Team is not already using ARR and subject to:

18.11.1 The injured Rider not having completed 3 rides

18.11.2 Only one position per Team may be declared as IRR.

18.11.3 All riders with an MA below the Injured rider may take one IRR ride each.

18.11.4 IRR is not permitted in Heat 15.

18.11.5 A Nomination once made cannot be changed.

18.11.6 A rider taking an IRR ride may be nominated to take a TR ride (Art. 18.14)

If sedgeman is not at Edinburgh next season i will stand tapping....

best team lost tonight.

The suspicion is that it looks like he's doing a Wolbert

• Like 1

most of us initially presumed that but the reg doesnt allow it.

Quite why is a different matter - why distinguish between having had 3 rides already or not?

Surely the idea of IRR is to allow replacement of a fair standard.

Seems strange that if Danny had missed 2 rides then Rory and Kyle could have taken 1 each yet had to use Connor because Danny had completed 3.

• Like 1

most of us initially presumed that but the reg doesnt allow it.

Quite why is a different matter - why distinguish between having had 3 rides already or not?

Surely the idea of IRR is to allow replacement of a fair standard.

Seems strange that if Danny had missed 2 rides then Rory and Kyle could have taken 1 each yet had to use Connor because Danny had completed 3.

I thought i read somewhere it couldnt be for an existing/old injury??